News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Radiator for 69 R/T...is mine correct?

Started by RT, February 25, 2013, 08:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RT

Hi guys.

I am not up on all aspects of Mopar part numbers or interchangability so I thought that I would seek help here.

I have a 69 R/T radiator question. The radiator in my car is part number 2949053 (38086). I didn't measue it but it looks like a 22" radiator. It also has the line from/to the themostat on the driver's side. Every picture that I have seen of a 69 radiator looks like a 26" radiator and the outlet is on the passenger side.

The part number of mine was found on a site that showed that it is corect for a 69 B-body w/ 440 AUTO and heater.

Did the R/T's come with different radiators depending on production dates or could mine be a replacement that was done at one point in the life of the car?

Is it considered correct for the car or not? I am not doing a concourse resto, it is a driver/local show car. The current radiator performs well and appears original. It will just bug me if it is not correct and I will have to change it out.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Ralph

UFO

Yes ,That's one of the right numbers for a '69.
Build sheet will have the last couple digits printed on it.

charge69

If your Charger R/T originally came without A/C, your radiator is probably correct. A Charger R/T with A/C got a 26" radiator or a Hemi option or the max cooling package option also.

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

RT

Thanks!

Build sheet is MIA. Would it be on the fender tag?

Ralph

UFO

Quote from: RT on February 26, 2013, 05:39:23 AM
Thanks!

Build sheet is MIA. Would it be on the fender tag?

Ralph

Not the 22in.

hemi68charger

Yes, the "053" would be correct for your car if it was/is original equipped with 440, 727, no A/C and no axle package ( it came with a 8 3/4 and 3.23 gears ). Basically, this is standard issue R/T with no options...

Side note, if a car was ordered with the "no-extra cost" manual 4speed on the R/T, then the car would have come with a 3.54 Dana and then, a 26" radiator...

The 26" rad's came on cars equipped with A/C, a 4speed equipped car ( meaning it had at least a 3.54 Dana - hence axle package) and/or a 727 with an axle package ( like my Daytona with the Super High Performance axle package - 4.10 Dana ).

Also, a great reference is this mopar site..

http://www.mymopar.com  >> MyMopar tools/reference

http://www.mymopar.com/radiatorspecs.htm
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection