News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Good thing I didn't get that Cordoba...(Ponch's 69 Satellite thread)

Started by Ponch ®, March 16, 2013, 10:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

bull

Cute, the wife and the mistress both in one pic. :2thumbs: Oh, and my guess is $6,800.

The next set of wheels I buy for the Charger will be the polished Torque Thrusts. They look better every time I see them.

Ponch ®

Quote from: bull on March 18, 2013, 06:21:40 PM
Cute, the wife and the mistress both in one pic. :2thumbs: Oh, and my guess is $6,800.

The next set of wheels I buy for the Charger will be the polished Torque Thrusts. They look better every time I see them.

$6800...that's as close as anyone's got. High, but not  by much.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

nvrbdn

she looks so comfortable behind that wheel, you might lose that car. :smilielol:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

bull

Quote from: Ponch ® on March 18, 2013, 07:02:50 PM

$6800...that's as close as anyone's got. High, but not  by much.

Wow, you stole that thing IMO. :2thumbs: Way to go.

Also, I know you probably don't want any more practical advice right now but I'd probably be more apt to get a disc brake setup on the front (if it doesn't already) before dropping a grand on wheels. :Twocents: I'm guessing the rear springs are worn out and sagging too unless it's been lowered. Sorry, not trying to be a party pooper but, you know...

Ponch ®

Quote from: bull on March 18, 2013, 07:11:10 PM

Wow, you stole that thing IMO. :2thumbs: Way to go.

Also, I know you probably don't want any more practical advice right now but I'd probably be more apt to get a disc brake setup on the front (if it doesn't already) before dropping a grand on wheels. :Twocents: I'm guessing the rear springs are worn out and sagging too unless it's been lowered. Sorry, not trying to be a party pooper but, you know...

yeah, it does need a few things. for one the gauges dont work (except the tach). So ive been dropping $10 in gas every time ive taken it out just in case. My buddy and I are gonna look over all that stuff next weekend. As far as the wheels, Im just looking to pick up something cheap off of craigslist or also thinking about calling the guy that's buying the 74 and asking if he wants the wheels that are on it right now (15" AR outlaw II's) and offer to take a benjamin or two off the price of the car.

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

bakerhillpins

$6800...that's as close as anyone's got. High, but not  by much.

EGAD!  Maybe I should move?   How can you go wrong at that price. Now that the Ms likes it so much is there still a reason to sell the other ride?

Ain't that the truth!  :drool5:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Ponch ®

Quote from: bakerhillpins on March 19, 2013, 10:01:32 AM

EGAD!  Maybe I should move?   How can you go wrong at that price. Now that the Ms likes it so much is there still a reason to sell the other ride?

its one of those cars that I was lucky to find as soon at the CL ad went up and jump on it away and that the previous owners/sellers are good people. They gave me a good deal and wanted me to buy it because they said of all the calls they got about it, I was the only who asked if it could be driven home (about 70 miles) and didn't try to nit pick it ("its not the original paint...") and lowball them. They loved the car, so they didnt really want it to go to a flipper or one of those "im taking it to Europe and selling it for $20K" types.  

The '74's gotta go b/c I had to dip into my savings to be able to buy the Satellite, so it'll be nice to replenish them. Plus, I've had it for 12 years and only drove it for a bout 1 - the rest of the time its been sitting at my mom's house. Had lots of plans for it but never had the right combination of time, money, or know how to get it done (it was always one or two, but never all three). I'll be busy w/ school for the next 3.5 years, so it was just gonna sit there even more. I wanted an old MOPAR I could drive and cruise around in and the Satty came along. I sold the Charger to a kid and his dad who are going to work on it together...so im glad its going to a good home and finally will get back on the road.

RIDELIKEHELL

Great score! Ca't wait to see the new wheels but IMO I like the steelies  :yesnod:
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Ponch ® on March 19, 2013, 12:39:39 PM
its one of those cars that I was lucky to find as soon at the CL ad went up and jump on it away and that the previous owners/sellers are good people. They gave me a good deal and wanted me to buy it because they said of all the calls they got about it, I was the only who asked if it could be driven home (about 70 miles) and didn't try to nit pick it ("its not the original paint...") and lowball them. They loved the car, so they didnt really want it to go to a flipper or one of those "im taking it to Europe and selling it for $20K" types.  

The '74's gotta go b/c I had to dip into my savings to be able to buy the Satellite, so it'll be nice to replenish them. Plus, I've had it for 12 years and only drove it for a bout 1 - the rest of the time its been sitting at my mom's house. Had lots of plans for it but never had the right combination of time, money, or know how to get it done (it was always one or two, but never all three). I'll be busy w/ school for the next 3.5 years, so it was just gonna sit there even more. I wanted an old MOPAR I could drive and cruise around in and the Satty came along. I sold the Charger to a kid and his dad who are going to work on it together...so im glad its going to a good home and finally will get back on the road.

Well then, sounds like you walked into the best possible scenario for your situation. Sweet to have a Mopar that you can cruse in that's for sure.  :yesnod:  I am excited for you both!
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Old Moparz

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Ponch ®

Quote from: RIDELIKEHELL on March 19, 2013, 12:55:42 PM
Great score! Ca't wait to see the new wheels but IMO I like the steelies  :yesnod:

I like them too (raised white letters, etc). But these suck. They're 14's and the tires on it right now are 205/60 (or something like that).

Quote from: TruckDriver on March 19, 2013, 01:03:54 PM
Ponch, you have one beautiful wife my friend :2thumbs: :)

Thank you sir...ill pass the compliment along. Did I mention her daily driver is a 2010 Challenger R/T?

Quote from: Old Moparz on March 19, 2013, 01:28:44 PM
Don't be blinging the shit out of it either.

Can I lowrider it? An airbrushed Aztec warrior mural would look sick on the hood.

71ChallengeHer

I was thinking a big old dragon blowing flames . mural on the hood.  :D.    :smilielol:

moparstuart

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on March 19, 2013, 01:44:42 PM
I was thinking a big old dragon blowing flames . mural on the hood.  :D.    :smilielol:
or a huge Coiled Cobra out of giant metal flake ,  and Hydrolics for sure    :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: moparstuart on March 19, 2013, 01:57:12 PM
Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on March 19, 2013, 01:44:42 PM
or a huge Coiled Cobra out of giant metal flake ,  and Hydrolics for sure    :icon_smile_big:
. Don't forget that little doggie for the back deck. The one that 's head goes up and down.  :rofl:

Old Moparz

I had a set of 14"x 6" chrome magnums on mine for a while & will probably get a another set in a 15" size.

Here are a couple of random Satellite pics I found, one with the magnums & one with Keystone Classics.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

moparstuart

keystones do look good    :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ponch ®

Thinking about going with something like this (for now). They're cheap and it'll look badass w RWL tires.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/brw-942581245/overview/

I know for the back I need 4.5"-5" backspacing with a 15x8 rim. What about the front 15x7? backspacing?

Not sure about tire size...in the back I'd like to go wide but not too tall - just enough to fill the wheel well.  No idea about the front - I'd like to go w shorter tire to get a subtle raked look.

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

rt green

third string oil changer

Ponch ®

Ponch ®

Quote from: Old Moparz on March 19, 2013, 03:30:39 PM
I had a set of 14"x 6" chrome magnums on mine for a while & will probably get a another set in a 15" size.

Here are a couple of random Satellite pics I found, one with the magnums & one with Keystone Classics.

damn,now I realize how jacked up my grille is  :rotz: