News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Corbeau GTS or Other Aftermarket Seats in a 2nd Gen - Need Opinions Please!

Started by bill440rt, February 12, 2013, 10:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill440rt

Well, I went ahead & did it. I picked up that set of Corbeau's I found locally. Got a VERY good deal on them. They are like brand new, shame to remove the covers & toss them but oh well. I'll try to post pics of them soon.

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on February 22, 2013, 08:09:22 AM
Hey Bill, have you researched the ledgendary modified originals? I've heard rumors of them building a bolstered foam kit and covers to match . Maybe not what your after,but I thought is throw it out there.

Hey Brian,
Well, I did call Legendary about making up a set of covers if I sent them ones from aftermarket seats so they could use them as templates. Their reply? "Nope."  :rotz: :icon_smile_dissapprove:
I couldn't understand why not. Then I asked them if they could sell me just the inserts from '69 seats. "We'll have to get back to you on that." Still waiting for a return call, been about a week.  :whistling:
I saw that they make custom covers for stock seats, but I haven't heard about a bolstered foam kit or anything like that. Might want to look into it.

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on February 21, 2013, 07:29:28 PM
Quote from: marshallfry01 on February 20, 2013, 04:45:31 PM
This is just me, but I don't like aftermarket seats at all in a charger. It just doesn't look right without the originals IMHO.

Stock seats look awesome but try taking a corner in them. You'll end up in the passenger seat or out the window.

This IS true. I LOVE the stock seats, but in this car I find myself hanging onto the steering wheel sometimes just to stay in the seat. I really like the stock seats, so maybe I can do something with the aftermarket seats to make them look more like stock.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

resq302

Bill,

Try giving my buddy Chris a call in upstate NY.  Im sure he can make up something as he makes up his own seat covers.   http://onlineupholsteryandmore.com/   Tell him I referred you and he should take care of you.  Plus he is a Mopar person.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

bill440rt

Thanks, Brian. I'll give 'em a shout along with my upholstery guy.  :cheers:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce