News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Good thing I didn't get that Cordoba...(Ponch's 69 Satellite thread)

Started by Ponch ®, March 16, 2013, 10:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Moparz

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: moparstuart on March 21, 2013, 02:47:16 PM
Quote from: Old Moparz on March 21, 2013, 01:37:45 PM
Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on March 21, 2013, 01:22:59 PM
Good Luck.  :2thumbs: Once in awhile I am good for something. LOL

Well, you can make me a sandwich when you have a moment, that would be good.       :lol:
me too , get me a sammage and a beer   :cheers: :icon_smile_big:  OH YEAH PLEASE 
At least you said, please.  :2thumbs:  but I really think someone should be cooking me dinner . Just saying .  :angel: 

TUFCAT

Quote from: Old Moparz on March 21, 2013, 04:08:21 PM
Maybe Ponch would want a "Hot Chicks With Satellites" thread?   :shruggy:

Here's a couple to get started with, just squint for the second one & back up a little......  :D

I would hit both.  :drool5:   No need for squinting or dark lighting. :D

.....actually the second chick looks ready for fun. :Twocents:

Ponch ®

So...i assume that the easiest way to check if I have LH studs is to try to loosen up a lug on the driver's side and if it's lefty-tighty / righty-loosey....
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: Ponch ® on March 21, 2013, 07:43:26 PM
So...i assume that the easiest way to check if I have LH studs is to try to loosen up a lug on the driver's side and if it's lefty-tighty / righty-loosey....
exactly. Be easy , do not break the studs   :2thumbs:

TUFCAT

Quote from: Ponch ® on March 21, 2013, 07:43:26 PM

No. Just get a smoking hot chick on the hood of your car... a LH or RH stud shouldn't be an issue at that point.  :nixon:

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

TUFCAT

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Daytona R/T SE

TUFCAT

Do you think I can convince Mrs. Tufcat this was bought for a cats toy?  :scratchchin:

Ponch ®

checked the lugs/studs this morning....righty-tighty / lefty-loosey both sides.  :2thumbs: Phew. Just hope my tire guy finds me the 45 deg. lugnuts so I can get the new wheels and tires on today.

Cruised the Satellite to work today. Pura vida, mang!

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Old Moparz

Quote from: PocketThunder on March 22, 2013, 04:23:34 PM
Is that like in a gadda da vida?   :scratchchin:

Hey.....no way man.

It's the Chemical Brothers' Exit Planet Dust.

I have this disc, it's great!   :2thumbs:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Ponch ®

Quote from: Old Moparz on March 22, 2013, 04:29:20 PM
Is that like in a gadda da vida?   :scratchchin:

Hey.....no way man.

I have this disc, it's great!   :2thumbs:

I need to poach that grille and valance  :2thumbs: (actually I have a buddy out at MATS and he'll be on the lookout for those).

On very serious note, I really need to change the stereo to one that has an aux and maybe USB ports so I can play tunes from my phone and mp3 player.

Old Moparz

Quote from: Ponch ® on March 22, 2013, 04:48:56 PM
Quote from: Old Moparz on March 22, 2013, 04:29:20 PM
Is that like in a gadda da vida?   :scratchchin:

Hey.....no way man.

I have this disc, it's great!   :2thumbs:

I need to poach that grille and valance  :2thumbs: (actually I have a buddy out at MATS and he'll be on the lookout for those).

On very serious note, I really need to change the stereo to one that has an aux and maybe USB ports so I can play tunes from my phone and mp3 player.

I know you asked earlier if the '68 & '69 would interchange. I would guess that they will, but I know there are subtle differences in the B-Bodies for those years that aren't cosmetic. These differences might change the mounting tabs or screw & bolt locations.

For example, the rubber hood bumpers that the front of the hood rests on when closed are different. The '68 has a small brace welded to where the radiator support meets the inner fender. This brace is where the hood bumper is mounted. On the '69 that brace isn't there & the fender has a flat, horizontal piece mounted to it that extends into this area. The hood bumpers mount on this flat piece on the fender. This also makes the hoods different because the '68 doesn't have the small, square pad welded to it that the '69's do. The pads are where the hood bumpers touch it when closed. Instead, the '68 rests on the underside hood bracing. So don't let anyone tell you a hood for any B-Body in '68 is the same as a '69.

On my '69 Satellite I mounted a '70 nose. It isn't actually relevant to a '68 to '69 grille swap, but there were bolt locations on the '70 fenders to the left & right of the opening for the radiator that were in different locations. I had to drill a couple of holes in the '69 to be able to bolt the fender on.

I'm only bringing it up because you may want to research it a little more before plunking down money for the valance, grille & bezels.   :Twocents:

edit: I found a pair of photos so you can see the hood bumper differences. The '68 is on the left.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

moparstuart

nice 68 grills are very hard to find ,  My uncle george has a 69 grill in his 68 hemi runner and it bolts right in
   but you may have troiuble finding a nice 68 and they dont repop them

Old Moparz

Quote from: moparstuart on March 23, 2013, 08:47:45 AM
nice 68 grills are very hard to find ,  My uncle george has a 69 grill in his 68 hemi runner and it bolts right in
   but you may have troiuble finding a nice 68 and they dont repop them

I had a feeling it would go right in but sometimes you learn the hard way that swaps don't just swap.   :lol:

Uncle George?

You aren't talking about the same George living near me with the 10 second Hemi, are you?
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

moparstuart

Ponch ®

first hiccup: after driving it around all day on Friday (about 20 miles, maybe), the idle became really rough and the engine feels like its struggling / missing. Car shakes like a crackhead that hasn't had a fix in days.

It sort of came out of nowhere, so I'm not sure whats going on. Going to check the plugs and wires first, but I've also read that it could be the carb running rich or something with the ignition/timing. Is there some sort of troubleshooting order for this? ie. I don't wanna go buy a new carb and then find out its something else.

moparstuart

Quote from: Ponch ® on March 25, 2013, 11:43:11 AM
first hiccup: after driving it around all day on Friday (about 20 miles, maybe), the idle became really rough and the engine feels like its struggling / missing. Car shakes like a crackhead that hasn't had a fix in days.

It sort of came out of nowhere, so I'm not sure whats going on. Going to check the plugs and wires first, but I've also read that it could be the carb running rich or something with the ignition/timing. Is there some sort of troubleshooting order for this? ie. I don't wanna go buy a new carb and then find out its something else.
old gas  :shruggy: fouled out the plugs  ?   

Ponch ®

Quote from: moparstuart on March 25, 2013, 11:45:22 AM

well, the car was (supposedly) a daily driver, so old gas is probably an issue if that's the case. I'd say since I got the car a week and few days ago, I've probably put in a full tank of gas. I put in 91 Octane - it's out of habit, since that's what I run in the '08. Is that a possible cause?

moparstuart

Quote from: Ponch ® on March 25, 2013, 11:48:44 AM
Quote from: moparstuart on March 25, 2013, 11:45:22 AM

well, the car was (supposedly) a daily driver, so old gas is probably an issue if that's the case. I'd say since I got the car a week and few days ago, I've probably put in a full tank of gas. I put in 91 Octane - it's out of habit, since that's what I run in the '08. Is that a possible cause?
start with plugs thats the cheapest , is it points or electronic  ignition  ?