News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

new Holley 750--tuning tips please!

Started by billschroeder5842, February 25, 2013, 01:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billschroeder5842

Hey! I just ditched my Eddy and put on a Holley 750 vacuum second on my 383 with headers, "small" cam and aluminum intake.

What is the best way to adjust the "kick down"? I had it working well but with the switch, it seems off.

Speaking of off, the car run well, no more bog off the line and seems smooth. What I'm missing is that "snap" upon punching it.

Any ideas on how I can tune the holley better? I literally (litteraly) just pulled it out of the box and popped her on.

thanks!
Texas Proud!

Ghoste

Chryco Psycho had an excellent tuning guide that was in a thread here someplace a while back.  I think it may have been in the Performance section?

John_Kunkel

Does the Holley have the correct Mopar throttle lever extension? (Holley 20-7) Without it the TP linkage won't work correctly.

Best advice for a new carb is to leave it alone....avoid "tricks" unless it doesn't run right.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

firefighter3931

Quote from: John_Kunkel on February 25, 2013, 06:42:45 PM

Does the Holley have the correct Mopar throttle lever extension? (Holley 20-7) Without it the TP linkage won't work correctly.

Agreed, you won't get full throttle unless the proper 20-7 adapter is installed  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Chippa

Make sure everything lines up plumb too matey  :2thumbs: bit of tweaking here and there so it pulls down from the throttle arm nice and square....i had to also get the 20-7 and the throttle stud cause some clown had just used a house bolt to make it happen... :slap:

But i'm sure it wasnt you Bill haha  :D :D

Make sure you adjust your kickdown so the back edge of the elongated adjustment arm is just resting against the throttle stud in idle position and check it again at WOT and ensure you have a small amount of play left and fine tune from there
My 727 will kick back at about 30mph but it has a shift kit in it so its a bit funny sometimes.

Check your timing and get a vac gauge on her to see what your dealing with... :2thumbs:  get that right then move onto your carb settings....

You probably know most of this already but i thought i would regurgitate what i have learnt on here  :Twocents: