News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

reproduction low-back bucket seat foam question

Started by Mike DC, March 04, 2013, 12:02:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike DC

Between Legendary and Goodmark's websites, I see a total of 3 different foam sets for '68/69 buckets.  

Legendary has two foam sets for this app, one with a groove down the middle and another with a pair of grooves.  Goodmark shows a pic of a foam set with lighter grooving that doesn't look like either of the Legendary sets.    

I would be surprised if there were really two different foam sets being made for a single application, let alone 3.  The repro industry just doesn't work that way.  It's practically always the same stuff being sold by multiple sources. 

Any thoughts on what's going on here?  I'm trying to figure out what is right for a '69 Charger.    

Dino

Could it be that the one with the groove down the middle is to accommodate the 69 cover and the other is for a 68 that only has the pleats?  No clue why there's a third option though.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Mike DC

That is what I was thinking.

I'm inclined to just get the Legendary set.  Legendary is known for being the best at what they do and Goodmark is not. 

Dino

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on March 04, 2013, 04:46:15 PM
That is what I was thinking.

I'm inclined to just get the Legendary set.  Legendary is known for being the best at what they do and Goodmark is not. 

I would have to agree with that statement.   :yesnod:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

jaak

I bought the legendary set, nice foam, but it doesn't have the groove in it like the original seat foam does.

Jason

twenty mike mike

Anyone have an opinion about the OER brand foam that Classic sells?