News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

And he pulls another one out of the barn. (pics)

Started by Tilar, March 14, 2013, 03:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tilar

I'm sure a few of you remember me posting the 69 Hemi Road Runner that my cousin has.  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,91498.0.html    Well as it turns out he also has a 70 Hemi Challenger, and according to his Dad he also has a Cuda but he didn't know if it's a Hemi or what year it is.

We kinda grew up together but I moved to Texas and he's now living in California. When I posted about the Road Runner he was back home here trying to sell it and even took it to Mecum auctions but didn't sell it.  Well his Mom called me today and said that Mike (my cousin) had sold a 70 Dodge Challenger he had and some trucking company is supposed to come by and get it within the next week, and Mike told her to call me to see if I wanted to come see it before it goes. She goes on to tell me that somebody by the name of Galen came by yesterday to check out the car to be sure it was legit.

Anyway, Sorry for the crappy pics but the doors were closed and I couldn't get a good shot of the whole car.

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

charger Downunder

Wow if my cousin had a Hemi Challenger, I would make sure i new about it, You need to spend more time talking to your family members who knows what else they have. Now that's one that got away i hope he got the right money for it.
[/quote]

1974dodgecharger

you know your in the big leagues if Galen is calling you and your NOT calling him  :2thumbs:

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Tilar

According to his Dad the car did have one repaint and you can tell, but other than that it is all original. 36,298 original miles.  His mom said that the guy that is buying the car is the one that got ahold of Galen and flew him out here.
Dave  

Tilar

Quote from: charger Downunder on March 14, 2013, 04:04:34 PM
Wow if my cousin had a Hemi Challenger, I would make sure i new about it, You need to spend more time talking to your family members who knows what else they have. Now that's one that got away i hope he got the right money for it.

I'm sure he did. He was asking $125k min for the RoadRunner and high bid was $100k. It's back in the barn.
Dave  

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Tilar on March 14, 2013, 04:33:15 PM

I'm sure he did. He was asking $125k min for the RoadRunner and high bid was $100k. It's back in the barn.

did he acquire these when they first came out and just kept them there? 

Its one of those dreams we look back and say, 'damn wish I bought some of those and preserved them' kinda deal like buying stock from the 80s and cashing out in 2000 etc deal.

mauve66

i missed the RR thread, would hate to be in a position to have to sell both of them :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

bull

Very nice car. :2thumbs: Every time I see one of those trunk-mounted luggage racks I have to wonder if anyone has ever used one for its intended purpose.

Tilar

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on March 14, 2013, 05:09:20 PM
Quote from: Tilar on March 14, 2013, 04:33:15 PM

did he acquire these when they first came out and just kept them there? 

Its one of those dreams we look back and say, 'damn wish I bought some of those and preserved them' kinda deal like buying stock from the 80s and cashing out in 2000 etc deal.

I know he's not the original owner of any of them because he is real close to my age. I also know the Road Runner was bought in the 80's and according to what his Dad said today I'm guessing he's had them all for a long time, probably the same time frame.
Dave  

Tilar

Quote from: mauve66 on March 14, 2013, 05:36:48 PM
i missed the RR thread, would hate to be in a position to have to sell both of them :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

I don't think he's in a bad position anymore. At least not in a "have to sell" position like he was.
Dave  

mauve66

yeah, e-bodies seem to sell higher and better but to me the RR is a WAAAAAY better car
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

bakerhillpins

Funny, even though I prefer blue mopars I like that Challenger much better. Probably because 69 RRs are not my favorite car.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

surmanajaja

so ur cousin has had them for like, 25 years, and u didnt know about them? thats weird.. I guess you dont have close ties to ur relatives. nice car.

Tilar

Quote from: surmanajaja on March 15, 2013, 10:22:14 AM
so ur cousin has had them for like, 25 years, and u didnt know about them? thats weird.. I guess you dont have close ties to ur relatives. nice car.

I moved to Texas back in 78 before he got them. He moved to California but I have no idea when. I've only been back from Texas since fall of 2006 and just sold my house there a year ago last January, so no I didn't know about them.
Dave  

paironines

My uncle bought a Limelight 70 Cuda in 94, I didn't hear about it til 2002, and even then didn't lay eyes on the car til 2009 so hey, it happens.

Tilar

I just got an email and apparently Galen told them it was the only known 70 Challenger RT with a hemi and 4 speed known to exist. I'm always hesitant to believe things like that only because I've heard that only a handfull of 68 Chargers with a 318 and 3 on the tree were made, but I have one and have seen half a dozen others either on ebay or other places on the net.  I wish I could get him to tell me what he got for it. lol
Dave  

Troy

Quote from: Tilar on March 15, 2013, 06:32:37 PM
I just got an email and apparently Galen told them it was the only known 70 Challenger RT with a hemi and 4 speed known to exist. I'm always hesitant to believe things like that only because I've heard that only a handfull of 68 Chargers with a 318 and 3 on the tree were made, but I have one and have seen half a dozen others either on ebay or other places on the net.  I wish I could get him to tell me what he got for it. lol
You probably mean "with a luggage rack" or something along those lines. There are plenty of Hemi 4-speed 70 Challengers. More likely it has to do with the interior color. They certainly didn't make many Challengers with red interior - even without the Hemi!

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Alaskan_TA

401 scheduled production date with March on the door sticker, so for some reason the car was made early.

1974dodgecharger

wonder why he wont tell you?  YOu think he felt 'jipped'???

Tilar

Quote from: Troy on March 15, 2013, 07:03:00 PM
You probably mean "with a luggage rack" or something along those lines. There are plenty of Hemi 4-speed 70 Challengers. More likely it has to do with the interior color. They certainly didn't make many Challengers with red interior - even without the Hemi!

Troy

Well I'm getting my information from his mom who is getting information from him, which is part of the reason I said "I'm always hesitant to believe things like that"

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on March 16, 2013, 03:28:37 AM

Probably thinks it's none of my damn business... and he'd be right.  :lol:  I doubt he got ripped. He knows what these old cars are worth.
Dave  

1970Moparmann

Lucky man to have two hemi's.  The Challenger, and Road Runner, look to be really nice cars!  Love the dog dish caps.... :nana:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

472 R/T SE

Be still my heart.  Red on red.  I love the mono color combinations, especially the reds'.

I don't think I've ever seen a luggage rack Hemi car.   :shruggy:  I bet it glows out in the sun.  :2thumbs:

1974dodgecharger

understandable and respectful  :2thumbs:
Quote from: Tilar on March 16, 2013, 05:01:19 AM
Quote from: Troy on March 15, 2013, 07:03:00 PM

Troy

Well I'm getting my information from his mom who is getting information from him, which is part of the reason I said "I'm always hesitant to believe things like that"

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on March 16, 2013, 03:28:37 AM

Probably thinks it's none of my damn business... and he'd be right.  :lol:  I doubt he got ripped. He knows what these old cars are worth.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Was it maybe because of the bright red FE5 exterior & red interior? 

I know for '69 the V08 variance code was required to have a R4 bright red exterior with the red interior.  The darker R6 exterior was acceptable with the red interior though...
Chris' '69 Charger R/T