News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Map light wiring

Started by Mytur Binsdirti, February 23, 2013, 01:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mytur Binsdirti

While I'm on the subject of dash wiring (for a '68), I found that my map light wire is cut. The service manual says that the yellow wire on the map light attaches to the right side door jambs switch. However, there was no way that this wire was ever attached to that door jamb switch. I know that I can just splice it in under the dash, but I would like to know how it was really done. Thoughts?

stripedelete

I robbed the maplight out of my parts car.  I found it connected just as the manual suggests.  It's been about a year and a half, but, I think the wire ran along the lower lip of the dash frame and connected behind the kick panel.  Again, it's been a while, but, I  remember the connection being rather crude.    :shruggy:

Mytur Binsdirti

Looks like I found the answer, and the missing wire, in the shriking pile of parts.