News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2014 Jeep

Started by JB400, February 23, 2013, 03:26:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB400

I don't like it.  I hope this isn't going to be the new direction for Chrysler products :eek2:  This is from Allpar:

The company wrote: "Set to debut at the New York International Auto Show in March, [with] even more best-in-class capability, exemplary on-road driving dynamics, and fuel economy improvements of more than 45% versus the [Liberty]."

While the basic shape and format of the Cherokee mule posted earlier are clearly still present in the revised version, there have been changes to increase the curb appeal of the new vehicle.  Some sources have told us to be ready for pleasant surprises on the off-road capabilities of the Trail Rated version; other sources have told us the opposite. Either way, with a 3.2 liter Pentastar V6 and nine-speed automatic, it should be a good on-road driver.

Cooter

Yep, looks an aweful lot like a Hyundai Santa-fe. Or whatever.  Oh well, I knew it wasn't long before "Fix-It-Again-Tony" gave their influence on American icons. Just wait till you see what they are planning for the new "Cuda"...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

DC_1

I don't think it looks that bad. At least it shows some style. The jeep liberty was boring.

Cooter

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Ghoste

There is at least one running around out in the Auburn Hills area, a buddy of mine sent me a bunch of pics he snapped on the freeway out by the Tech Center last week.

odcics2

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Best styling I've seen in some time.   I know some folks that are just waiting for it to hit the dealerships, cash in hand.     

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

ACUDANUT

what ever happened to the new jeep scrambler ? Pickup version.

TruckDriver

That is very gross looking YUK! Just like Ford going to the all Evo look styling. You couldn't give me that.  :eek2: :puke:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Cooter

Kinda looks like it smelled something bad... :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

JB400

I guess my problem with it is the headlights.  On these newer cars, headlights give it personality.  This thing has narrow slits and then what appears as a dual foglight setup.  I'd prefer a more traditional looking headlight setup.

I guess this thing is supposed to replace the Liberty.

TruckDriver

I love cars and trucks with a boxy look. I cant stand the arrow look at all.  :rotz:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

hatersaurusrex

Good lord that has soccer mommy all over it.   I'm still pissed at the fact that SUV's were taken over by women in the 90's.   I got passed by a Wrangler yesterday that had 'Silly Boys, Jeeps are for Girls' on the tire cover.   Really?    I love it when women are truly into cars, but the Jeep Estrogen Invasion is not that, it's co-opting something that used to be a man's domain in the name of 'Girl Power'.   I bought my CJ-7 and had my buddy tell me that I got a 'chick mobile'.    Really?   Didn't women used to be women, or am I crazy?
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

Ghoste

Well they make likely 80% or better of their own car buying choices and likely 70% of mens so...

JB400

Now, how many of you guys actually bought cars for yourself that your girl ended up taking over?  I see it all the time.  I've had buddies that buy Camaros  :eek2: and Mustangs :eek2: and within a week or so, thier gals ended up driving it instead of them.

FlatbackFanatic

That is one ugly Jeep!! :eek2: :eek2:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

chargerboy69

Ahhhh. . . nope, I will pass.

Jeep is a great line, I sure hope they do not F it up.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

odcics2

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on February 23, 2013, 12:34:09 PM
I guess my problem with it is the headlights.  On these newer cars, headlights give it personality.  This thing has narrow slits and then what appears as a dual foglight setup.  I'd prefer a more traditional looking headlight setup.

I guess this thing is supposed to replace the Liberty.

You do realize the headlights are right over the bumper, right??   Projector style...   :2thumbs:

Fred

Quote from: TruckDriver on February 23, 2013, 02:24:02 PM
I love cars and trucks with a boxy look. I cant stand the arrow look at all.  :rotz:

And that is exactly the reason I will never part with my '84 Ford Bronco.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

odcics2

Quote from: hatersaurusrex on February 23, 2013, 03:39:05 PM
Good lord that has soccer mommy all over it.   I'm still pissed at the fact that SUV's were taken over by women in the 90's.   I got passed by a Wrangler yesterday that had 'Silly Boys, Jeeps are for Girls' on the tire cover.   Really?    I love it when women are truly into cars, but the Jeep Estrogen Invasion is not that, it's co-opting something that used to be a man's domain in the name of 'Girl Power'.   I bought my CJ-7 and had my buddy tell me that I got a 'chick mobile'.    Really?   Didn't women used to be women, or am I crazy?

The original Liberty styling appealed to women.  Then, they squared it off and sales dropped.    Go figure...  :shruggy: 
If this new one appeals to women - great.   Hopefully, it'll make up for the previous "owners" mistakes.   
One of the goals is for world wide Jeep sales of a million units.  You can't do that catering only to 1/2 the species!!

Cooter

Wonder when auto designers are gonna learn....UGLY only sells to stupid people. Design cars that don't look like you were drunk when you penned the design and maybe, just maybe, they will sell regardless.

DC_1

Quote from: Cooter on February 24, 2013, 09:56:41 AM
Wonder when auto designers are gonna learn....UGLY only sells to stupid people. Design cars that don't look like you were drunk when you penned the design and maybe, just maybe, they will sell regardless.

Really????...seems a little harsh.

I think they are attempting to provide a variety of designs that appeal to people of different taste. Not just "stupid people"

Cooter

Quote from: DC_1(formerly Sydmoe) on February 24, 2013, 10:34:20 AM
Quote from: Cooter on February 24, 2013, 09:56:41 AM

Really????...seems a little harsh.

I think they are attempting to provide a variety of designs that appeal to people of different taste. Not just "stupid people"

You know the ones.....Will buy anything that's put in front of them, regardless if it looks like a pregnant elephant on meth. "Stupid"= IE: Sheeple who will tell themsleves that thing looks good, the entire time they are paying $600/month in payments.

bill440rt

I dunno...
I know a few stupid people that drive nice looking cars. And vice-versa.
:Twocents:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Budnicks

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on February 23, 2013, 03:26:39 AM
  I don't like it.  I hope this isn't going to be the new direction for Chrysler products :eek2:  This is from Allpar:

The company wrote: "Set to debut at the New York International Auto Show in March, [with] even more best-in-class capability, exemplary on-road driving dynamics, and fuel economy improvements of more than 45% versus the [Liberty]."

While the basic shape and format of the Cherokee mule posted earlier are clearly still present in the revised version, there have been changes to increase the curb appeal of the new vehicle.  Some sources have told us to be ready for pleasant surprises on the off-road capabilities of the Trail Rated version; other sources have told us the opposite. Either way, with a 3.2 liter Pentastar V6 and nine-speed automatic, it should be a good on-road driver.

I like the 2103 much better, I wonder if it will hurt the Jeep sales, Cherokee is a big seller, big share of the market too... But someone must have thought it was nice to actually make them... I think they do a research group to gauge that stuff before they produce new models... I just don't care too much for it thou... oh well, maybe 2015 will be better...LOL...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Cooter

Quote from: bill440rt on February 24, 2013, 02:00:56 PM
I dunno...
I know a few stupid people that drive nice looking cars. And vice-versa.
:Twocents:

Musta got lost in translation..........