News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

505 stroker breaking in????

Started by ozchargerguy, March 22, 2013, 02:22:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozchargerguy

hi guys iv got 505 stroker from muscle motors still havent started it or put it in as yet....
its been dynoed tho when i put it in do i need to break it in more?
what oil should i use do i use break in oil again or just use normal oil?????
any opinions guys????

XH29N0G

My guess is that if thsy did the dyno, that it was put through an initial break in, but I am interested to see what others say.  I just had an engine built by them, and am in the same situation.   :popcrn:
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

heyoldguy

Golly, if Muscle Motors built the engine, why not ask Muscle Motors?

ozchargerguy

Quote from: XH29N0G on March 22, 2013, 06:10:51 AM
My guess is that if thsy did the dyno, that it was put through an initial break in, but I am interested to see what others say.  I just had an engine built by them, and am in the same situation.   :popcrn:
What engine did you get of these guys

XH29N0G

Quote from: ozchargerguy on March 22, 2013, 02:25:11 PM
Quote from: XH29N0G on March 22, 2013, 06:10:51 AM
What engine did you get of these guys

I asked them to rebuild my 383 with a 3.90 inch stroke crank.  The car is also being restored and should be ready in a few weeks.  I'll post pix when I get it.  They told me that they broke it in as part of the dyno procedures. 
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

1970Moparmann

If it was dyno'd, beat on it.  Good to go.  Some shops will say to drive it hard after a dyno.
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

ozchargerguy

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on March 22, 2013, 06:32:34 PM
If it was dyno'd, beat on it.  Good to go.  Some shops will say to drive it hard after a dyno.
So u what oil u going use...
Pics would be nice :) were u happy with the dyno runs...
Iv had motor for yr now still havnt put it in :(
(money) well hopefully soon....
I'm happy with power it made 770hp 667fpt :)

firefighter3931

That engine is broken in. Once it's loaded against the dyno the rings will seat very quickly and i'm sure MM ran the engine up for 15-20 minutes prior to any power pulls.  :yesnod:

Brad Penn for the oil and Wix for the filter  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

ozchargerguy