News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Good thing I didn't get that Cordoba...(Ponch's 69 Satellite thread)

Started by Ponch ®, March 16, 2013, 10:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Old Moparz

While you're at it, may as well add a cheap magnetic sunroof.   :lol:

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Ponch ®

Wheels ordered and will arrive tomorrow. Only doing the rears for now. My go to Mexi-tire type place is hooking me up with 2 used 275/60/15 Goodyears with about 60-70% thread for $30 each (BUDGET WIN!).

One thing tho...the specs page for the wheels on Summit say the wheels require a 45 deg. lugnuts which I ordered but in the wrong size. Itll probably take a couple more days to get the right lugs again. Is it a really bad idea to use the regular lugs in the meantime? Otherwise, my tire guy is going to try to find me the right lugs by tomorrow.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

moparstuart

Quote from: Ponch ® on March 21, 2013, 12:17:14 PM
Wheels ordered and will arrive tomorrow. Only doing the rears for now. My go to Mexi-tire type place is hooking me up with 2 used 275/60/15 Goodyears with about 60-70% thread for $30 each (BUDGET WIN!).

One thing tho...the specs page for the wheels on Summit say the wheels require a 45 deg. lugnuts which I ordered but in the wrong size. Itll probably take a couple more days to get the right lugs again. Is it a really bad idea to use the regular lugs in the meantime? Otherwise, my tire guy is going to try to find me the right lugs by tomorrow.
be sure you ordered left hand thread for the left side   :shruggy:

Ponch ®

Quote from: moparstuart on March 21, 2013, 12:22:34 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on March 21, 2013, 12:17:14 PM

be sure you ordered left hand thread for the left side   :shruggy:

wait what?!!
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

moparstuart

:yesnod: :yesnod: yes the left side of the car has left handed threads  70 and older thing

Old Moparz

I think they changed it over to all in the same direction in '71 or '72?
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Ponch ®

well shoot..as the kids say "FML". even summit doesnt have the left handed 45 deg angle lugnuts. Am I screwed here as far as using these wheels?

moparstuart

Quote from: Ponch ® on March 21, 2013, 12:40:15 PM
well shoot..as the kids say "FML". even summit doesnt have the left handed 45 deg angle lugnuts. Am I screwed here as far as using these wheels?
try Napa  I have had good luck with them ordering  for me

maxwellwedge

Quote from: Old Moparz on March 20, 2013, 01:29:03 PM
I don't recall ever having seen a tach in anything other than a Road Runner or a GTX, but I also don't know if the tach was available as an option on a 318 car or by itself. My guess is that it was added. Most of the cars have either the square clock or the delete panel. The Coronet also has the same gauge cluster & both my Satellite & my Coronet have delete plates.

I found a gauge cluster years ago with a 150 speedo & the square tach for $40. One day I may put the tach in my Satellite.

Ponch, see if you have a build sheet in the back seat springs.   :Twocents:

It looks like it was an available option on all models....but you could not order it and the clock....obviously had to be one or the other on the option list.  :2thumbs:

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: moparstuart on March 21, 2013, 12:29:15 PM
:yesnod: :yesnod: yes the left side of the car has left handed threads  70 and older thing
maybe he should make sure, it wasn't changed over to RHT. Or think about changing it, if he has too ? I had a few 70's that had been changed to RHT.

maxwellwedge

Ponch ®

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on March 21, 2013, 12:56:58 PM
:yesnod: :yesnod: yes the left side of the car has left handed threads  70 and older thing
maybe he should make sure, it wasn't changed over to RHT. Or think about changing it, if he has too ? I had a few 70's that had been changed to RHT.

what does changing it entail? just the studs?

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: Ponch ® on March 21, 2013, 12:59:31 PM

just the studs  :2thumbs:  I had mine changed on my 70 Barracuda. Stupid guys at the garage kept snapping them, thinking they were RHT.

Ponch ®

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on March 21, 2013, 01:02:26 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on March 21, 2013, 12:59:31 PM

just the studs  :2thumbs:  I had mine changed on my 70 Barracuda. Stupid guys at the garage kept snapping them, thinking they were RHT.

Is there a differnce between front and rear studs? All the ones im seeing (online) say "fits front kelsey hayes drum"

71ChallengeHer

I am not sure mine had drum brakes?  :shruggy:  I am sure one of the guys that knows more will chime in.  :2thumbs:

moparstuart

Ponch ®

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on March 21, 2013, 01:06:07 PM
I am not sure mine had drum brakes?  :shruggy:  I am sure one of the guys that knows more will chime in.  :2thumbs:

Thanks! I think I found them on the Autozone website. Apparently they are different.

Quote from: moparstuart on March 21, 2013, 01:10:59 PM
this place has left hand lug nuts

http://www.ezaccessory.com/Mag_Lug_Nuts_s/2.htm

Cool. I'm gonna check first if it hasn't been changed. The car has aftermarket type lugs, so maybe it's been changed. If not, it may be easier to just change the studs rather than having to hunt down the LH lugs.

71ChallengeHer

Old Moparz

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on March 21, 2013, 01:22:59 PM
Good Luck.  :2thumbs: Once in awhile I am good for something. LOL

Well, you can make me a sandwich when you have a moment, that would be good.       :lol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

moparstuart

Quote from: Old Moparz on March 21, 2013, 01:37:45 PM
Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on March 21, 2013, 01:22:59 PM
Good Luck.  :2thumbs: Once in awhile I am good for something. LOL

Well, you can make me a sandwich when you have a moment, that would be good.       :lol:
me too , get me a sammage and a beer   :cheers: :icon_smile_big:  OH YEAH PLEASE 

Old Moparz

Maybe Ponch would want a "Hot Chicks With Satellites" thread?   :shruggy:

Here's a couple to get started with, just squint for the second one & back up a little......  :D
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Just 6T9 CHGR

If it has front drums, the studs need to be swedged (sp?) into the hubs if Im not mistaken.... :Twocents:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

moparstuart

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on March 21, 2013, 04:10:19 PM
If it has front drums, the studs need to be swedged (sp?) into the hubs if Im not mistaken.... :Twocents:
he can worry about that later when he gets the front wheels , the mans on a budget