News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

More Bullitt footage......

Started by Polygon, February 28, 2013, 11:06:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polygon

www.lostinspaceforum.com

If you like the old TV show, Lost In Space, check out my page

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

projectanimal

northwest CT

Polygon

From an NBC news report, I sure would love to see the whole 8mm film.
www.lostinspaceforum.com

If you like the old TV show, Lost In Space, check out my page

projectanimal

Also like in their footage how you see the stunt car jump and turn right away before they light up the explosives!! Cool shot
northwest CT

Drache

Is it just me or did I spot a car that was nothing more than a frame, roll cage, wheels, and '68 Charger tail panel at the 1:22/1:23 mark?  :shruggy:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

TruckDriver

Quote from: Drache on February 28, 2013, 12:51:03 PM
Is it just me or did I spot a car that was nothing more than a frame, roll cage, wheels, and '68 Charger tail panel at the 1:22/1:23 mark?  :shruggy:

You did. This was the best screen shot I could get. After this, it starts fading to another scene
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Drache

Quote from: TruckDriver on February 28, 2013, 01:02:24 PM

You did. This was the best screen shot I could get. After this, it starts fading to another scene

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

tan top

good find  & good screen shots  , thanks for posting  :yesnod: :cheers:

:popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Drache

So is it some other car with a '68 tail panel and lights or is it a super stripped down '68 Charger that no one has noticed before?  :shruggy:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

daveco

I'd say it is that camera buggy thing. Why they put a Charger tail panel on it I can't imagine :shruggy:

Actually, looking at the picture Drache posted of the camera buggy in post #8, the rounded fenders on the buggy were at the rear.
So in the footage from the news piece it appears that the tail panel was actually mounted to the front of the camera buggy. :scratchchin:
R/Tree

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Drache on February 28, 2013, 01:46:58 PM
So is it some other car with a '68 tail panel and lights or is it a super stripped down '68 Charger that no one has noticed before?  :shruggy:

Can't you dopes tell; it's the 1 million dollar "Bullit" car that's been for sale lately!!!   :lol: :smilielol: :lol:

bill440rt

Looks to me that the Charger is parked in front of this buggy as the camera pans across, and not that it has a tail panel on it.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

C_stripes

If I recall, the camera buggy was actually built out of a corvette, so it may still have the round tail lights that were in it.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

C_stripes

Okay, after looking at it closely. It does look like a 68 Charger tail. I have a theory of why.

When recording film in front of the mustang, there would be a reflection in the chrome bumper, so they put the charger tail panel at about the bumper height so that that would be the reflection that would show up during the show. Just a thought.

Mike DC

They would probably just squirt some silver spray paint onto the Mustang's chrome bumper before going to all the trouble of putting the charger taillight panel onto the Vette.  

That silver-paint-on-the-chrome trick shows up a lot in movies.  

They sometimes did it to the side mirror on the soundstage General Lees.  The sides of the mirror housing were chrome but the round front face of the housing was silvered.  

C_stripes

But in this case, how else can you explain the reasoning??

Homerr

I've read that the camera car Drache posted a pic of was based on a Corvette, looks right.

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Drache

Quote from: bill440rt on February 28, 2013, 03:07:40 PM

Looks to me that the Charger is parked in front of this buggy as the camera pans across, and not that it has a tail panel on it.

Yup after totally slowing the video down you are correct...  :cheers:

Just an Optical Illusion created by camera angle...
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

UH60L

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on February 28, 2013, 03:54:15 PM

They would probably just squirt some silver spray paint onto the Mustang's chrome bumper before going to all the trouble of putting the charger taillight panel onto the Vette. 

That silver-paint-on-the-chrome trick shows up a lot in movies. 

They sometimes did it to the side mirror on the soundstage General Lees.  The sides of the mirror housing were chrome but the round front face of the housing was silvered. 

Interesting. I never knew/noticed that.  Learn something every day.......

Ghoste

Is that to reduce glare from studio lighting?

hatersaurusrex

Most likely to keep the reflections of the soundstage gear and crew from being reflected/visible.  Wouldn't want to see a reflection of guys moving back and forth, etc.   Also, you'd expect to see reflections of the grass, dirt and trees going by instead of some dude with a boom mike.

There's a really famous scene in Twin Peaks where the set director forgets to check the mirror and his face shows up very clearly during a scene where the woman in the frame was being attacked.  They later worked it in as part of the story and said he was a demon of some sort if I remember right.   Interesting.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

Mike DC

Dulling down the finish on reflective surfaces is a regular part of filmmaking.  They might do it to the surface of any color if the camera is set up close to it.  It prevents harsh glare and unwanted reflections of crew/equipment.

Chrome just happens to be a particularly common surface to dull down because it's so reflective.  Look at any closeup shot of a car where the chrome bumper fills a large portion of of the frame.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember that 1980s Disney movie "Flight of the Navigator" with the chromed seashell-looking alien ship?  

The actual prop-ships looked silver:

A chrome-looking CGI ship a few seconds later:

They're remaking this movie now.  I dunno how they portrayed the ship this time.