News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Moral Question ?

Started by Challenger340, March 17, 2013, 01:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Challenger340

Some really GREAT insights received, THANKS fella's

Only wimps wear Bowties !

Cooter

Lemme see if I can try and help you out here. I've been fighting this one for years. Many folks, while meaning well, certainly have not picked up a wrench in their lives, will inevidably repeat what they feel is either A. The most logical, or B. What they themselves have read to be true.

Both are certainly NOT the best.
However, if you are trying to protect the average public/mopar enthusiast from themselves, then your fighting a losing battle.
While I think you are knowledgable in performance engines, I certainly do not think the buck stops with your word as law. Maybe you know better than the guy you refer to, but because he has a "following", and has the respect of many, you feel somehow "slighted"? A little over looked? Been there, done that. Afterall, you are nothing more than another poster who likes to post flow data. Doesn't make you "Gawd" either to them. Doesn't matter if you've built 10K engines none ever came apart, to them, you are just another Mopar Gearhead. Laugh at the idiots and move on. Isn't worth your time.

I offer a question asked about a problem with a daily driver. You respond with what you KNOW is a known problem with these vehicles. Here comes a post from another that COMLETELY contradicts what you've tried to say. You KNOW it isn't correct, but because it "Seems Logical" they have to read ALL replies then make up their own minds.

No matter how hard you try, you cannot keep idiots from believing another idiot if they believe he is indeed "God". Even if you know better. I've gotten in MANY arguements with these self-proclaimed "Experts", only to have the entire posting world come down on my head because I dared "Correct God".

Nope, just move on and simply know that if "Gawd" tells someone incorrect info. sooner or later, he wll have to deal with the consequences. And you?
Simply sit back and wait for the BS to begin flying, come in and tell them you told them so(Everybody HATES that), and kick them when they are down as that's all they seem to understand.

I've even offered a VERY simple way out of problems only to be told, "Well, not everybody has access to machine lathes, or this and that. Not everybody has the skills to pull that off. Not everybody has the time to put into it you do" BLAH,BLAH,Blah, BULLSH*T!!
All they are REALLY saying is "I'm a whiny little bastid that asked for some help, you told me the cheapest and simplest way, but since I don't like you, or "Gawd" didn't offer your idea, I'm gonna make up all kinds of bullsh*t excuses NOT TO LISTEN TO YOU!"

I have done it before. I've waited until some bad advice got another thread opened up about same problem from same person, and came in and laughed at said person. If he's THAT hardheaded, then he/she deserves to get screwed. Can't fix stupid.

They all get their's in the end. Stupidity has no cure. Sooner or later, they either run outta money, or patience. Either way, we don't have to deal with them any longer.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

cdr

my answer to people like that is,,,,show me some time slips!!!!flow & dyno #'s are all over the place .  :shruggy:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Cooter

It's almost the same thing we have in the "Christine" world. There is ONE perticular car which we CANNOT confirm/deny is "real"..There were no "numbers" to prove anything. However, this "Gentleman" has perpetrated a lie until he has a "following" doing the same exact thing. They tend to be mods and take up for him and he has yet to lift a finger as he's considered "Royalty" by many on the site. Always the same thing when asked to PROVE his claims. Post the numbers, (VIN). Only thing he holds true to is his claim that another guy who was in the junkyard back in 1984 "Claimed/deemed" it "real" as he "remembers that car"...Hmmmm, I'm no expert by far, but I CAN GUARANTEE here, that would be laughed off this site!!!

However, there it is "Accepted" as "law"....

You say you have the actual, Real, documented "bullit" Charger? Ok, prove it. Show me Steve Mcqueen taking a dump in the front seat. Show me Steve McQueen signing the trunk lid. Show me the Movie "title". Something. As it should be with scammers today. But, there however, I have PROOF to the contrary that the car was "Built with Movie car parts" and NOT AN ACTUAL SCREEN USED Christine. Every time I ask for proof, I get shot down. Dude has charged HUGE fees for this basically IMO, "clone" to be transported all over the country. All I can do is wait until the day my proof just happens to surface on the Internet and he has to repay all that money.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

mrsskip68

What me to release "The Skip-in-ator" on em? Hes good at that!  :scope:

68 Bullitt Charger

OMG Cooter, another Person who realizes what is going on in the Christine World!!!

Can anyone imagine claiming to have a very rare and or TV/Movie Cars and never having to show proof other than word of mouth on this or a Corvette or Pontiac Club/Forum???  :shruggy: Yeah ok, never happen that Person would be laughed out of here. :yesnod:
Some of the Mopar Ride's in Stable.....
58 Pymouth Fury "Christine"
65 Ply Satellite 9.43@141 mph
58 Ply Fury "Christine"
64 40th anniv 880 Custom 383 Pwr Everything!

I'd rather be hated for the person I am, than be loved for the person I am not!!!!!!

bull

You can't make yourself crazy trying to save everyone. People have got to use good judgement in life and sometimes they've just got to learn the hard way. We've seen it here with HLPAG, various parts/car sellers, vendors, body shops, etc. As long as the warnings are out there somewhere it's really up to the individual to do some facts-digging before spending the cash. 

Has anyone complained about this guy? Are there warnings from those who have been burned? If so I think it's really up to those who read the posts to decide what's a red flag and what's not. If they see the warnings yet choose to ignore them it's really their own fault. If there are no warnings then you might feel better posting a few, but I wouldn't make it my mission in life.