News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

anyone have a 2012 / 13 new V6 Charger ?

Started by GOTWING, February 14, 2013, 11:56:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOTWING

I think the wife and i are going to buy a new left over 2012 Charger V6 to replace our current family car, :scratchchin: our 05 Chrysler 300C 5.7 hemi with 125,000 miles,at first i was like no way i'm staying with the R/T 5.7 hemi for the Charger, man the new V6 has plenty of power for my wife to drive back and forth to school ! i was impressed with it's power for a V6, and 31 mpg. hwy. anyone out there have one? like it?
they have a $3000 rebate , selling at invoice, throw ours on E-bay and cash out.

:popcrn:

odcics2

Guy at work gets 34-5 on the highway at 70.  He loves it.
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

marshallfry01

My girlfriend has a brand new v6 challenger. She gets 31 mpg when it's on a trip  :cheers:
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

tims68charger

i bought a new 12 charger rt awd,i average 19-21 mpg.2 weeks later my son in law bought a 12 charger awd with the 6 in it.he gets 1 more mpg than my hemi.i think for a 1 mi a gallon i have alot more fun.

UH60L

If you have to buy a new dodge, buy a challenger.  I don't know about the v6 option, haven't driven one, but my 5.7 R/T get as high as 35 MPG on the highway. (Salem Oregon to Madras Oregon on just under a quarter tank!)

Not nearly as much in town, but with the cylinder deactivation, it really does pretty well for a V-8 car, plus it actually looks the part.....   ;)

GOTWING

UH60L , we have a 2010 Challenger R/T  :lol: in plum crazy we bought brand new, :nana: this is for my wifes drive it to work an hour one way with 3 kids riding in the back ! We have not done anything just yet. It has been stressfull watching our 300C go down hill with the daily dealings and beatings of being a daily driver, :eek2: no ,matter how well I try to take care of it , coffee,goldfish crakers,crayons,parking lot marks and dings etc etc.  Hmmm, maybe a mini van  :scratchchin:

winghawg

i just bought a 2013 3.6 vvt challenger i love it. it is white in color. plenty of power.and 30 31 mpg not bad either.and a cheap price. i like the style of the newest charger.but mt first car was a 70 plum crazy challenger rt. had to have a new challenger.just my 2 cents

UH60L

Quote from: GOTWING on February 25, 2013, 06:25:45 AM
UH60L , we have a 2010 Challenger R/T  :lol: in plum crazy we bought brand new, :nana: this is for my wifes drive it to work an hour one way with 3 kids riding in the back ! We have not done anything just yet. It has been stressfull watching our 300C go down hill with the daily dealings and beatings of being a daily driver, :eek2: no ,matter how well I try to take care of it , coffee,goldfish crakers,crayons,parking lot marks and dings etc etc.  Hmmm, maybe a mini van  :scratchchin:

Our 2011 is our only car right now, daily driver, grocery getter, work car.  The first night we had it (brand new) parked it at Home Depot for 10 minutes, came out and had a door ding (fixed $75.00.....).   So, now when I go anywhere like that, I park over half way out and take up two parking spots.  Had a couple get out of the car 1.5 spots away from the challenger as I was walking back to my car at Winco.  The woman said to the guy, "some people need to learn how to park" pointing at my car, so I said right to them both, "when people learn hwo to open their car doors without damaging my car, I'll learn how to park, unless your willing to pay for the repairs".

You just have the deal with it if it's all you got.  I'd rather not drive ours in the winter at all, it's blackberry pearl (dark blue) and very hard to keep clean.  I drove my '69 charger as a daily driver for over 3 years after first buying it.  We had another car, but my wife drove that to work and I drove the charger.  If we went anywhere as a family, unless if was absolutely horrible weather, we took the charger.

GOTWING

your challenger is very nice :2thumbs: i like the T/A hood.

Lord Warlock

I've got a 2010 challenger r/t also, very nice ride, it tends to average 22 to 26mpg on the highway, it would probably get better if i could stay below 70mph for a whole tank.  The six gets slightly better mileage but takes a hit on performance. 

69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

thedodgeboys

My son in law has a 12 black top addition and loves it. It gets great milage and runs pretty darn good.

Enjoy  :cheers:

68X426

Gotwing, I drove a rental 300 for a week with the V6. Assuming it's the same motor you are looking at (the VTT technology) I was very impressed. It will never compare to the Hemi, but that V6 has guts, and nice mpg. After a week of general hot-rodding the 300, I turned it in with a 32 mpg figure. I was expecting 23-25 and was shocked. So I give the motor a top grade, A+.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

UH60L

Quote from: GOTWING on February 26, 2013, 09:12:00 AM
your challenger is very nice :2thumbs: i like the T/A hood.

Thanks, we lucked out I guess, it was all done up that way from the factory.  Haven't seen another one exactly like ours running around yet. Has the appearance package (icludes the hood, stripes, and spoiler etc etc) and the super track pack.  The scoop isn't functional, but mopar sells the kit to connect it to the intake, I just have to save up some money, which is kinda tight right now. 

UH60L

Quote from: Lord Warlock on February 26, 2013, 04:34:09 PM
I've got a 2010 challenger r/t also, very nice ride, it tends to average 22 to 26mpg on the highway, it would probably get better if i could stay below 70mph for a whole tank.  The six gets slightly better mileage but takes a hit on performance. 

I hear that.  It's hard not to have a little fun in these cars.  Almost exactly 12 months after buying ours......I needed a new set of tires! 

Lord Warlock

Yep,  yours is the external appearance package (scoop, stripe, pedestal spoiler) Mine has the underhood functional ram air kit already installed. It was a little more than i wanted to spend for the kit, but it looks better than the one i made myself before it was available, so i put it in.  I had to cut the holes in the hood myself, in 2010 they weren't functional yet. 

I still have plenty of tread left on mine, they are just starting to spin a bit on wet roads, which makes me think i'll have to watch out for the tread, or rotate the tires.  I've had mine for almost three years now, very satisfied with the car.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

UH60L

Yeah, I had ours backed into the driveway last summer, and when I walked out to get in it, I thought I had chewing gumstuck to the left rear tire, btu when I looked at it closer, it was the cords/belt material showing through ina spot about 5 inches long, yikes!  Got new tires the next weekend.

Our hood already has the holes cut out, I guess 2011 was the first year they came that way.  Last time I checked, the kit was around $450.00, but you also have to do the cold air intake conversion too (or so I am told), and that's a whole other kit.  Someone also mentioned having to adjust the coolant tank or the wiper squirter tank, because the cold air kit would interfear with it.

Oh well, even if I have to wait awhile, the car runs great as is.  I had never dragged raced in my entire life, until taking the challenger to the track in Woodburn Oregon last year.  Even with my crappy take offs from the line, and a fully stock car, I hit 101.3 MPH at 13.99 seconds.  Now I wish I had tried it when I was younger, I grew up 15 minutes from the track.   :2thumbs: