News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"Followed a '68 Charger wannabe down the hill today...."

Started by Dans 68, February 23, 2013, 03:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dans 68

As a few of you know, I have moved homes this past Christmas. Where I live now there are quite a few expensive and exotic cars lurking about. I followed one (new to me) this morning down the hill, trying to get close for a few photos and avoiding hitting one of the many weekend warrior bicyclists. I admit that I had to do a search on the car as I was not sure what it was..now I am. It was an "Ultima GTR"  (http://www.ultimasports.co.uk/Content.aspx?f=gtrintro) per the rear badging, with a grandmotherly type behind the wheel. The quickest Supercar in the world. I almost followed the car onto the freeway just to see what it would do, but instead went to pickup lunch in downtown Los Altos. Kind of wished I was in my '68...I would have goosed the throttle and spun the tires as I drove by.   :rofl:  Just another day in paradise.  :icon_smile_wink:

Call me an idiot but I'd still rather have my '68.   ;)

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

ACUDANUT

Nice car, but how is it a "'68 Charger wannabe" ? Looks nothing like one.

Dans 68

The fender curvature and taillights. Albeit it had 50% more taillights than the '68 Chargers. Still, a wannabe (imho).  ;D

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

odcics2

And 68 Chargers had Vette tail lights!   

At least that's what guys said mine had, back in the day...
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Troy

I've been wanting one of those for years. Still do. I don't think mine will be red though. It wasn't designed to beat the 68 Charger in styling - it's a street legal race car. There was a guy a while back who took one on the Hot Rod Power Tour. It literally has like 1.3 cubic feet of storage space so I'm not sure how they packed for a two week trip. Buuuut who cares!?! Load that thing up with 600-700 HP Chevy or Ford small block and it'll do 0-60 in 3 seconds, quarter mile in the 10s, and break 200 mph on the top end. The basic "kit" runs about $35k though. Turn key is around $100k I believe.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Cooter

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

mauve66

living in that neighborhood, i'm suprised you slump it here with us Dan............... :rofl:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Dans 68 on February 23, 2013, 03:42:32 PM
Call me an idiot but I'd still rather have my '68.   ;)

Dan

Id rather have your 68 as well.  That car is just not for me.  :eek2:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Mopar Nut

Where are you going to put the grocery's, a Charger can carry quite a few.  :shruggy:
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Ghoste

Not an idiot at all, those things are the height of impractical.

Troy

You guys are assuming that someone who owns a "Supercar" doesn't have another vehicle to drive. :eyes:

The reason I like the Ultima is because it can be built in your own garage - not like a McLaren F1, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Lotus, or Veyron. Still not cheap though: those wheels/tires cost more than what I paid for many of my cars. I have always had great admiration for race cars - especially ones that can take a curve. Every single part has a purpose. No fluff. No creature comforts. Just raw power and speed. I'd love to have a GT-40 (replica of course as I don't have seven figures to throw at an original), AC Cobra, or Corvette Daytona (again, replica as I doubt if I can even find an original). At least the Ultima is new though so if it does get cracked up you don't destroy a piece of history. None of them have carpet, sound deadening, air bags, stereos, roll up windows, or cup holders. They interior is hard, confined, and hot. The suspension will rattle your teeth and so will the exhaust note. But that's precisely why some people want them! At least one member here has an Ariel Atom. Useless! Except for creating a smile that won't go away! Practicality is for soccer moms...

Yes, you can argue that the Charger looks better but I wouldn't let the Ultima sit still long enough for a comparison.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

JB400

Sounds like the original recipe for the Viper until they put new cooks in the kitchen. :brickwall:  Us drivers that like to seriously drive thier cars are definitely a minority in car sales.