News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

can you buy one set of rings?

Started by DoubleDlover, February 28, 2013, 12:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoubleDlover

i have a 440 superbird. I have a new set of rings for it. .30 over 440. But i only have 7 sets. So i need just one set of rings for one piston. Does anyone know where i can just get one set for one piston? thanks

JB400

DoubleDlover

did you see the huge responce i got to that question?? Maybe sometimes people think they have nothing to loose trying something a little different like asking the question in a different spot. Its not like i plastered hundreds of posts in every spot on here. Just thought someone out there might be able to help a little. So thank you for your help. :)

70Sbird

yes you can
I broke a ring installing it a few months back and bought a replacement single set from the local auto parts store, was drop shipped to me from Federal-Mogul

Scott Faulkner

DoubleDlover

sbird. Thanks for the tip. I just went to my local parts store and they said they couldnt help me. So im wondering if i have to call fedaral mogul myself? Or maybe try another parts store. How long ago did you say this happend? thanks for the help

DoubleDlover

well damm. I just called federal mogul and they told me i cant buy just one set for one piston.. damm...

resq302

Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

70Sbird

Quote from: DoubleDlover on February 28, 2013, 04:51:54 PM
well damm. I just called federal mogul and they told me i cant buy just one set for one piston.. damm...

I ordered mine through Oreilly Auto parts:
here is the link to 440 ring sets:
.030 oversize 440 single cylinder set part number WE424K30 - $22.99

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/search.oap?keyword=piston+rings+-+premium&year=1973&make=Dodge&model=Charger&vi=1079490

Scott Faulkner

DoubleDlover

hey hter.e damm. I just called hastings and they were happy to sell me a single set. And yes that parts store has them also. LOl damm. Now i have to decide who to order from.. See its amazing. I post it in one section.. And i got nothing.. I post it here and BAMM!!!!!  More help then i know what to do with!!!. I know your not suppose to do that. But look at the help i got. And i beleave thats part of why this is here. thanks again everyone. r