News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Good thing I didn't get that Cordoba...(Ponch's 69 Satellite thread)

Started by Ponch ®, March 16, 2013, 10:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch ®

Quote from: TruckDriver on March 17, 2013, 03:14:35 PM
Nice car Ponch!  :2thumbs: :cheers: :drool5:

Cragar SS wheels  :yesnod:

hate Cragars.

my wish list, in order (all w/ RWL tires)

Torq Thrust II's
AR "Daisy"s
Slot Mags
black NASCAR style wheels
black Steelies w/ dishes, but go up to 15" and as wide as theyll fit.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

TruckDriver

Then one of these 3 would look awesome too!

Torq Thrust II's
AR "Daisy"s
Slot Mags
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

NHCharger

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

TUFCAT

charge69

Nice find and they are also my favorite (1969 Plymouths) cars. Not a fan of torque thrusts but, it's you're car and it was a great buy.

Ponch ®

here ya go. never been so glad to hear Mrs Ponch say "we need to go buy detergent"  :icon_smile_big:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

General_01

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Ponch ® on March 17, 2013, 11:11:50 AM
put it this way: asking price was $7500 obo. I paid obo.

now i gotta do something about those wheels. I like the steelie look but not on a white car. and  theyre probably 14x7's...might as well be running bicycle tires...

NICE DEAL!!!!!

Vainglory, Esq.

Next time I'm out there, I expect to be picked up at the airport in this.

Ponch ®

start planning the trip then, Hoss.

A few mo'

Wheels just became a priority...I got a couple of "nice lowrider" comments....

1974dodgecharger

moparstuart

Quote from: Ponch ® on March 18, 2013, 12:21:44 AM
start planning the trip then, Hoss.

A few mo'

Wheels just became a priority...I got a couple of "nice lowrider" comments....
when you putting the hydrolics on it   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:  you need to talk to nacho and buy one of his fancy sport satelite rear
finish panels I am storing for him here  . That will make the rear of that thing POP  

cool its a column auto , with a factory tach 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Old Moparz

Nice find.  :cheers:   I'll take a guess that you paid $5500 for it   :shruggy:

I see a few things you need, the grille is bent along with the valance under it. That stuff is available repro & there is someone on ebay that has been advertising the grille & headlight bezels for a lot less than the other vendors who carry them. If I remember, AMD sells the valance.

AMD Valance: http://www.ebay.com/itm/68-69-Road-Runner-Satellite-GTX-Lower-Grille-Panel-1969-/390103703404?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1969|Make%3APlymouth|Model%3ASatellite&hash=item5ad3fe1f6c&vxp=mtr

Goodmark Grille: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-69-Road-Runner-Grille-Grill-RoadRunner-New-/360157364933?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1969|Make%3APlymouth|Model%3ARoadrunner&hash=item53db0d42c5&vxp=mtr

(Can't find the bezels under a current auction, but they were less than $200 for the pair.)

You said old radio? Is there an original stock radio or is it the aftermarket one in the photo?  :shruggy:

I may have an extra radio bezel for a stock radio you can have if you need it, I'd have to check to make sure.

Please tell me you're not wearing a kilt in this pic without your underwear. If you are, you're lucky that vinyl cleans up easy.  :lol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

moparstuart

Quote from: Old Moparz on March 18, 2013, 06:15:37 AM
Nice find.  :cheers:   I'll take a guess that you paid $5500 for it   :shruggy:

I see a few things you need, the grille is bent along with the valance under it. That stuff is available repro & there is someone on ebay that has been advertising the grille & headlight bezels for a lot less than the other vendors who carry them. If I remember, AMD sells the valance.

AMD Valance: http://www.ebay.com/itm/68-69-Road-Runner-Satellite-GTX-Lower-Grille-Panel-1969-/390103703404?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1969|Make%3APlymouth|Model%3ASatellite&hash=item5ad3fe1f6c&vxp=mtr

Goodmark Grille: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-69-Road-Runner-Grille-Grill-RoadRunner-New-/360157364933?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1969|Make%3APlymouth|Model%3ARoadrunner&hash=item53db0d42c5&vxp=mtr

(Can't find the bezels under a current auction, but they were less than $200 for the pair.)

You said old radio? Is there an original stock radio or is it the aftermarket one in the photo?  :shruggy:

I may have an extra radio bezel for a stock radio you can have if you need it, I'd have to check to make sure.

Please tell me you're not wearing a kilt in this pic without your underwear. If you are, you're lucky that vinyl cleans up easy.  :lol:
IF you need parts cheap Join up over at www.69roadrunner.net  all the guys over there are very budget mined and help each other out .  You can pick up some very good deals over there .  Plus they are all a bunch of clowns so we have a good time busting on each other  .   

Ponch ®

Nice find.  :cheers:   I'll take a guess that you paid $5500 for it   :shruggy:

You said old radio? Is there an original stock radio or is it the aftermarket one in the photo?  :shruggy:

Please tell me you're not wearing a kilt in this pic without your underwear. If you are, you're lucky that vinyl cleans up easy.  :lol:

good looking out man. I think Im gonna hold out for a couple of months until the Spring Fling show in May and try to poach those at the swapmeet. If not, ill go the new route. I kinda like the '68 grille better...cleaner looking. will it fit?

Oh, it's not a kilt...shorts. appropriate attire for the awesome 80 degree weather we've had for the last week or so.

Quote from: moparstuart on March 18, 2013, 09:16:09 AM
IF you need parts cheap Join up over at www.69roadrunner.net  all the guys over there are very budget mined and help each other out .  You can pick up some very good deals over there .  Plus they are all a bunch of clowns so we have a good time busting on each other  .   

im gonna check it out.

So can someone educate me on the biggest differences between the Satellite, Sport Satellite, and RoadRunner?

moparstuart

Quote from: Ponch ® on March 18, 2013, 12:12:08 PM
Nice find.  :cheers:   I'll take a guess that you paid $5500 for it   :shruggy:

You said old radio? Is there an original stock radio or is it the aftermarket one in the photo?  :shruggy:

Please tell me you're not wearing a kilt in this pic without your underwear. If you are, you're lucky that vinyl cleans up easy.  :lol:

good looking out man. I think Im gonna hold out for a couple of months until the Spring Fling show in May and try to poach those at the swapmeet. If not, ill go the new route. I kinda like the '68 grille better...cleaner looking. will it fit?

Oh, it's not a kilt...shorts. appropriate attire for the awesome 80 degree weather we've had for the last week or so.

Quote from: moparstuart on March 18, 2013, 09:16:09 AM

im gonna check it out.

So can someone educate me on the biggest differences between the Satellite, Sport Satellite, and RoadRunner?
Road runner and belvedeer are the cheapies  taxi cab base interiors .    Satellite was a step up as far as interior ,  Sport satellite had an even  better appearence package . I beleive all satellites were hardtops with roll down rear windows also  .  Road Runners  had push out rear window and posts unless you payed more for a hard top option  .

Old Moparz

On top of what Stuart mentioned, the Sport Satellite had the same GTX exterior trim & interior wood grain, same plastic grille & the dicast trunk panel that Nacho is selling. The Satellite you got has different side moldings from the Sport Satellite & GTX, & there are moldings on the trunk lid instead of the dicast panel. The base Belvedere & Road Runner don't have moldings on the exterior except for the rockers which may have been an option.

http://storm.oldcarmanualproject.com/plymouth1969.htm
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Finn

Sweeeeettt!  :D

Let me know when you post the charger up for sale, I got a friend that is looking for a project. Are you driving this to the spring fling?
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

bill440rt

VERY nice score!  :cheers:
A/C to boot!  :drool5:

A buddy of mine has a '69 Satellite, he just ditched Cragars in favor of Torque Thrusts. Looks much better.  :yesnod:
Not a big fan of Cragar SS's here, either.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

XS29L

How about some 15x7 cop car wheels with rallye center caps ( in black winkle finish) and an A-12 style hood !       :Twocents:
MOPAR OR NO CAR !!

Ponch ®

Quote from: XS29L on March 18, 2013, 05:27:23 PM
How about some 15x7 cop car wheels with rallye center caps ( in black winkle finish) and an A-12 style hood !       :Twocents:

yep, that's also an idea (even tho I said I don't like steelies on white cars).

Finn - I may have already sold the Charger (or else I just pocketed the easiest $500 ever [deposit]). Ill let you know if for some reason that falls thru. And yeah, I'm def. driving it to the Fling. Dunno about doing the Friday mountain cruise in it, but itll be at all of the other Fling related events.  :2thumbs:

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

bull

Quote from: Ponch ® on March 16, 2013, 10:58:22 PM
Remember how I was all over it a few weeks ago? Well, I'd have been kicking myself right about now. Never thought I'd say this, but bull was right.  :icon_smile_big:

:yesnod: I will be saving this quote for future reference.

Nice car, BTW. :2thumbs: