News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who wants to Megasquirt, full sequential fuel/ spark a 68 charger! This Guy!!

Started by redmist, February 24, 2013, 11:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

Dammit I have to reread everything again, I don't know what the adapters are for.   :lol:

I'd still buy the whole kit though.   :D
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

bulleteater

Brant

peterro

Dino,

It's so you can replace the distributor with a cam position sensor from a Wrangler. Needed only if you're going to go that route.

Dino

Quote from: peterro on April 01, 2014, 09:41:01 AM
Dino,

It's so you can replace the distributor with a cam position sensor from a Wrangler. Needed only if you're going to go that route.

Oh that's what that is.  Thanks!   :2thumbs:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

redmist

The guys busted out the smart drill press:

Added some machine noise type sounds:

Done!

And first production test part...

So I have this part fitted in my Charger right now. It now works without having to modify the key on the CPS sensor. However!!!! Now the factory hold down stud is to short to retain it well with the factory hold down piece.

We are either going to manufacture a part that replaces the factory hold down, or figure out another solution to retain the CPS in the adapter, and let the factory hold down continue to work.
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

Stormin

That is one gorgeous piece of aluminum. Can't wait to purchase some.

Any plans for a 383 version?

redmist

The low deck will be a little more involved. As it stands now, the 440 version works sorta with the stock hold down. the low deck will for sure require a new method of retaining the CPS since it will stick out of the block a little more. We will figure something out though!
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

Budnicks

very cool piece thanks for sharing, love all the CNC stuff & machinery too, like that "little" Drill Press... a B-Low deck version will be a must... good luck keep up all the great work & updates...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

kowalski440

Hey All, I followed this thread over from Moparts awhile back, and joined this forum just so I can
get on the request list for the cam sensor adapter ( One, Please! Thank You!). It will go in my
440 equipped 69 Coronet (hope that's close enough to a Charger for me to stay here!).

Kowalski

redmist

The guys here are no strangers at making aluminum look beautiful!

MedPhys

Looking good!  I was just checking back in to see where we were with bushings.  I still want this, so make sure you send me a PM or email when these are available.

grnfsh

peterro

I'm all in now. Just pulled the trigger on the computer and simulator yesterday. I'm putting together my list of questions...

Now to save up for the rest. At least this will get me playing/tuning on the computer.

redmist

Yes, master it on the bench with the STIM, and the car part gets easy.     :cheers:

I am half tempted to purchase another ECU just to have around as a play toy.

Microsquirt lawnmower? hehe

peterro

That'd be cool. I'm also working on blazing the trail for my father in law on his 68 RoadRunner. Doing the bench tuning will allow us to get over the fear factor. After one successful implementation, I'm betting he'll follow.

GPULLER

Quote from: redmist on April 20, 2014, 09:46:36 PM
Yes, master it on the bench with the STIM, and the car part gets easy.     :cheers:

I am half tempted to purchase another ECU just to have around as a play toy.

Microsquirt lawnmower? hehe

Check out this MS controlled V8.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EGXo5HwIHk

grnfsh

Quote from: redmist on April 02, 2014, 12:58:53 PM
The low deck will be a little more involved. As it stands now, the 440 version works sorta with the stock hold down. the low deck will for sure require a new method of retaining the CPS since it will stick out of the block a little more. We will figure something out though!

Could you just use this along with your adapter for a 383?

http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/rbtobbldiad.html

EDIT: Never mind, I see the problem has nothing to do with what this accomplishes.

peterro

I have some MS questions. I have my ECU, ms3x, Jimstim, and Jimstimx assembled and talking to Tuner Studio. I guess that's a good milestone. The documentation for the MS3 could have been better though the jimstim docs were very good. If I do another one, I may take a shot at improving it.

In any case, I'm at the point of bench tuning and I'm trying to find the proper way of configuring the simulators. The first problem is the cam position sensor so I can test full sequential. I found a couple forum references that there needs to be a jumper from the jimstim to the jimstimx but I haven't found the source documentation.

What is the best source for reading about the simulators? Also, is there a good walk-through of Tuner Studio or is this a learn as you use sort of thing? I know I can ask this on the MS forums but this write up is the model I'm patterning my build after. Also, it gives me a chance to ask about the CPS adapter status.

Thanks in advance.

redmist

Its been so long since I have used the Stims, the best I could do for you is tell you to look at the video here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4yudqswCg8   And try to duplicate the jumper locations and dip settings.

The adapters got put on the back burner as work took over the machines.  :brickwall: :brickwall:

Sorry guys, With new product roll out, either someone else needs to step up to make these, or we are just going to have to wait longer.

redmist

As an added update:

I took the charger to the drag strip and made a couple passes. My best ET was 13.3                                             At 110MPH   :D  It was also one full point rich from 4600 to 6000 RPM when I crossed the finish line.

This was with street tires driven to the track and back. MPH says I have a low 12 second ET if I can get it to hook, and with a point rich, I have some improvement on that as well.

Fun stuff!!

Coolest part was making a pass, looking at the log, and dialing back the fueling, and trying again!

Here is a data log of my last run. First shift was at 3316 RPM, Second shift was at 4256RPM, and I crossed the line at 6027RPM with an AFR of 11.6.  This was letting the auto shift where it wanted to.  I can replay this in real time, and tweak the map on the right side, re-load to car, and try again!!!   The tuner guys were real impressed with the technology.

Reading the graph, the yellow line on the top graph is AFR... If you look at this, you can see a spike upwards on the map. This is where I lifted the throttle to try and get the car to hook. The white line is RPM.

All this data is automatically saved to the SD card real time... all the time.   :yesnod:

redmist

Oh yeah.....

My car weighed in at 3620 lbs with a full tank of gas, and me not in it on the truck scale at the local truck stop.

Rolling_Thunder

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip