News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who wants to Megasquirt, full sequential fuel/ spark a 68 charger! This Guy!!

Started by redmist, February 24, 2013, 11:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

67Charger440

toss me in for a pair of adapters...

I'm following your build closely and will be mimicing it (except with MS2, not MS3) on my '67 Charger running a 496" stroker and my Dad's '95 Firebird running a '69 Chevy 427. 

What are you putting out for power?

redmist

The original engine ran 513hp/542tq on the stand with the carb. We did ZERO tuning on the carb, and hit those numbers. I will get it on a dyno and get some numbers at the wheels when I get it all sorted. That may be next spring though.
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

MedPhys

Budnicks

:popcrn: any updates on the output dyno/tuning or improvements over the carb or what ever...  :popcrn:  oops I saw you said next spring after I already posted this...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

redmist

No updates on adapters, and the car is parked for the most part till spring time.

I might play with the "Check engine light" function a little over the winter. the MS software can trigger a check engine light if any of your sensors or maps get anywhere out of your defined range. it will also do a sensor check on startup like a modern car does.

The plan is to replace that dumb large "check brakes" red idiot light on the factory dash with a custom "Check system" or something of the likes, that lights up when anything is out of normal.
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

fy469rtse

Looking forward to the summary on this for us old carb guys, the to do list and tuition on how what why and guide from some one that knows what there doing  :popcrn:,
I have a 505 cubic inch stroker that I want to sequential inject

grnfsh

Quote from: redmist on October 14, 2013, 11:27:24 PM
No updates on adapters, and the car is parked for the most part till spring time.

I might play with the "Check engine light" function a little over the winter. the MS software can trigger a check engine light if any of your sensors or maps get anywhere out of your defined range. it will also do a sensor check on startup like a modern car does.

The plan is to replace that dumb large "check brakes" red idiot light on the factory dash with a custom "Check system" or something of the likes, that lights up when anything is out of normal.

That's a great idea, I like it. Can't have too much information

JimG

Quote from: redmist on October 14, 2013, 11:27:24 PM

Ahhhh. I think you could wire the existing brake failure signal to an unused input and then incorporate that input into the Check System logic, or whatever you choose to call it.

Good idea! I'd been pondering where to install the Check Engine light (I was considering an amber LED somewhere in the unused clock pod in my dash) but this is far better.

Old Tired Rebel

Budnicks

redmist any more updates yet ?? I'd like to see more... any more you can post about what you did or don't like, maybe pros & cons, what not to do... just spit-balling here....

redmist

Nothing yet. I did drive the Charger to it's new home (We moved) and even with no tuning on the new injectors, going from the old injectors to the big 60lb an hr required nothing more than changing one number in the software (Required fuel)....

It started right up, and ran just great!

As soon as the weather gets nice, I will be back on the project, and home to get some dyno tuning sessions done.

I still absolutely love the setup. Zero issues so far.

Cooter

Redmist, you came about as close as anybody ever has IMO to making up an affordable PORT fuel injected 440.

Well played....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

redmist

Not bad eh???

Honestly I have some nice parts in this setup, with a little more scrounging, and some fabrication, a person could do it real real cheep!

Budnicks

Quote from: redmist on January 30, 2014, 11:56:42 PM
Not bad eh???

Honestly I have some nice parts in this setup, with a little more scrounging, and some fabrication, a person could do it real real cheep!
:2thumbs: Thanks for the updates, good luck I'm looking forward to the spring when you post how great it drives... great thread  :Twocents:

peterro

Thanks for documenting this project. It's exactly what I wanted to do when I stumbled across your overview video on youtube which led me here. Now to save my pennies and start collecting parts. I really am looking forward to the drivability, more consistent power, and extra mileage. I, like others, will love to hear what you get. I humbly request you to fill the tank this spring and go for a road trip to find out. I also read about creating your own gauges in tuner studio that would show you instant mileage values (probably based on top gear).

69white hat

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

redmist

You guys are Crazy! no way I am building kits... The fun is building it yourself.. right?     Right?  ;D

I will say, the cam position adapter is currently out of the car. It's being "Inspected" right now. While the car is down, I am going to do the brakes, and upper control arms.

The weather here is starting to get nice, so I am excited to get it back on the road.

69white hat

My car is also getting some nice upgrades to make it more driver friendly. Mostly just fixes under the dash to get it back to where it should be ( speedo and heater box ), plus some mechanical stuff as well, ( steering box, starter ), but for a guy like me building a kit like that is simply not an option. I don't understand more than half of the jargon you were talking about. That being said, I definitely want efi, maybe just one thats more genereic and out of the box. I'll haver to shop around. That will be NEXT years project maybe. While I can't build my own, I'm sure I could install one with some help.

racerjo

Nice build. I have a question off topic. What alternator is that? Is it internally regulated, or does it use the stock regulator?

redmist

It's the kit that 440source sells, It's a toyota internally regulated model of some sort. 60 Amp. I plan on upgrading that as well.

redmist

Folks,

The CPS Adaptors are being made, we have it modeled for production, and will start cutting in about 10 days.

Stay tuned.

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

peterro

68ChargerJMP

Awesome build. Exactly what I want to do as far as fuel injection, etc... Put me down for an adapter as well.