News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hurricane Sandy 68 Hemi Charger

Started by moparchris, March 08, 2013, 09:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TUFCAT

I wonder if the car was totaled? Is there anyone in the insurance business that can help with this one?

In Michigan when a car is totaled it gets a salvaged title.  It is also required by law to disclose this to a potential buyer.

bill440rt

IIRC the car was declared totalled, it then went to a salvage auction. Not sure if it was passed around since then or just the auction buyer is flipping it.  :shruggy:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

A383Wing

this is the same car that was on ebay a bit ago, a lot of us contacted the seller and told him about this being the hurricane car..ebay seller basically told us to piss off and not believe everything we read on the forums...he was out of Florida if I remember

we could see all the rust under the car, water marks up the side of console....

1974dodgecharger

florida?  NO he was here in phoenix area, scottsdale specifically.  big mopar man...knows his mopars which makes it worse he tried to sell it off with the flood issues like he did.

A383Wing

yea..it was 602 area code..I was thinking of some other car I guess...here is original thread

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,103438.0.html

garner7555

I have been in and around the salvage business all my life, and yes sometimes the insurance companies give the vehicles salvage titles but not always. I use to buy a lot of clean title cars at the salvage auctions. Every state has different laws on this stuff, here in AL & GA we don't need a title for a car that old anyway.   :2thumbs:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

A383Wing

if that car sells at BJ....I'm gonna feel a great disturbance in the force afterwards

Ghoste

It has to sell, unless B-J have changed their policy everything except Craig Jacksons personal cars have to be sold as no reserve.

6spd68

Quote from: Ghoste on December 18, 2013, 10:20:02 AM
It has to sell, unless B-J have changed their policy everything except Craig Jacksons personal cars have to be sold as no reserve.

I guess we're all patiently waiting to January...   :popcrn:
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

I wonder if B-J knows, or would care, about the storied past  :popcrn:

A383Wing

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on December 19, 2013, 10:22:02 AM

I thought about contacting them about it....  :scratchchin:

Dino

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on December 19, 2013, 10:22:02 AM

I don't know if they inspect cars but a quick google search will lead them here and to the previous auction site so it's not that they won't find out what happened to it.  They may care about losing revenue but I doubt they care about selling a turd.  Some people working for BJ may care, but they are not the ones that make decisions.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

TUFCAT

This sort of stuff will eventually bite them in the ass.  :icon_smile_blackeye:

TUFCAT

Cooter

I wonder if this was just a 'lowly' 383 car, would people even give two sh*ts...
Since its money, people seem to want to see it not sell. Research is up to the drunken, rich, dumbass with more money than God at sale time.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Ghoste

TUFCAT

more...  :oye: I was going to draw arrow and captions but I don't think its necessary.  :eek2:

TUFCAT

:popcrn:

Dino

Yeah I wouldn't plop down on those seats too hard or you may have some spring debris in your butt!

Ghoste

It would be interesting to see those same photo angles in a year or so.

TUFCAT

The interior was half filled with water...the car needs a complete disassembly and total restoration. Can you imagine what it smells like in there. :eek2: The dash and electrical is going to be a bit of a problem!!

Dino

The thing is, this car was easily saved if only they had taken it apart right away.  You can clean up salt water, I've done it, it's a lot of work but dammit it was worth saving!  At this point who knows how bad it is, 1 year later. 

I'm sure the paint is still shiny so it'll be the best looking project car you've ever seen!

Ghoste

And sadly at auction, that shiny paint is all its going to take to sell it.  The Hemi badge will just determine the amount.

Dino

Quote from: Ghoste on December 19, 2013, 12:28:06 PM
And sadly at auction, that shiny paint is all its going to take to sell it.  The Hemi badge will just determine the amount.

That and the amount of alcohol consumed by prospective buyers.   :D

So are there any warranties whatsoever with auctioned cars?