News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

headliner sail panels?

Started by carsud2638, March 01, 2013, 08:00:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carsud2638

trying to put 69 charger together that someone else tore apart.I have new headliner but it came with 2 triangle pieces of material that appear to be used for covering sail panels plus the headliner material stop about 3 inches into the rear window.I have 6 rods plustwo short ones in the sail panel area. Do some chargers have separate sailpanels and some have the headliner all in one piece?

jaak

The headliner I bought for my 69 was like that, it had a large piece to cover the roof, then 2 pieces for covering the sail panel boards. It was a PUI headliner. The car originally had a one piece headliner, with the sail panels sewn onto the roof part. I've seen others on here that have ones like mine. It turned out nice, but I wished now, I bought the one piece one. I plan on buying one for my 68.

Jason

Mopar Nut

Where do you get the one piece headliner? I have the same as yours and was thinking of having it sewn.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

oestermarken

Quote from: Mopar Nut on March 03, 2013, 12:38:07 AM
Where do you get the one piece headliner? I have the same as yours and was thinking of having it sewn.

www.legendaryautointeriors.com

/Brian
69 383 4bbl
White Hat Special
Light Bronze Metallic

carsud2638

I got busy satarday and sewed a loop on for the small rod in back and the pieces together. Seemed to work ok .I put it in kind of ruff yesterday afternoon to strech out some of the wrinkles. Seems to be going to work. I didn't have the three long rods either so I made some. Hard to do when you don't know the correct length or bend but I think they are close . The guys on ebay are really proud of these judging from the prices. Hard to put a car together when you didn't take it apart or do one before. Only short a few pieces and not to many left over. Still need one of the double rollers for quarter window. Don't want to buy a set as I only need one.

Dmichels

I think I have your double rollar for the 1/4 window. Got a pic
Dave
68 440 4 speed 4.10

carsud2638