News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

71 - 74 Bulge Hood

Started by RogerDodger, March 05, 2013, 05:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RogerDodger

These just became available from this company:

https://www.americansportscar.com/products/1971-1974-charger-power-bulge-hood-bolt

Does anyone know of any other suppliers. This is the only one I know of. Thoughts?

ACUDANUT

Whats it;s made of,  metal or plastic/fiberglass

RogerDodger

Quote from: ACUDANUT on March 05, 2013, 07:20:56 PM
Whats it;s made of,  metal or plastic/fiberglass
When I saw them at the auto fair in Charlotte a couple years ago they said they would be steel. Seems like it would be more than 37 lbs.

moparguy01

theres no way thats a steel hood at 37 pounds.VFN fiberglass makes them. I have one. Nice stuff. they weigh in around 27-30 pounds, and after installing both, the steel has got to be twice as heavy.

E5 Charger

The home page of their website says they make fiberglass parts. I'm sure it's glass or they would advertise the fact that is was steel.

71charger_fan

Photos on the website leave a lot to be desired. I wonder if it's fiberglass bonded to a steel structure

AKcharger

:popcrn:

Hmmm wonder if there's enough afermarket parts to turn that thar thing into an air grabber?

RogerDodger

I did confirm it is a fiberglass hood. They are bringing one to the Charlotte Auto Fair next month for me. I'll let you know what it looks like.

71charger_fan

I'd consider one if they're nice. I could finally get rid of my hood pins and by selling my steel bulge hood I'd probably more than break even.

PlumCrazy71Charger

Wish I could find a steel power bulge hood for my 71 Charger!!

ACUDANUT

Listing your State would help other close to you find one.  I noticed you opted out on that. Big secret huh  :shruggy:

PlumCrazy71Charger

Nah, not a secret, just didn't realize how helpful it might be if I had listed it. It is now listed in my profile now.

71charger_fan

I just emailed the company to see if I could get some better photos since the ones on the website aren't very good.

RogerDodger

Quote from: 71charger_fan on May 24, 2013, 11:41:32 AM
I just emailed the company to see if I could get some better photos since the ones on the website aren't very good.

I bought one from them in Charlotte last month. Very good quality. I don't have it on the car yet but from laying it over my hood it looks like it will fit good. I'll update after I get it on the car.

71charger_fan

I never heard back from the manufacturer. Apparently, business is good enough they can ignore a potential sale. Screw them, I'll just keep my steel hood.