News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Square or round back console/glove box locks

Started by 69hemidaytona, March 03, 2013, 06:14:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69hemidaytona

What do the console and glove box locks look like on a 69 Charger? I see many different styles. Some with round housings on the back side, and some with square housings. There are also some differences in the stainless steel sleeve that sometimes is present between the knob and the housing. While I realize that either style may work, I am wondering what would have been on the car originally. Any pictures would be much appreciated...Thanks

kab69440

I posted a pic of my NOS pair with matching trunk lock years ago, but am having some difficulty locating exactly which thread.

Correction:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,10933.msg129527.html#msg129527
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

69hemidaytona

I did see that posting. Sometimes though NOS replacement parts are different than what was installed at the factory. I was hoping to see some photos of original locks from a 1969 Charger.

kab69440

Those are what my originals look like in my 8/5?/68 St. Louis car. The car did not come with a trunk cylinder however, so when I saw a matching NOS set years ago, I snagged it.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

bull

The square locks are being reproduced, the round ones are not. That pretty much decides it for most people.