News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I like the Cruises not just Shows

Started by triple_green, February 24, 2013, 11:35:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

triple_green

Maybe it's just because I don't get to drive the car too much in winter....but my son and I were sitting around talking about how much we like it when there is a cruise involved in an even not just a show. I really like to drive my car.

Two of our favorites are the Muscle and Chrome in Seaside, OR. They have cruises on Friday and esp the Saturday evening barbeque and cruise to Cannon Beach and back.

Also the best part of Long Beach, WA Cruise to the end of world, is the Friday and Saturday night cruises through town.  Three miles of backup! Like American Graffiti on steroids.

Saw posts about some good shows in Qz and Woodward. Where else do you guys get this kind of Acton?
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

adauto

Cant say I know of any around here....  :'(
Never too many! 70 Chally R/T Convert-70 GTX-68-69-74 Charger-68 Dart GTS

http://a-dauto.com/  http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

4cruzin

Well you mentioned Wodward so the only other one I know of is the Heath Cruise at the Mopar Nationals.  There used to be a large cruise in Hell, Michigan called "The Hell of a Cruise" . . . . but it has not happened lately due to safety issues. 
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

1BAD68

We have "Automotion" in Wisconsin Dells. Big show, burnout contest, nightly cruise, etc.

Cooter

The cruise night here are about all there is due to there's always some jackwad in a busted, clapped out POS that is massively underpowered out in the street doing burnouts. That usually gets EVERYBODY shut down. We just park at the cruise night and BS about cars. Keeps the crazies getting tickets and not us.

If it weren't for that, there would be more here.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Ghoste

I much prefer cruising to shows.  What is termed a "cruise" night where I live is just a bunchof the same cars parked in the lot of some burger joint, it should be called park night.  Every once in a while I get wind of a few of them getting bored and we'll arrange a drive to some neighboring town and back.

JB400

Still, it must be nice.  Local laws pretty much killed cruising in my area.  You can't sit in the parking lot and chat.  Sitting at the burger joint after dark isn't an option either.  Driving around with no where to go gets you pulled over.  It's best to either go out in the country, or seek other towns that do allow cruising.  I"ve even been in some towns that have signs posted "NO Cruising" :'(

Ghoste

Yes, that is absolutely MUCH worse.  I never understand those stupid laws, at least I have the right of choice.

Cooter

I can totally understand the "No Cruising" laws. All it takes is ONE person to kill it for everyone.
Like what happened here. Some drunk redneck, POS, in a Blown Alcohol Vette Drag Car just had to fire it up every ten minutes. After he saw people were simply gettin' annoyed with that, he decides to take a little "drive", and nearly takes out a kid walking on the sidewalk.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

adauto

Quote from: 1BAD68 on February 24, 2013, 12:36:13 PM
We have "Automotion" in Wisconsin Dells. Big show, burnout contest, nightly cruise, etc.

Thats still prettty much a show tho.... and a BIG show
Never too many! 70 Chally R/T Convert-70 GTX-68-69-74 Charger-68 Dart GTS

http://a-dauto.com/  http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

bill440rt

In my area here in NJ you can pretty much go to a cruise night every night of the week. More than one in a single night if you wanted to. They are all over.
Most are small get togethers, but some can be a few hundred cars. In one nearby town cars start lining up at 3:00 in the afternoon, when the show start time is really at 5:00. Otherwise, it fills up so fast you won't find a spot.
I go to a few when I can, it's fun to get the cars out.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Dino

Snapshot of a prefect day: wifey and I cruising the backroads in the Charger, no show around, no cruise around, just us and the beast.

I'm glad you guys enjoy shows and cruises but it's not for me.  We have a small cruise in Ann Arbor every summer, I spent about 10 minutes there last year and had enough.  It's also pretty sad when a third of the show cars are new cars.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

moparguy01

http://www.ksmoparcruise.org/

Like this one?  :D

I've been going on it for years, even now that I live in Minnesota I still drive down to Kansas for it. We drive place to place, see some sights, and usually stop off and have small car shows for a few hours at a time in various locations over 3 or 4 days. Its always a good time. And when things break, we are all around, under, and in them to get them back up and going. well I know I always seem to be.  :lol: If your near Kansas I'd recommend it!

Patronus

We have a great cruise here in Golden, CO. in the summers at least.
First Sat. of the month. It's basically our deadline for winter projects.
Usually bumper to bumper, prob 1000 cars from flush glass coupes to
a Ford Daytona Coupe race car. First time I showed up I pull up, get out,
and here come this '80 Cougar with a horn that growled like a mountain lion.  :smilielol:
I knew right then, this shit rocks! Anyone coming through, I highly advise
a stop if you can.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Moparparts

I myself like the Cruises better but also enjoy a show now and then. Problem with most of the shows they are the buddy judging system most often and it is hard to find a legitimate judged show anymore.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Dino on February 25, 2013, 08:44:17 AM
Snapshot of a prefect day: wifey and I cruising the backroads in the Charger, no show around, no cruise around, just us and the beast.

:2thumbs:  Im with you!   However, I really do enjoy just getting the car out and being social in the car scene. What ever it is. I am just as much a social beast as a car junkie I guess.  Carlisle has been the highlight of my year the past few! I hope to get the Charger down there some year.  :yesnod:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

BlueSS454

Quote from: triple_green on February 24, 2013, 11:35:45 AM
Two of our favorites are the Muscle and Chrome in Seaside, OR. They have cruises on Friday and esp the Saturday evening barbeque and cruise to Cannon Beach and back.

That's a nice ride.  I've did the drive from Canby to Cannon Beach back in 2008  :2thumbs:.  Once in a while a group of us will get together and go for an hour long cruise around Wharton State Forest here.  Lot's of nice scenery and open roads with no traffic.
Tom Rightler

Sublime/Sixpack

April through October we have Car Shows and Cruise-ins galore around here. It's nice to have a variety of car activities to choose from! In the past I hit many Car Shows and burned out on them. I like the cruise-ins because they're low key, don't cost anything, you can come and go when you want, cool cars to look at, and there's generally some good people to visit with.
The car shows have their place, and I attend two or three each year but I tend to get bored after a few hours.
My favorite car activity envolves me, the open road, my Mopar and the 440 rumble. :yesnod:
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

1BAD68

I think the line between cruises and cruise-ins is blurred.
We have plenty of cruise-ins but they are basically just mini car shows at the local mcdonalds or culvers**yawn**
What we need are some organized cruises like actually driving our cars. Meet at a certain time and drive to a certain destination or a specified route somewhere.
Maybe a desolate road somewhere and have some fun "on a closed course with professional drivers" of course  :D

Paul G

Join a car club, preferably a Mopar car club. We do a lot of driving in our cars. Weekend overnight trips to just a Saturday cruise to a car show, some local, some hours away. It is the best part of owning a classic car. MATS is coming up. We are driving from Phoenix to Vegas with scheduled stops along the way. It is a great time.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

Bob T

The club I'm in does regular cruise nights, sometimes 2 a month over summer, meet somewhere, then head off with 20 -30 other cars out around the sticks to some out of the way country restaurant or pub for coffee and desert, always a good night out and not just one eyed Mopar stuff. The big cruise at the end of this month is the Beach Hop Thunder Cruise at a small coastal gown which becomes a car mecca for a week. Limited to 1000 entries, but lots more people and cars are around. The cars are encouraged to uncap headers and cruise through town on the way out to the reserve parkup about 8 miles away. The cops are on board with it, just no skids or dumb stuff and everything is cool
Old Dog, Old Tricks.