News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Limited Edition Lambo.

Started by JB400, March 05, 2013, 02:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB400

From Yahoo:
Of all the world's supercar makers, none stretch the idea of an ultimate sports machine quite so far as Lamborghini. For its 50th anniversary, the Italian automaker has created its most bizarre car yet: Meet the Veneno, a $4 million alien craft that will be assembled for only three buyers who've already put down their deposits — and being sold out before it goes into production is only a hint of the Veneno's speed.

Built from the Aventador chassis, Lamborghini says the Veneno was designed to come as close as possible to a Le Mans-quality race car that's still usable on public roads. Power comes from a 740-hp version of the Aventador's 6.5-liter V-12 linked to a 7-speed automated manual transmission and permanent all-wheel-drive, good for a top speed of 220 mph and 60 mph in less than three seconds.

Named for a Spanish fighting bull that killed a toreador in 1914, the Veneno uses carbon fiber everywhere, from the tweaked Avendator chassis to the body and interior controls. Even the wheels wear a carbon fiber ring that Lamborghini claims acts like a vortex to shunt air toward the brakes for cooling.

The three copies of the monster from Sant'Agata Bolognese that Lamborghini plans to build will have red, white, or green touches to match the Italian flag; technically, there will be four copies including the test model Lamborghini plans to hold onto. With two of the buyers hailing from the United States, the Veneno will soon enter the rarefied realm of personalized exotic cars

JB400

Too bad I will probably never see one in real life.  Still cool none the less.  Who wants to bet Leno has one of the 2 for the US?   :drool5: :drool5:  At least it makes for a cool poster :coolgleamA:

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

68X426

It'll be a bitch to start.

Each time you need 1.21 gigawatts from a bolt of lightning to power the Lambo's flux capacitor. Not practical for my everyday use.  :down:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

BY RSCO

Wonder if the doors are welded shut?? sorry, somebody had to do it... :laugh:

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

chargerman69

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

mauve66

lambos are so much cooler than ferrari's.  plus, look its a wing car, shouldn't a mod move this to the AERO section...................................... :stirthepot:

i was wondering about Batmobile also
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

bill440rt

Quote from: odcics2 on March 05, 2013, 04:39:44 PM
The new Batmobile??    :2thumbs:

The first thing that popped into my head!
Actually, it's a pretty sick looking car. And I'm not even that wild about these "exotics".
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

69rtse4spd

projectanimal

This looks wicked!  Would be awesome if they entered this into the American Le Mans series!! 
Last year I was in London and was able to see a Reveton and Aventador up close......WOW.. Pictures don't do them justice!  Or the sound of them flying down the street.  Thankfully the owners enjoyed the long pedal too!!   :2thumbs:
northwest CT

Aero426

It looks like some kind of utility tool or high tech drywall knife.    Bob Lutz would probably call it an angry kitchen appliance.

TruckDriver

I never liked Lambo's at all. I think they are all ugly, specially this one :P
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

BY RSCO

for $4 million, I would venture to say that I could build a car that would out perform it in every aspect, by a long long shot, plus: a house, garage, several other cars, vacation home, boat, a couple extra girlfriends --- well, you get the idea. Kind of like the Nissan GTR that a co-worker owns who thinks it is the unstoppable holy grail (though it ONLY costs 105k now) - Impressive performance, until you see the price tag. So much more can be had for so much less money.

71green go

I think its awesome....would love to drive that around town :) ....looks really fast just sitting there.

Cooter

One can almost tell wwho the younger generation of fans are by the responses. Only thing IMO, that car has going for it is it is high dollar.

Too many lines and break ups. Not my style. From the side looks like soeone kicked it in the ass. Gimme some kind of curves.

But, none the less, a high dollar car I'll never see the inside of.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

mauve66

Quote from: Cooter on March 06, 2013, 05:41:10 PM
One can almost tell wwho the younger generation of fans are by the responses. Only thing IMO, that car has going for it is it is high dollar.

Too many lines and break ups. Not my style. From the side looks like soeone kicked it in the ass. Gimme some kind of curves.

you never know Cooter, they might bring it by asking what that weird noise is and need you to tell them its the cash register for the tune-up charge :2thumbs:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Fred

If you hit a pedestrian with that........you'll spear him for sure.  :eek2:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Cooter

Quote from: mauve66 on March 06, 2013, 06:42:28 PM
Quote from: Cooter on March 06, 2013, 05:41:10 PM

you never know Cooter, they might bring it by asking what that weird noise is and need you to tell them its the cash register for the tune-up charge :2thumbs:

Fortunately, no..Thank goodness. Bad enough with those POS German made Vw's...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

1974dodgecharger

seems the design was inspired from the Japanese people.