News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2014 Jeep

Started by JB400, February 23, 2013, 03:26:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill440rt

I vaguely remember a thread where someone thought staging rear end accidents was the cool thing to do??  :scratchchin:

Regarding the Jeep, surely there are buyers out there that it WILL appeal to. I'm not one of them, so I'm not really worried about it.
If I were, I would compare the offerings from the automakers & buy what I liked. It's really that simple.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on April 01, 2013, 06:58:05 AM
Tuffy's just a cool cat all around :coolgleamA: :yesnod:

:2thumbs:

Obviously, you know him better then I do.....

Just coming from the way I am. For the most part, I'm pretty mellow. But if my Mopar got rear-ended......it would be years before it would be safe to poke at me.

As to brand loyalty.....I almost always stay with what works well for me. I tend to think long term......show me something that's proven better....and I'll change. Or a bad experience can make me look elsewhere.

Or making something look like a mutant catfish.....could do it. :icon_smile_big:

Cooter

Quote from: bill440rt on April 01, 2013, 08:57:10 AM
I vaguely remember a thread where someone thought staging rear end accidents was the cool thing to do??  :scratchchin:

Obviously, you are mistaken. Nothing "Cool" about it, but if you ride the ass, you get brake checked, as Some need the money that bad, and clearly feel the lesson needs to be tought. I seem to recall there are ALOT in that thread that thought the same way.. Simple as that. Now, I'll leave it there before you bait into another thread about the perils of a$$holes and tailgating. Please try and remember what people mean and say before posting. Thanks. :scratchchin:

This thread is no different than any other about "Hacking" a musclecar when it comes to repairs. Yet, in another thread about someone restoring their car, they clearly have done worse than any in the "Hacking" thread, yet, they are considered to be "restoring" the cars, and get the 'ol Thumb's up???...This is nothing more than One person's perception of what is considered" Hacking" and what's considered "Restoring" depending on whether or not the poster is "liked" by the majority of posters. Same thing here. Majority doens't like this vehicle's looks. No problem. As long as you are prepared for what lies ahead if your the only one who thinks it is actually "nice looking", and are defending it and it's technology....That's fine, but the way your reply is delivered has ALOT to do with whether or not you recieve condescending replies. You like it? That's great, I do not...However, once you try and post my opinions do not matter simply because you do not like me, you get the 'ol Cooter's Fuh-Q reply very quickly. Like it or not.  
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

TUFCAT

Quote from: dyslexic teddybear on March 31, 2013, 12:25:34 PM
I think hitting a nerve is an understatement.

No matter the huge amount of time, effort, and $$$ to restore.......

There is no substitute for an original.

Tufcat handled it a LOT better then I could have.

Thanks Teddy.  Its all cool.  :cheers:

odcics2

Local dealer says they are flying off the lot...
Dealers are afraid to trade them, too, in case a buyer for that particular package walks in the door that day.  

Getting 4 star reviews:

http://www.freep.com/article/20131121/COL14/311210011/2014-jeep-cherokee
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

ACUDANUT

Quote from: ACUDANUT on February 23, 2013, 10:07:25 AM
what ever happened to the new jeep scrambler ? Pickup version.
X2

Silver R/T

Looks pretty ugly, just like Pontiak Aztek. I don't even see those heaps of crap anymore. Jeep-you blew it this year!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

JB400

Quote from: Fred on November 29, 2013, 04:55:17 PM
Not my cup of tea.
You just need to add a lump or two.  Then, you'll drink it :lol:

Fred

Lighthorseman

Saw one of these on the street today - even more hideous in person than the pictures I've seen.

The front end looked like a buck-toothed Asian caricature.

Fred

In that case Ill try to look the other way when I hear one coming.  ;D

DC_1

I don't know, they are growing on me and I kind of like them the more I see of them.

Fred

Quote from: DC_1(formerly Sydmoe) on December 01, 2013, 11:10:47 AM
I don't know, they are growing on me and I kind of like them the more I see of them.

Like a wart, do you mean?    :nana:     :icon_smile_big:

bull

Not good. This thing makes the 2013 look beautiful

Indygenerallee

The first time I saw one in traffic I kinda puked in my mouth a bit!! ... well not really but it was absolutely atrocious looking!!!  :rotz:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

DC_1

Still don't see why there is all the hate........has a lot of styling cues from the GC

Just 6T9 CHGR

I was kinda diggin the Mango Tango Pearl TrailHawk edition....looks like they dropped the color??

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Fred

The colours good but it doesn't help improve the grille any.

Indygenerallee

Looks like it has four headlights! kinda like looking at a person with a "Lazy eye" don't really know where to look!... :shruggy:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

JB400

I figured this thing would be bigger than it actually is.

odcics2

"Jeep Cherokee leads Chrysler to a 16% sales increase for November".

Apparently, the 'in" crowd is buying them up!   :nana:

Fred

I might be on the outside but I'm sure not looking in!   :nana:   :icon_smile_big:

odcics2

HA!!     If you got inside one and drove it, you'd be hooked! 

Seriously, they are fantastic vehicles!  :yesnod:

Fred

I don't doubt it and I have nothing against Jeep per se. I just don't like this new grille. I may yet come to like it given time. Anything is possible.