News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Title question MD/VA

Started by XH29N0G, February 20, 2013, 05:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XH29N0G

QUick question about a car my neighbor wants to sell to my son.  It is on the up and up, but the title is lost..  Additional questions four posts down - this has evolved and I need help.

Car originally titled in MD by neighbor
titled again in VA by neighbor's kid
Title lost.

Owner wants to sell to me in MD
Can this be retitled in MD without the VA title?

my thinking is that a Replacement Va title should be obtainable by neighbor's kid.  

Thoughts?  Advice?
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Mopar Nut

Quote from: XH29N0G on February 20, 2013, 05:56:24 PM
QUick question about a car my neighbor wants to sell to my son.  It is on the up and up, but the title is lost..

Car originally titled in MD by neighbor
titled again in VA by neighbor's kid
Title lost.

Owner wants to sell to me in MD
Can this be retitled in MD without the VA title?

my thinking is that a Replacement Va title should be obtainable by neighbor's kid. 

Thoughts?  Advice?
I went through this same thing 22 yrs ago when I lived in Va. You are right, the kid must get a lost title from Va. very easy.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

XH29N0G

I have more information.  My neighbor does not think his kid will come through with the title - even though it is a painless online process. 

Are there other options that are more involved?  My impression is just that the kid does not want to put in the effort to do this.

Or maybe it protects us. 

Nwcharger

in oregon all you need is a hand written bill of sale from the registered owner/title holder selling the car to you.
1969 coronet wagon

XH29N0G

I need some help on this.  Please

I need help in knowing if there is a way to get a title on a car where one does not exist?

It has been 2 months and no movement on the title from my neighbors kid (late 40's).  I do not think she intends to get the title to sign over.  :eek2: I believe I can get her to sign a bill of sale and think something may be up.  My neighbor says he will ship the car to the junk yard if she will not sign the title, but the car runs, has passed inspection, and I would like to have it.

Here is what I know about the car:  The car was last titled in Va and is now in Md.  I know it was originally in Md with my neighbor (from the early 1980's to the mid 1990's) and then in Va where his daughter had the title.  We have most of the old registration forms, but no title.

Please any information on this will help.

Or maybe it protects us. 

Alaskan_TA

She owns the car until she signs the title over, so any help needs to come from her even if you need to motivate her to do it.

Offer her $100.00 for her time plus the fee to get it done maybe?

71charger_fan

I don't think a reputable junkyard will take a car without a title. I had to sawzall up what was left of a Shelby Charger parts car years ago and get rid of it a little bit at a time because the guy I bought it from had lost the title.

When I bought my '71, the guy I bought it from added "Jr" to his signature. It didn't say "Jr" on the title, so Maryland rejected it. I had to wait for him to get a clean title from Nebraska before I could title it in Maryland.

XH29N0G

Thanks.  This answers my question.

Or maybe it protects us. 

Cooter

Although, I did this on Christine and got a Va. Title in about 30 days with no problems, Get ready for Va. to put you through the works on getting that title.

MUST HAVE A CLEAR Va. TITLE BEFORE It can be sold. Period. MD is alot like Va. on this.
You must fill out a Va. VSA 12 Form. Basically, after doing this, the DMV in Va. will do what's called a "tilte search" to see if any outstanding owners are still registered. IF so, you MUST GIVE THEM 30 DAYS TO CLAIM THEIR CAR!! After this period, and no claims are made, then it all boils down to one single person (A woman in my case), that if she/he gets up on the wrong side of the bed that morning, you ain't gettin a title.

Not that hard to do, but be prepared.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"