News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2014 Jeep

Started by JB400, February 23, 2013, 03:26:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1970Moparmann

Quote from: Cooter on February 24, 2013, 09:56:41 AM
Wonder when auto designers are gonna learn....UGLY only sells to stupid people. Design cars that don't look like you were drunk when you penned the design and maybe, just maybe, they will sell regardless.

I think one of the ugliest cars on the road is a Prius.  Look at all the people that own that.....
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Cooter

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on March 27, 2013, 05:10:56 PM
Wonder when auto designers are gonna learn....UGLY only sells to stupid people. Design cars that don't look like you were drunk when you penned the design and maybe, just maybe, they will sell regardless.

I think one of the ugliest cars on the road is a Prius.  Look at all the people that own that.....

I do, and anybody who thinks a Pri-ass is somehow getting over on the Big oil companies, only need look at the amount that thing costs you when you buy it new, replacing batteries, etc. I mean, since all of them are so "green" (When actuallity, being "Green" has nothing to do with it IMO, as many are hoping for that illusive 50 MPG in order to offset that HUGE amount of UPFRONT costs they already paid to the dealer when purchased), wonder where they will dispose of all those Batteries when they are long dead and useless....

Stupid....Well, maybe not so much stupid, as gullable sheeple. You cannot EVER beat big oil. We are addicted and that's that. No way around, over, under, through it.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

dyslexic teddybear

I read somewhere the retake rate on hybrids was about 25%

Suggests the great joy of politically correct ownership was a bit less then expected.

Also believe the battery recycling is going to Mexico, as they do not have many pesky emissions regulations to make it expensive. Think I read that just last week.

You know how it is......if the dirty part is out of sight.....it don't count.

451-74Charger

Fugly..!!
I own 2 Grand Cherokees and even disliked the prior version. I WILL NOT be buying this ugly MoFo

Cooter

Hmmmmmm.....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

dyslexic teddybear

CUVs  do seem to equate to generic fugly.

When you consider the crouching frog motif of some of the competition.....[Nissen :shruggy:]

Mutant catfish may not be so bad.

Budnicks

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on March 27, 2013, 05:10:56 PM

I think one of the ugliest cars on the road is a Prius.  Look at all the people that own that.....
Amen to that  :Twocents:
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Cooter

Too many ignorant, or just plain don't care bout style anymore buying these pieces of sh*t. I for one remember a time when one could ride along with Pop and name by body SYTLES the different years/makes/models of cars...

Today, they are jellybean turds that all look alike.

TUFCAT

Hey guys I like it. :2thumbs: Plus I think it will attract younger buyers to the Jeep brand.  This is a good move for Chrysler....think outside of the box for a moment :icon_smile_wink:

Cooter

I bailed out Chrysler for THAT hideous thing to become reallity? Dang, call me niave, but I woulkda liked more for my money, like a new "retro" musclecar that gets 35 MPG and makes 400 HP with a single turbo V6...But, then again, that's just me.

dyslexic teddybear

Has anyone checked out the drivetrain of this thing? :scratchchin:

Definetly outside the Jeep box.

As I read it.......starts with a front wheel drive and adds a PTO like drive shaft to the rear. Lots of eletronic traction controls, etc. Not what I would call off road capable. I believe it can even park itself. Sounds pretty complicated to me.

I tend to like things simple. But then....I can drive, can park my own rig, so I don't need one.

Cooter

I wonder if this AWD unit is like the Ford unit where if ONE tire goes flat and you replace it with a new one, it makes a horrid noise as you really need to replace ALL four in order to keep the AWD drive units happy??

Isn't technology wonderful?

TUFCAT

So what if the target market is chicks and techno geeks...?  Auto companies need to keep up with competition on things like this!  :Twocents:

Cooter sure as hell is not the target market - so his opinions means nothing.

He shits on everything that isn't at least 20 years old. He doesn't buy new cars, and becomes a "cooter" whenever modern car technology comes up.

He's so"old school"....he's actually pre school.  Cooter's target market is people who love to drive [and repair] clapped out Flintstone mobiles.  NAPA is your friend.

You have no business talking shit about new cars that you don't understand.  :nono:

JB400

Quote from: TUFCAT on March 31, 2013, 12:48:56 AM
So what if the target market is chicks and techno geeks....you have to keep up with the competition on things like this.  :Twocents:

Cooter sure as hell is not the target market - so his opinion means nothing.

He shits on everything that isn't at least 20 years old and doesn't buy new cars and really becomes a "cooter" when he talks about modern car technology.

He's so"old school".... he's actually pre school.  He's a simple man who loves to drive [and repair] clapped out Flintstone mobiles.   
Does that mean you're sending him your Coronet? :D

TUFCAT

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on March 31, 2013, 01:04:27 AM

Please Justin. Don't get stupid on me.  :icon_smile_dissapprove:  We all know its way nicer than that. :D

JB400

Quote from: TUFCAT on March 31, 2013, 01:11:17 AM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on March 31, 2013, 01:04:27 AM

Please Justin. Don't get stupid on me.  :icon_smile_dissapprove:  We all know its way nicer than that :D
Used to be until someone wrecked it :whistling:

TUFCAT

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on March 31, 2013, 01:14:29 AM

Used to be until someone wrecked it :whistling:

Not funny....it was rear ended so don't go there. :spank:

JB400

Sorry Tuffy.  I'll go back to the doghouse.

Cooter

Ah Stroker, Pay no attention to Kittycat, as his opinions mean nothing. If you do not agree with him, he begins to act like a 3 Y/O an begins to insult everybody. At least Cooter can drive his 20 Y/O cars without getting..Ahem, rearended. He is a sheeple. He follows the croud. He does what people tell him too. He actually believes this thing looks great when the entire thread is obviously tilted towards..Wait for it.....Holy sh8t, could it be????Cooter's view of it?

:smilielol:

dyslexic teddybear

JMO.....

I'm not anti-tech......

I'm anti-DEPENDING on tech. At least in driving. The more you idiot proof a car.......the more people drive like idiots, depending on anti lock/stability control/collision avoidance.....instead of paying attention.

A while back....a Mercedes commercial for their collision avoidance.....showed a car coming up to the back of a semi trailer.....

A distinguished looking man says "I didn't even know the truck had stopped......[then smiling] but my car knew"

Wrong message. Wrong [expletive deleted] message.

So old school.......pre-school!!   I like that. I know just who I can use that on. Thanks.

JB400

It's getting tougher for people to learn from their mistakes.  They're getting too dependent on technology.  Even that is a mistake.  How many people would survive if the world all of a sudden went dark, and the electricity went off?  That smartphone ain't gonna do you much good.

JB400

Quote from: Cooter on March 31, 2013, 01:31:23 AM
Ah Stroker, Pay no attention to Kittycat, as his opinions mean nothing. If you do not agree with him, he begins to act like a 3 Y/O an begins to insult everybody. At least Cooter can drive his 20 Y/O cars without getting..Ahem, rearended. He is a sheeple. He follows the croud. He does what people tell him too. He actually believes this thing looks great when the entire thread is obviously tilted towards..Wait for it.....Holy sh8t, could it be????Cooter's view of it?

:smilielol:

Naw, I struck a nerve.  Tuffy isn't ready to laugh it off just yet.  He's still got a bad taste in his mouth, whether it's because he rear-ended or if he just took a piss while licking himself.  Either way, it's not a laughing matter at this point in time.  I'll just save that joke for a later time.

odcics2

Simple reason THIS thread may not like the new Jeep is that the targeted buyers have no clue this site exists.   
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

dyslexic teddybear

I think hitting a nerve is an understatement.

No matter the huge amount of time, effort, and $$$ to restore.......

There is no substitute for an original.

Tufcat handled it a LOT better then I could have.

JB400

Tuffy's just a cool cat all around :coolgleamA: :yesnod: