News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mopar Muscle Magazine...

Started by Daytona R/T SE, January 09, 2013, 05:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G-man

I dont see the problem.

I pay more than that per month just to have internet.

What the hell is 44 dollars for 12 monhs?

Less than 4 dollars per copy... thats cheaper than magazines here that cost near 10 dollars for 1. Times that by 12 and ur at 120 dollars.

wingcar

Checkout "Chrysler Power".....a bit of everything, both new and old.
(They will be available at many Barnes and Noble book stores starting with the next issue)
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: G-man on February 26, 2013, 05:24:09 AM
I dont see the problem.

Less than 4 dollars per copy... thats cheaper than magazines here that cost near 10 dollars for 1. Times that by 12 and ur at 120 dollars.

Yeah, but this magazine has rendered itself useless to me.

How many engine dyno runs do we need to see each month?

My latest issue, I flipped through in 7 minutes and in the trash it went.

I don't mind spending a little extra, if it's something I'm

interested in,but I wouldn't doubt that pretty soon they're

going to do a feature on that Randy guy's latest bowel

movement.

Can't wait to see the dyno numbers on that. ::)

After 20+ years...

I'm done.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: wingcar on February 26, 2013, 11:45:58 AM
Checkout "Chrysler Power".....a bit of everything, both new and old.
(They will be available at many Barnes and Noble book stores starting with the next issue)

I used to get that one YEARS ago...

I got tired of all the Jesus stuff.

No thanks.

mauve66

i always waited till the show to get it at 20-25 bucks and a free t-shirt, last year i didn't even bother, looking at the mags and going to shows just makes me depressed about mine so why bother reading or going to the shows anymore?
besides you folks got better  cars and ideas than any mag i've read, i just wish you were better looking your selves....................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Fred

Quote from: polywideblock on January 10, 2013, 12:14:18 PM
both mopar muscle and mopar action are 12.00 here on east coast supply is sketchy at best. i subscribe! :2thumbs:

That's exactly why I subscribed to them all. But I've stopped. I look at them on line instead.  I used to save them all and had mountains of them taking up way to much shelf space. With the exception of one or two, I finally tossed them all.

Had my Cuda featured in one of them a few years back.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

HeavyFuel

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on February 26, 2013, 07:12:23 PM
Quote from: G-man on February 26, 2013, 05:24:09 AM
I dont see the problem.

Yeah, but this magazine has rendered itself useless to me.

How many engine dyno runs do we need to see each month?

My latest issue, I flipped through in 7 minutes and in the trash it went.

I don't mind spending a little extra, if it's something I'm

interested in,but I wouldn't doubt that pretty soon they're

going to do a feature on that Randy guy's latest bowel

movement.

Can't wait to see the dyno numbers on that. ::)

After 20+ years...

I'm done.

Totally agree.

I used to get 'em all, save 'em all.  The first to go was MCG.  Now the MM will stop after the current sub is up, and it goes straight into the trash after I glance through it.

MA was great this month....lots of variety, good tech......I read it just about cover to cover.

Has anybody gotten the tech articles from MA on CD?  It can be purchased from them, and I wonder if it's any good.

TUFCAT

Richard Ehrenberg is a smart cookie!  :yesnod:

MA's tech articles explain things for the average hobbiest (like me) to understand.  

I'm a far cry from a certified mechanic.... but I have E-booger on my side. :ricky:

Daytona R/T SE

Yep, I'm gonna keep shellin' out the coin for the E-booger. :2thumbs:

greenpigs

I did get the latest issue of Mopar Action because of the drum brake upgrade/ rebuild. The info might be on line but I like the pictures & trust E booger to not print tech that is crap.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

4404spdcharger

I agree totally with you guys.  I have issues back to 1994 and occasionally go back and look at them.  I use them for the great DIY articles.  I also look at the owners' cars to check out engine bay details and such.  But now the whole issue is about another freakin Amsoil dyno or rebuild by people who do this as a business so how can I identify with that?  I'm sick of it.  I quit a couple years ago.  MCR is a good mag and gives fair coverage of MOPARS.  Too bad, ever since they changed the format and cover of MM, it went in the crapper.  That's why I keep a couple issues near the toilet in case I run out of sh#* tickets.
Previous Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance

XS29L

Gave up on Mopar Muscle a long time ago. Still get MCG mostly for the ads. I've been getting Mopar Action since the first issue ( still have it) and I always will , the best tech in print. I've seen some of the cars and the Dakota they have built, racing at Lebanon Valley Dragway. They are the real deal !!     :2thumbs:
MOPAR OR NO CAR !!

greenpigs

Plus Brian gets a paycheck from them sometimes.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Sublime/Sixpack

I've been a long time subscriber of Mopar Muscle but recently let my subscription lapse for a couple reasons. First, the magazine no longer appeals to me, THEN, they wanted more money to extend my subscription than ANY other magazine I currently take.  That just rubbed me wrong!
I figure their prices should be in line with other Car magazines.
Maybe they'll get the message when they realize long time subscribers can live without what they're trying to peddle.

The only reason I still subscribe to Mopar Action is for the TECH info. They're a strange bunch over there but the Tech is good!

1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak