News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Accurate Mufflers Hemi vs Magnum

Started by WINGIN IT, February 08, 2013, 07:39:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WINGIN IT

Need to get a new exhaust system, was going to go stock so Accurate was my choice.
They offer 2 mufflers, "Hemi" and "Magnum" for an extra 50 bucks.

Anyone have any experience with either?
The site says the Hemi are "hi flow" , are the Magnums not?
Do they sound different?

Also , are the stainless steel tips worth it or just go with stock?
TIA

DixieRestoParts

Several years back I bought a stock system from them with the hemi mufflers. I think they sound fine for a stock sound. You would probably want to call them to see if they have a sound bite on the magnum, but different engine combo's will have different sounds.

On the stainless tips, they told me that today's gas will eat up chrome tips. So, I went with the stainless. I guess they are ok, but then how much time do you really spend looking at tips? My car probably has less than a thousand miles on it since 2005, so, it's not like it's a daily driver.

Here's a short clip of my car running H-pipe, hemi mufflers. 11.5:1 compression, stock everything else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9mMUUexhAw
Dixie Restoration Parts
Ball Ground, Georgia
Phone: (770) 975-9898
Phone Hours: M-F 10am-6pm EST
mail@dixierestorationparts.com
Veteran owned small business

The Best Parts at a Fair Price

Old Tired Rebel

Just 6T9 CHGR

I have run Accurate's Hemi muffler as well as their louder High Flow Hemi muffler.  No experience with their new Magnum style one though.

Nice tone difference between reg Hemi & high flow style.   a bit deeper & louder

Recently took them off for some more volume though and went with Dynomax Ultraflow's (wound up with a bit of a drone....fixed with resonators)

SS tips are a nice touch IMHO

A few clips in this link

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,90603.0.html
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

WINGIN IT

Thanks for the feedback guys and the soundbites were helpful  :2thumbs:

DixieRestoParts

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on February 08, 2013, 05:28:37 PM
I have run Accurate's Hemi muffler as well as their louder High Flow Hemi muffler.  No experience with their new Magnum style one though.

Nice tone difference between reg Hemi & high flow style.   a bit deeper & louder

Recently took them off for some more volume though and went with Dynomax Ultraflow's (wound up with a bit of a drone....fixed with resonators)

SS tips are a nice touch IMHO

A few clips in this link

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,90603.0.html

Nice. I always wondered what resonator's would sound like on a 440.  :2thumbs:
Dixie Restoration Parts
Ball Ground, Georgia
Phone: (770) 975-9898
Phone Hours: M-F 10am-6pm EST
mail@dixierestorationparts.com
Veteran owned small business

The Best Parts at a Fair Price

resq302

Don't know how accurate of a system you are looking for but if you want a dead to nuts system, ECS is now about to release their complete exhaust system line I heard.  I would give them a call and see.    http://ecsautomotive.com/  

Regarding the exhaust tips,  I have had stock chrome ones on my charger since 2000.  I have had ZERO issues with being "eaten up" by today's gas. 

There is also a nice thread over on the sister site (cuda-challenger.com) on the exhaust systems.  http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=89447.0
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

twodko

I have a complete magnum exhaust from accurate and have no complaints. :Twocents:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Mopar Nut

Quote from: twodko on February 11, 2013, 12:08:02 AM
I have a complete magnum exhaust from accurate and have no complaints. :Twocents:
Great bunch of people.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

ECS

Quote from: resq302 on February 10, 2013, 11:44:58 PM
Don't know how accurate of a system you are looking for but if you want a dead to nuts system, ECS is now about to release their complete exhaust system line I heard.  I would give them a call and see.    http://ecsautomotive.com/  

Here are a few pics of our new B Body Mufflers.  They are assembly Line correct and (exclusively) licensed by Chrysler.  This is what you would have received in 1969-1970 from the Chrysler Corporation.

TIME WILL INEVITABLY UNCOVER DISHONESTY AND LIES!

69_500

Dave what is the price range on your exhaust system? I could use a complete assembly for my 69 Charger 500

ECS

Quote from: 69_500 on February 11, 2013, 06:40:48 PM
Dave what is the price range on your exhaust system? I could use a complete assembly for my 69 Charger 500

We have to finish a few odds & ends but the complete systems will be around $1900 - $2000.  This includes everything from the exhaust manifolds to the rear of the car EXCEPT for the Tips.  We have not yet made every style Tip to accommodate the Market.  We are close to having all head-pipes, hangers, clamps and mufflers available for most 8 cylinder E & B Body cars.  Here are some photos of our E Body components:

E Body Mufflers - Prototype

E Body Mufflers - Prototype

E Body Resonator

Mopar Nut

Quote from: ECS on February 12, 2013, 12:42:25 AM
Quote from: 69_500 on February 11, 2013, 06:40:48 PM

We have to finish a few odds & ends but the complete systems will be around $1900 - $2000.  This includes everything from the exhaust manifolds to the rear of the car EXCEPT for the Tips.  We have not yet made every style Tip to accommodate the Market.  We are close to having all head-pipes, hangers, clamps and mufflers available for most 8 cylinder E & B Body cars.  Here are some photos of our E Body components:

Will you be offering stainless steel?
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

ECS

Quote from: Mopar Nut on February 12, 2013, 12:51:39 AM
Will you be offering stainless steel?

We will offer natural (original) metal Head pipes & H-pipes along with aluminized versions for those who plan on driving their vehicles.  Other than that variation, we are keeping the systems as Assembly Line correct as possible.  We do not have plans for offering stainless steel versions.

WINGIN IT

So what kind of exhaust / mufflers do Gardner have?
They also tout factory correct exhaust systems...  :yesnod:

resq302

Gardners had been the closest (yet not dead on) in original appearance until ECS came out with their new line.  Gardner was better than Accurate, however, you were paying close to twice the price for Gardner's system than Accurate's.  From what I have seen for ECS, theirs is dead nuts on (just like everything else they do).   :2thumbs:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

ECS

Quote from: resq302 on February 17, 2013, 03:57:45 PM
Gardners had been the closest (yet not dead on) in original appearance until ECS came out with their new line.  Gardner was better than Accurate, however, you were paying close to twice the price for Gardner's system than Accurate's.  From what I have seen for ECS, theirs is dead nuts on (just like everything else they do).   :2thumbs:

Someone had emailed a question about the inlet and outlets being spot welded in a previous picture.  Those were the prototypes and are NOT like the ones that we will be offering.  Our B Body Mufflers were formatted from Assembly Line examples and are Factory correct!

472 R/T SE

All those sellers' on ebay with their original exhaust they've been peddling for outrageous amounts better hurry & dump it while they can.

Sure is nice to have Dave on our side.  (Mopar)