News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 & 69/70 door differences?

Started by Baldwinvette77, March 16, 2013, 07:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baldwinvette77

Hi, I have a chance to buy a pair of charger doors one's a 68, the other a 69/70 i've notice that when these are sold new the 68 is a separate part number from the 69/70 door, Whats the difference? Thanks.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on March 16, 2013, 07:30:30 PM
Hi, I have a chance to buy a pair of charger doors one's a 68, the other a 69/70 i've notice that when these are sold new the 68 is a separate part number from the 69/70 door, Whats the difference? Thanks.

biggest diff. is the 68 has the interior door lock knob further toward the rear of the door. there are other small differences too,like the window channel at the rear of the door used a 7/16 headed bolt in the door jamb and 69-70 use a 1/2 headed bolt. some have a turn bucke for the outer lock rod that bolts next to the latch some dont... the main thing is that whatever doors you get you can make them work for any other year very easily.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Baldwinvette77

Ok then, Good to know, and thanks again!