News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

K-member question

Started by ChargerRob, February 25, 2013, 02:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargerRob

I just discovered that the previous owner of my 69 Charger R/T did a crappy repair weld job on the left motor mount. Anybody have an idea where I could possibly get another k-member in the Los Angeles area. Are the motor mount available anywhere? Thanks in advance.   :cheers:
Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

Baldwinvette77

Perhaps this kit may help, never bought one myself, so i can't say

http://www.classicindustries.com/mopar/parts/md7102.html

68hardchargerrt

Is it possible to repair the area correctly...If it was my car, I would want to keep the original K-frame, as it has the correct date code to your car and it might detract value from your car if you replace it. 

It looks like someone just added some reinforcement.  Maybe it could be removed and returned to stock looking?

You have a real nice 69.  Just my opinion, as I like to keep as much original matching components I possibly can.

Good luck.
"If you ain't breaking stuff, you ain't driving it right"  Carroll Shelby

ck1

CJK

Rolling_Thunder

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

ACUDANUT

Quote from: 68hardchargerrt on February 25, 2013, 09:27:00 PM
Is it possible to repair the area correctly...If it was my car, I would want to keep the original K-frame, as it has the correct date code to your car and it might detract value from your car if you replace it. 

It looks like someone just added some reinforcement.  Maybe it could be removed and returned to stock looking?

You have a real nice 69.  Just my opinion, as I like to keep as much original matching components I possibly can.

Good luck.

K-frames do not have date codes on them ??

ChargerRob

Thanks for the reply. Gonna take it out and hopefully find someone who will weld it better. Thanks.  :cheers:

Troy

I think I have a spare 69 k-frame somewhere in the garage. I was saving it to make an engine test stand but I found a crappy 70 version for that purpose. It would probably cost a fair amount to ship from Ohio though. I generally see them at shows around here for $50-100 depending on condition. What's it going to cost to straighten and weld?

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Moparparts

YES many K-Frames have date codes on them stamped on the front right in the center where the lower core support bracket bolts on

\
Quote from: ACUDANUT on February 27, 2013, 02:43:48 AM

Good luck.

ChargerRob

Hello Troy, I would definately be interested in acquiring your spare k-member. I really don't have an idea how much it would cost to have it repaired. Pm me. If you'd like.   :cheers:

maxwellwedge

Quote from: Moparparts on February 27, 2013, 07:34:57 PM
YES many K-Frames have date codes on them stamped on the front right in the center where the lower core support bracket bolts on

\
Quote from: ACUDANUT on February 27, 2013, 02:43:48 AM

Good luck.

Dates?  Sure do - Here are a couple of pics - courtesy of the A12 Forum   http://a12mopar.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1362942532

ACUDANUT

You got me there, but it's not a VIN make or brake kind of deal.