News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who wants to Megasquirt, full sequential fuel/ spark a 68 charger! This Guy!!

Started by redmist, February 24, 2013, 11:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redmist

It got the injectors from a buddy who ended up putting a procharger in his Raptor. They are to small for my application, but turning up the fuel pressure has made them work fine so far. I will have to see what my duty cycle is like at full throttle, full KPA to see if they are going to need upgraded.

If you do purchase a set of injectors, try to find a set that has been flow tested/matched, and has the data showing what the injector dead time is. That is real good info for your megasquirt tuning down the road. I don't have that info for mine, so I can't tune based off dead time.
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

grnfsh

FYI.. not positive if they will work or not, but Shelby (2013) GT500 injectors (I think) are 52lb, and rock auto has them for $26 a piece.

redmist

JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

grnfsh

No problem, I think that will be my source when I get to that point. The Shelby GT 500 is rated at over 600hp with a supercharger so my 550+ HP motor should fine with them.

JimG

Quote from: grnfsh on June 29, 2013, 01:09:20 PM
FYI.. not positive if they will work or not, but Shelby (2013) GT500 injectors (I think) are 52lb, and rock auto has them for $26 a piece.

Good info! I'm ready to order my injectors any time now, and had planned on ordering them from DIY. They're about $50 each there. I figure I need injectors in the 42lb neighborhood; if anyone knows an OEM application that uses something like that, I'd much rather pay $26 from Rock Auto.

Thanks!

grnfsh

So I've been trying to come up with different applications that may take larger lb injectors. I'd love to find a chart or data base that list the stock injector properties of different cars.

grnfsh

Homerr

Do you have any 'before' MPG with your motor?  What about after MPG?  Can you switch between performance and economy on the fly?  Or is it something akin to reflashing the ROM to do this?

redmist

I don't have any before or after for MPG, because I have the typical issue where the gas gauge never registers full. I never tracked it before I made the change.

As far as switching from performance to Econo on the fly... Why yes you can sir! The MS3X Is capable of Map Switching on the fly. What this means is with a simple button, or toggle I can go from one tune to the next. You just have to build your econo tune however. What I see most people doing is making dual maps to compensate for fuel type or grade.

grnfsh

Quote from: redmist on July 11, 2013, 07:36:54 PM
I don't have any before or after for MPG, because I have the typical issue where the gas gauge never registers full. I never tracked it before I made the change.

As far as switching from performance to Econo on the fly... Why yes you can sir! The MS3X Is capable of Map Switching on the fly. What this means is with a simple button, or toggle I can go from one tune to the next. You just have to build your econo tune however. What I see most people doing is making dual maps to compensate for fuel type or grade.

That is so freaking awesome!

68CoronetRT

Quote from: redmist on July 11, 2013, 07:36:54 PM

Or when you really get involved you have a 2nd set of injectors(16 total) and a little 5 gal fuel cell with lets say 110 or E-85 and a 2nd set of fuel pumps/lines and you blend the two fuels on the fly. :yesnod:

Megasquirts are so full of win. :2thumbs:

jtboz69

redmist

I mounted it on the inside of the passenger frame rail vertically on the part that sweeps up to go over the axle.

I tried to get a good picture of it with my phone, but no dice.. I will try to get a pic later with a better camera.

fy469rtse

Who wants mega squirt ME , you need to do a summery of everything you used, I have got as far as putting my injector bungs to the under side of victor junior intake, aimed them at the intake port, stopped there thinking that this is beyond my capability's, would like to learn a lot more , already have a bit more understanding just from reading this thread , are you going to put computer parts in some sort of housing , ? Maybe an old msd housing

redmist

I will see if I can do a summary of some sort later on. I do plan on making a bent heat shield to cover the relay board under the hood. The MSD housing is an interesting idea! I have a cruddy old MSD I could hack up! I might just look into that, thank you sir!

fy469rtse

Thank you for sharing, great read, if you insulate those electronics and against vibration as well, ? Should help them last , just thinking on what I would do next if I were up to that stage,

MedPhys

Redmist:  Thanks for directing me from the msforum to your build thread.  I've got a 69 charger that I've been putting together a game plan.  I've got an MS3X in a turbocharged miata so tunerstudio is very familiar.

Would you be willing to machine me the bushing you used for the cam sensor bushing?  You solved a big piece of my puzzle.  I did not want a gutted distributor int he engine bay. 

Second (maybe I missed it).  Where did you mount your WBO2?  How is your exhaust set up?

I planning to use the performer rpm since I have it.   However, with the tunability of the MS3x it might be better to use a single plane since I could regain some of the low end.

Just an fyi for others.

diyautotune.com has a lot of stuff for the MS.  IAC, IAT sensors, wiring, etc.  Their customer service is excellent.  A great group of people.

redmist

Quote from: MedPhys on July 20, 2013, 09:57:49 PM
Redmist:  Thanks for directing me from the msforum to your build thread.  I've got a 69 charger that I've been putting together a game plan.  I've got an MS3X in a turbocharged miata so tunerstudio is very familiar.

Would you be willing to machine me the bushing you used for the cam sensor bushing?  You solved a big piece of my puzzle.  I did not want a gutted distributor int he engine bay. 

Second (maybe I missed it).  Where did you mount your WBO2?  How is your exhaust set up?

I planning to use the performer rpm since I have it.   However, with the tunability of the MS3x it might be better to use a single plane since I could regain some of the low end.

Just an fyi for others.

diyautotune.com has a lot of stuff for the MS.  IAC, IAT sensors, wiring, etc.  Their customer service is excellent.  A great group of people.

As far as machining the bushing, it's a hit or miss deal. I co-own/run a rather high-tech, bad as machine shop that is dedicated to building all the cool gun parts you people keep purchasing at an amazing pace. If the lathe is open (shouldn't be, or I am not making money) I will run a couple bushings. That could be tomorrow or never.   :rofl: I have to keep product going out the door before I play.

My exhaust setup is a simple 3" to an X pipe, to some dumps right before the rear axle. I have a bung in the X-pipe, and that's where my o2 is mounted. I think I am going to move it closer to the collector though, and see if that makes a difference. I already have bungs welded by both collectors.

MedPhys

Thanks!  If you get to run it, just shoot me a pm without how much you want for it.  What gun shop? 

redmist

Quote from: MedPhys on July 22, 2013, 08:16:02 AM
Thanks!  If you get to run it, just shoot me a pm without how much you want for it.  What gun shop? 

2A-Arms

MedPhys

Another thought.  If you aren't concerned about the sleeve you made being proprietary, then maybe you could post the solidworks file.  There is a machine shop in Texas that we use.  Reasonable prices, and willing to do one off work.  I could get a quote and pass along the info.  My project is a ways off, but I'd like to get one of these sleeves in hand.  This is a great alternative to the oober expensive belt driven cam timing devices.

redmist

I will talk it over with the partners here and see what they say. Technically the solid model/step file is property of 2A-Armament. I doubt anyone would care, but I need to go through my channels before releasing anything to the public.   :cheers:

grnfsh

Ill second. I will also be looking for that machined piece for the cam sensor. I do know a machinist but would pay you or him either way. I'd also be willing to pay a little for specs if need be. 

Just putting it out there. I may just ask my machinist to come up with something as he is a mopar guy.  I'm not in a hurry so if you do end up running a few let me know.

MedPhys

I'm sure if you ran 10 or 20 (depending on time and material cost) you would probably end up selling them all over time if you kept them on the shelf.