News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Duncan Motorsports?

Started by 1BAD68, February 19, 2013, 09:25:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1BAD68

Is this place closed up?
I emailed them but haven't had any response.

http://www.duncan-motor-sports.com/index.html

Just 6T9 CHGR

I hope not.  I was Tom's test mule for the reverse pattern Shift-R-Gate

http://www.duncan-motor-sports.com/8.html
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

JB400

68X426

Quote from: 1BAD68 on February 19, 2013, 09:25:28 AM
Is this place closed up?
I emailed them but haven't had any response.

http://www.duncan-motor-sports.com/index.html

Try the old telephone method:  732-388-7454

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

1BAD68

I talked to someone on the phone there and they said they are still around so I ordered the shift r arm and shift r gate.
Hopefully I should get it this coming week.

Ghoste

I have a shift r gate in the 67 and once you get used to it, its actually pretty useful.

JB400

How hard was it to actually get use to?  I've been reading on other forums that they ended up switching back to stock.

Ghoste

Personally I didn't find it all that hard but I have a buddy who hates driving that car because of it so it likely just comes down to personal preference.  Like a lot of things too, its probably just the ones who don't like it that bitch about and the ones who like it never say uch.

moparstuart

i loved it , i had it in the birdible untill just recently changing over to a manual tranny
  it took a while to get used to just because its different and you have to break the shifter in to slide easy but i loved it once i reprogrammed my brain to the different style of it .
It confuses people who are not used to it so my buddies didnt like it either .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

JB400

It seems like a nice deterant to keep buddies and family from wanting to drive your car.  I haven't made up my mind whether or not to go with the regular unit, or get the reverse shift.  I know Chris enjoys his reverse shift.  Dunno if I want to be shifting all the time with the reverse though.

Ghoste

I don't know that I would want a manual reverse valve body for the street either.  Thats jsut me though.

1BAD68

My Shift R Gate and Shift R Arm came yesterday, I had a chance to put it all together on my work bench and then clamped the whole thing in the vice and tried it out.
I've read a lot of threads about it being stiff and notchy and basically not shifting properly until you filed it down and used a bunch of grease.
I put it together according to directions and it works fine (this is bench testing only) haven't noticed any binding or notchiness.
Hoping to have some time tomorrow to install it and see how it works but so far so good

JB400

Musicman

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Ghoste on February 23, 2013, 06:30:39 PM
I don't know that I would want a manual reverse valve body for the street either.  Thats jsut me though.

What?  Its the best ever!!  LOL  
:drive:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 1BAD68 on March 01, 2013, 08:36:42 PM
My Shift R Gate and Shift R Arm came yesterday, I had a chance to put it all together on my work bench and then clamped the whole thing in the vice and tried it out.
I've read a lot of threads about it being stiff and notchy and basically not shifting properly until you filed it down and used a bunch of grease.
I put it together according to directions and it works fine (this is bench testing only) haven't noticed any binding or notchiness.
Hoping to have some time tomorrow to install it and see how it works but so far so good
Never had to file mine down or use extra grease at all...these are laser cut & work fine for me right out of the box (after the intital test runs of the prototype for the reverse pattern etc)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T