News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Carlisle- Where to stay

Started by NHCharger, March 16, 2013, 09:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NHCharger

I just booked three nights at the Red Roof Dump, oops, I mean Inn, where I usually stay. Got boned for $430.00. I usually stay there because they can accommodate my truck and trailer in case I decide to tow the Charger instead of driving it down.
You guys that trailer to Carlisle-where do you stay and what is the cost?
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

ODZKing

I believe it is the Ramada in Mechanicsburg and if I remember it is a little over $100 or right around there.

71ChallengeHer

adauto

Quote from: ODZKing on March 16, 2013, 10:03:00 PM
I believe it is the Ramada in Mechanicsburg and if I remember it is a little over $100 or right around there.

ya about that  :yesnod:
Never too many! 70 Chally R/T Convert-70 GTX-68-69-74 Charger-68 Dart GTS

http://a-dauto.com/  http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

y3chargerrt

I have been staying at the days Inn Carlisle the last few years. Nice and clean. Great locations around $150.00 a night with tax.

Tilar

I been going to the Quality Inn and it has a place to park a truck and trailer. They run a little higher though, around $160 a night I think.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Wicked72

It will be just a one dayer again this year. And im going to make it to the tent I promise!!!
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Tilar on March 17, 2013, 07:24:37 AM
I been going to the Quality Inn and it has a place to park a truck and trailer. They run a little higher though, around $160 a night I think.

Last year when I called them they wanted $200 a night. I got online 2 minutes after that and booked Thursday and Friday nights for $150. This was early June. I figured I would just leave early and it turned out to be the best decision as it was 106* on Sat when we left. :eek2:

I would like to stay till Sunday this year but external circumstances are shooting the whole prospect thus far this year.

Quote from: y3chargerrt on March 17, 2013, 05:34:44 AM
I have been staying at the days Inn Carlisle the last few years. Nice and clean. Great locations around $150.00 a night with tax.

I almost took your reservations last year and it seemed like a really nice place if not a few miles further out. More than anything I really enjoy the company at these shows. Last year I learned that it really doesn't matter where you stay as you can just cruse to another hotel parking lot and hang out with friends. That being said, it has been difficult to do that with the boys in past years since they don't have the staying power that their old man does. They might do better this year and I know in a few our roles will be reversed and I will be the anchor to all the "fun"   :icon_smile_big:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

moparstuart

just got word i have weiseled my way into a ride , so i'm coming this year for the first time .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

NHCharger

Quote from: moparstuart on March 17, 2013, 01:11:30 PM
just got word i have weiseled my way into a ride , so i'm coming this year for the first time .

So what your really saying is that after begging your wife and promising anything in return she agreed to let you off the leash for a few days  :D :D
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

68 Bullitt Charger

Staying HOME! :yesnod: sorry Guy's, 105 degrees, pouring rain and too expensive for entrance and food.  ;)
Some of the Mopar Ride's in Stable.....
58 Pymouth Fury "Christine"
65 Ply Satellite 9.43@141 mph
58 Ply Fury "Christine"
64 40th anniv 880 Custom 383 Pwr Everything!

I'd rather be hated for the person I am, than be loved for the person I am not!!!!!!

Cooter

Be there again hopefully. Been staying at different gotels, but mainly sharing a room and only costs like $100/person/night.

Might have to "wing" it this year though.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

71ChallengeHer

Check Dillsburg and Mt Holly Springs area. They are not that far from Carlisle. And maybe York that might be tough being the US 30 Reunion is the same weekend but the hotels might be cheaper ?

Tilar

I have a couple friends that are talking like they might come this year so at least I won't have the full bill to pay by myself... which will be a first.
Dave  

Brightyellow69rtse

id love to go as ive never been. any reccomendations at all?  im not sure if id drive or trailer it down. thats a looong drive with 4.10's  but it would prolly be really fun if the weather was ok. i could maybe rent a trailer and pull it with my ram and the ram has a/c.oh it gets better mpg too proly still does even towing a charger behind it  :smilielol:

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: ODZKing on March 16, 2013, 10:03:00 PM

Yup...   About that.   Close to the pike in mechanicburg and close to the highway.    Less than a mile to the CVM  for the kickoff show.    Restaurants and stores all close.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

bill440rt

Definitely looking forward to meeting members here that I haven't yet.  :cheers:

I stopped staying at the Quality Inn when they tried to jack my rates around a few years ago. Then, at checkout they let me know about the rate increase again for the following year. It got out of hand, especially when the hotel RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET was like $50 bucks cheaper PER night.  :o   But... no trailer parking.
Been staying at a different hotel ever since. Better rates, good trailer parking, etc. We usually go as a group of friends, so I split the cost of the room with a friend and it makes it more affordable for both.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

thedodgeboys

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: thedodgeboys on March 21, 2013, 11:58:18 PM
Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on March 16, 2013, 10:49:59 PM
At my house .  :shruggy:

You got room at the inn???
. Maybe on the floor at this point. I gave up my bedroom. I will be sleeping on the sofa.  :shruggy:   There is a new hotel opening in Carlisle on May 30 th. someone posted on cc.com about it ?

Chris G.

There's a huge hotel going up on Rt.11. It's very close to Hoss' Steakhouse. I'm sure the rates will be just as bad as the others.

moparstuart

OK we are staying at the Super 8  in Etter  PA  ?  near harrisburg  ?

and our swap space is  G-24   

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: moparstuart on March 22, 2013, 09:12:00 AM
OK we are staying at the Super 8  in Etter  PA  ?  near harrisburg  ?

and our swap space is  G-24   
. Between York and Harrisburg. I can stalk you , now.   :nana:      :rofl:   :rofl:   

moparstuart

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on March 22, 2013, 02:13:34 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on March 22, 2013, 09:12:00 AM
OK we are staying at the Super 8  in Etter  PA  ?  near harrisburg  ?

and our swap space is  G-24  
. Between York and Harrisburg. I can stalk you , now.   :nana:      :rofl:   :rofl:    
cool    :icon_smile_big:     i trying to sleep on your couch but you kicked me off

71ChallengeHer

Trying to fit you, Scott, and Dave and me on my sofa. Plus the cats. And 1 bathroom . And Shelby in her room and Barry in my room. Not gonna work. If I had a bigger place. It wouldn't  be a problem. Sorry.  :pity:   

moparstuart

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on March 22, 2013, 03:06:54 PM
Trying to fit you, Scott, and Dave and me on my sofa. Plus the cats. And 1 bathroom . And Shelby in her room and Barry in my room. Not gonna work. If I had a bigger place. It wouldn't  be a problem. Sorry.  :pity:   
:2thumbs: :icon_smile_big:

thedodgeboys

Ha Ha Thanks Jackie but you have no business sleeping on the couch in your condition!

Now me and the little kitty cats we could get along just fine...     :scratchchin:

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: thedodgeboys on March 22, 2013, 06:13:28 PM

Ha Ha Thanks Jackie but you have no business sleeping on the couch in your condition!

Now me and the little kitty cats we could get along just fine...     :scratchchin:
actually, the sofa if more comfortable . It keeps me from rolling over on my left leg in my sleep.  Ouch. :brickwall:   And Winchester would prolly love you. He loves crazy men.   :D.   :smilielol: 

moparstuart

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on March 22, 2013, 06:40:14 PM
Quote from: thedodgeboys on March 22, 2013, 06:13:28 PM

actually, the sofa if more comfortable . It keeps me from rolling over on my left leg in my sleep.  Ouch. :brickwall:   And Winchester would prolly love you. He loves crazy men.   :D.   :smilielol: 
wow she nailed you right off   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Tilar

They had a few rooms left at Hotel Carlisle, Just booked 3 nights at just under $430.
Dave  

billfury

I'll be staying here.

Rodeway Inn(PA128)
1239 Harrisburg Pike, Carlisle, PA, US, 17013
Phone: (717) 249-2800

$138 a night

NHCharger

Bill. I use to stay there. No parking for truck/trailer set up. very noisy. Another one of those places where you wear your shoes inside at all times until you climb into bed.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

billfury

Quote from: NHCharger on April 03, 2013, 08:57:59 PM
Bill. I use to stay there. No parking for truck/trailer set up. very noisy. Another one of those places where you wear your shoes inside at all times until you climb into bed.

That sucks.Hopefully I'll be so tired that I wont here a sound and sleep with my boots on.lol

moparstuart

only about a month away  ,  my first time coming you all had better show me a good time