News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Repro window stickers

Started by Mytur Binsdirti, March 03, 2013, 06:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mytur Binsdirti

I checked with ECS & they will only duplicate an original window sticker. As far as Tripple A; the only way to get in contact with them is via email & they just don't respond.

So, is there anyone else who will repro one?

RJS

Just got mine from Triple A the other day. I've used them before and they were good to deal with but this time they were unresponsive and I thought about calling my credit card company to cancel.
All turned out good but I put a few questions in the comments section expecting someone to contact me but nope!
I emailed them a couple of times, no response, I contacted though their site, no response and even tried to find a good phone # for them and found what I thought was it and left a message, no response. In the end a sheet showed up and all is well but they have no customer service at all.

Ordered on 2/2 and received on 3/1/13 so it did work out in the end.
Ron

Mytur Binsdirti

Thanks for the info. Do you have a phone number for them?

68X426

They don't do anything by phone. None available, only email.

I'm not aware of any other providers.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

moparjohn

unrealated but relavent, I'm so sick of companies that don't answer/have phones.  Do they want business or not? John.
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

RJS

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on March 04, 2013, 07:23:36 AM
Thanks for the info. Do you have a phone number for them?

Did it by email and their site.
I looked up a # and left a message but wasn't sure if it was them or a company by same name.
They have a fax #.also.
Google them and you'll get the info.
They don't give a phone # on the site. That should tell us right there they not big talkers!!!

Mytur Binsdirti

Well, 3 emails & 1 fax have been sent over the past 3 weeks and still no response. What a way to run a business.  ::)

1970Moparmann

How much is it to have one made?  I would take it they need a build sheet to go off of?
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on March 20, 2013, 07:07:08 PM
How much is it to have one made?  I would take it they need a build sheet to go off of?

I have no idea what it costs, but whatever it is, I'd pay it. I do have the build sheet for my car, so one would think that it would be a piece of cake.

moparstuart

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on March 20, 2013, 07:30:18 PM

I have no idea what it costs, but whatever it is, I'd pay it. I do have the build sheet for my car, so one would think that it would be a piece of cake.
Daves been running around here all week just ask him
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

ODZKing

I had the same issue with Triple A (unresponsive) and finally gave up. I ended up making my own for the 67 from a friend who had one similar to mine, photo shop and other window stickers. Graphics were pretty easy to find but the 73 is a little more complex.
Doesn't really matter at this point because 71-74 Charger on their site comes up "No products found matching the search criteria".

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: moparstuart on March 20, 2013, 08:24:05 PM

Daves been running around here all week just ask him

I did during a phone conversation several weeks ago. He stated that he will only make me a new window sticker if I have an old one as a guide.  :shruggy:

472 R/T SE

It's too bad that a few customers got their panties twisted up & ruined it for the rest of us.   :rotz:

Just 6T9 CHGR

When I got mine it was $25 plus $2 to laminate it.....that was 10 years ago though sorry
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

RJS

Prices are on Triple A's site. It seems the only way they do business is you fill out their sheet and pay the money. About 4 weeks later a window sticker arrives at your house.
Can't be any easier than that!!! :cheers:  Or anymore frustrating then that!! :brickwall:  They are not people persons!! :slap:

Their product is all we have nowadays so I guess they call the shots. :2thumbs:

ECS

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on March 21, 2013, 04:40:04 AM
I did during a phone conversation several weeks ago. He stated that he will only make me a new window sticker if I have an old one as a guide.  :shruggy:

We used to make these from any information that a Customer would provide.  (Fender tag, Broadcast Sheet, original copy, etc.....)  One of the reasons we stopped was due to the lack of data that could not be provided by the Customer.  Certain information is crucial to correctly making the product however.  The "competition" doesn't include this information on their product.  Zone codes, Dealer codes, routing codes, selling Dealership, etc..... cannot be found anywhere but the actual Window Sticker.  You can't find it on the Broadcast Sheet.  An invoice can be used but many Customers do not have that paperwork.

Even with a Broadcast Sheet, the codes have to be converted.  The codes spelled out on the Broadcast Sheet are not the same as the Monroney Label.  We would manufacture these items and 50% of the time, we would be called back by the Customer and told that they  found additional codes or data that they needed us to add.  There was no way I was going to re-charge the Customer for these additions (even though we had to completely have them re-printed) so we decided to take them off of our website.  If a Customer has all of the required information, we will still make one for them.  An original Window Sticker is about the only way to take all the guess work out of the equation.
TIME WILL INEVITABLY UNCOVER DISHONESTY AND LIES!

ODZKing

Quote from: ECS on March 21, 2013, 11:00:43 AM

We used to make these from any information that a Customer would provide.  (Fender tag, Broadcast Sheet, original copy, etc.....)  One of the reasons we stopped was due to the lack of data that could not be provided by the Customer.  Certain information is crucial to correctly making the product however.  The "competition" doesn't include this information on their product.  Zone codes, Dealer codes, routing codes, selling Dealership, etc..... cannot be found anywhere but the actual Window Sticker.  You can find it on the Broadcast Sheet.  An invoice can be used but many Customers do not have that paperwork.

Even with a Broadcast Sheet, the codes have to be converted.  The codes spelled out on the Broadcast Sheet are not the same as the Monroney Label.  We would manufacture these items and 50% of the time, we would be called back by the Customer and told that they  found additional codes or data that they needed us to add.  There was no way I was going to re-charge the Customer for these additions (even though we had to completely have them re-printed) so we decided to take them off of our website.  If a Customer has all of the required information, we will still make one for them.  An original Window Sticker is about the only way to take all the guess work out of the equation.
So let me be sure I'm clear on this.  I have a 73 with a build sheet, door sticker (which you beautifully reproduced a while back, thank you), fender tag and vin as well as knowing the car was shipped to California because it had all the California emmissions stickers still on it ... you WILL do a window sticker from that?

ECS

Quote from: ODZKing on March 21, 2013, 11:45:05 AM
So let me be sure I'm clear on this.  I have a 73 with a build sheet, door sticker (which you beautifully reproduced a while back, thank you), fender tag and vin as well as knowing the car was shipped to California because it had all the California emmissions stickers still on it ... you WILL do a window sticker from that?

Hi ODZKing,
We do not have the 1973 formatted Window Stickers.  The only ones we reproduced were the 1969 thru 1971 issues.  To answer the specifics you asked about, you would still have to know the Dealership and Dealership address, the Dealer Zone Code & Routing code from the plant it was built at.  We have a large database of Dealerships from all across the Country and some people who did not know where their car was originally sold, used one of the Dealers from our database.  We have all of the correct Dealership information for those that are in our database. 

Another thing to remember is that there were as many as 3 price changes throughout any given model year.  The time of year your vehicle was built would affect the bottom line pricing on the window sticker.  We have those changes in our database from 1969-1971.  These are just a few of the difficulties in providing a correct Window Sticker.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: ECS on March 21, 2013, 12:07:57 PM
Quote from: ODZKing on March 21, 2013, 11:45:05 AM

Hi ODZKing,
We do not have the 1973 formatted Window Stickers.  The only ones we reproduced were the 1969 thru 1971 issues.  To answer the specifics you asked about, you would still have to know the Dealership and Dealership address, the Dealer Zone Code & Routing code from the plant it was built at.  We have a large database of Dealerships from all across the Country and some people who did not know where their car was originally sold, used one of the Dealers from our database.  We have all of the correct Dealership information for those that are in our database. 

Another thing to remember is that there were as many as 3 price changes throughout any given model year.  The time of year your vehicle was built would affect the bottom line pricing on the window sticker.  We have those changes in our database from 1969-1971.  These are just a few of the difficulties in providing a correct Window Sticker.

Dave:

Thanks for addressing this topic. My car is a '68 Hemi Charger & I do have the fender tag & the braodcast sheet (that is completely ledgible),  and I do know the name of the dealership where the car was originally sold from in 1968. The car even has the original (non-rusted) floor pans covered by very nice carpeting that I purchased from you.  ;)

This all being said, being the GREAT guy that you are, is this something that you can make or not?

ECS

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on March 21, 2013, 12:34:26 PM
This all being said, being the GREAT guy that you are, is this something that you can make or not?

I am sorry to say that we do not have the 68 version but when I get back to the office next week, I promise to look at an original to see if that is an area I can expand to.  The only problem will be trying to find the correct verbiage that was used for 1968 models regarding the options listed on the original examples.  It took quite a few months to build our current data base for the way Chrysler listed their options on the 1969-1971 Monroney labels.  Even the same option for different vehicles could have a different sequence/order of words in their description.  I have no idea why they did this since the numeric option codes were identical.  I will keep you posted.

hemigeno

(Dave beat me to the reply button)

If I'm not mistaken, I think the 1968 Dodge Monroney Label format is totally different than '69 - which I know Dave has available along with the '70-1 Dodge & Plymouth stuff.  So, creating an accurate '68 window sticker blank form from scratch is a major (read: expensive) undertaking.  Just as important though is the Sales Code nomenclature and formatting which is also totally different from 1969.  If you had a bunch of '68 original sheets for reference and to compare sales codes or variations thereof during different 1968 model year time periods, it could probably be done... but the first one is by far the most cost-prohibitive to make.  

I've seen the process ECS goes through when these window stickers are created.  Just like the VIN decals, it's extremely labor-intensive - and that's even when all the research has already been done and the complete label information is ready for input.

IMHO there's a reason Dave doesn't market these types of offerings more heavily - that'd be a good way to go broke.

:Twocents:

Mytur Binsdirti

68X426

Quote from: hemigeno on March 21, 2013, 01:15:41 PM
 If you had a bunch of '68 original sheets for reference and to compare sales codes or variations thereof during different 1968 model year time periods, it could probably be done

I believe that is what Triple A will state that they accomplished, not just for Mopars, but GM, etc., and for all years.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

hemigeno

Quote from: 68X426 on March 21, 2013, 01:49:11 PM
Quote from: hemigeno on March 21, 2013, 01:15:41 PM
 If you had a bunch of '68 original sheets for reference and to compare sales codes or variations thereof during different 1968 model year time periods, it could probably be done

I believe that is what Triple A will state that they accomplished, not just for Mopars, but GM, etc., and for all years.

If their '68 window stickers are similar to their '69s, I wouldn't waste my money.  Chock full of errors (but I'm admittedly pretty picky) even if they do look nice.

ODZKing

Quote from: ECS on March 21, 2013, 12:07:57 PM
Hi ODZKing,

Thank You for your quick reply.  I have sent you a PM.