News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

alternator rebuild

Started by 4404spdcharger, March 06, 2013, 05:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4404spdcharger

My alternator's always been a bit dirty and probably hasn't seen much TLC as it should.  I carefully opened it and it needs some work.  Calling around in Ft Collins, CO, all the shops will do is check it out and if there's a problem, they just replace it.  Anyone know of a shop that has a 60's mechanic that hasn't retired yet and can work on a MOPAR alternator?  It's off a 68 Charger R/T 440.
Previous Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance

resq302

Are you looking to get it rebuilt?  If so, Dixie Restorations does phenominal work!
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto