News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone used Eastwood's Chrome paint?

Started by b5blue, March 15, 2013, 04:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

Near Chrome looking paint, I'm thinking of trying it on my doors lightly pitted vent window assembly's front section.  :scratchchin:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Nah, Id pass on using paint on the vent window frames.  Maybe on the arm rest bezels but not on the exterior.  :Twocents:

Now on a different note.....

There are many companies that use vinyl wrapping for the exterior of cars.

There is a guy in Long Island NY that has a chrome wrapped Lamborghini Aventador (gotta love his license plate)....guy is a divorce lawyer and a huge "baller"...has tons of $$ and isnt afraid to spend it.

Any hoo....maybe they can vinyl wrap the vent windows with chrome vinyl?

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

bill440rt

I used a paint from Eastwood before called Almost Chrome. Is that the paint you are referring to, B5?
It was shit. Pure garbage. Basically gloss argent silver paint. Worthless. The chrome paint from the hardware store worked better.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

b5blue

Quote from: bill440rt on March 16, 2013, 07:17:04 AM
I used a paint from Eastwood before called Almost Chrome. Is that the paint you are referring to, B5?
It was shit. Pure garbage. Basically gloss argent silver paint. Worthless. The chrome paint from the hardware store worked better.
Thanks Bill, ya just saved me 100 bucks!  :2thumbs:

bill440rt

$100 bucks!!  :o :o
Which chrome paint is that, Neal? The "Almost Chrome" spray bomb is only $15. It sucks.
You must be referring to the "Liquid Chrome"? Haven't tried that one, so I can't say for sure what it looks like. Looks like just chrome paint in the pictures.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

b5blue

Yea Liquid Chrome that's it, the "kit" is about that. 8 oz. with black undercoat and clear over coat. HOK has 8 oz. for 69.00 or so.  :scratchchin: I tried the other stuff experimenting, Rust-Oleum #7718. The cap is chrome plated and I remember thinking yea I'll kiss someone butt if that's what comes squirting out... :lol:
  It's a platinum silver but dang sure not chrome, I've yet to hit something with that on it with a coat of high gloss clear over it but can't see it helping.
It's just the outside of the part that's speckle pitted and dullish, I thought it might help some. I could take one for the team and try it, then get a refund from Eastwood if it sucks.