News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My first "whats it worth"?????????

Started by mopar_man, February 20, 2013, 08:35:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopar_man

A friend of mine got a 69 charger R/T for sale . All original sheet metal with no repairs or bondo . One paint 27 years ago . original red interior right down to carpet and flawless. numbers matching drivetrain  440 , auto , a power window power seat car , am/fm with 8 track. The only options that this car don't have is sun roof and power trunk lock. There maybe more but you get an idea . its an A4 color with vinyl roof.
Where should a reasonable price for this car be ? is it a $30k- $40k- $50k car or higher. Car has not been restore nor do it need to be according to the owner who BTW knows his cars .
Any suggestions  as I may pull the trigger and be back driving in the  mopar world rather than watching from the sidewalk .  :cheers:

1974dodgecharger

well you say he knows his cars which means he probably knows the value?  Did you ask him how much he thinks its worth?

mopar_man

He never said what he thinks its worth , he said what he would sell it to me for ...in the $45k area . I have been out of the buying loop for more than 10 years since i sold my Coronet , hence why i am asking is this price fair and reasonable . Thanks for your reply BTW . :cheers:

69 OUR/TEA

There was never a power seat in these cars,so scratch that option.You say it has every oprion except sunroof and power trunk lock,again,never a power trunk lock either.
So instead,list the rare options it does have for us like:

cruise control ?
rocker moldings ?
luggage rack ?
hood treatment ?
hood pins ?
early car, headrests ?  etc,etc,etc

Paint 27 years ago,so it's not a survivor,and  would be average paint job at best by todays standards.Orig sheetmetal,#'s matching,mint orig red interior is a def plus.Orig suspension/underneath/eng bay means it's a driver quality.

Would need pics to see how nice the car is to offer a more accurate estimate,but at $45k,sounds a couple bucks high to me.Just my  :Twocents:

tan top

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on February 20, 2013, 09:25:47 AM
There was never a power seat in these cars,so scratch that option.You say it has every oprion except sunroof and power trunk lock,again,never a power trunk lock either.
So instead,list the rare options it does have for us like:

cruise control ?
rocker moldings ?
luggage rack ?
hood treatment ?
hood pins ?
early car, headrests ?  etc,etc,etc

Paint 27 years ago,so it's not a survivor,and  would be average paint job at best by todays standards.Orig sheetmetal,#'s matching,mint orig red interior is a def plus.Orig suspension/underneath/eng bay means it's a driver quality.

Would need pics to see how nice the car is to offer a more accurate estimate,but at $45k,sounds a couple bucks high to me.Just my  :Twocents:

:yesnod: :coolgleamA: :iagree:
 sounds like a nice charger   :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:! but really need to see car in person , &  or a load of good pictures of everyrhing   :scope: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

mopar_man

I haven't seen the car , i am only going by what the gentleman told me over the phone last night . i thought he said it had power windows and power seats but i could have been mistaken as  i was trying to absorb all the info . I know it has air, rocker mouldings, wheel well mouldings , fender mounted turn signals . As to what its like other than that , i'll have to wait to see it and get a host of pics.
So you guys are saying $45 is over the top and maybe $35 is more in the ball park ? Thanks for the replies .

maxwellwedge

A/C is a big "I'll pass" for me in a muscle car......but then again - we have 7 months of winter and 5 months of bad skiing..... :lol:

imabozo

Saw the car in person. It does have power windows. I think it had six way adjustable (manual) seats. It is in great shape. Nice car.

PocketThunder

You can use my car as a guide.  I bought my car 3 years ago and its and original paint 69R/T, original engine numbers matching everything, etc...  I paid $20,000 in 2009.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Homerr

Quote from: maxwellwedge on February 20, 2013, 10:53:04 AM
A/C is a big "I'll pass" for me in a muscle car......but then again - we have 7 months of winter and 5 months of bad skiing..... :lol:

A/C is also a window defogger! 

marshallfry01

When I get a charger A/C will be a must.  These Arkansas summers are a living hell! :brickwall:  And I would agree with the $30-35k. Anything less than that would be a deal if the car is as nice as you say.  :cheers: Just my  :Twocents:
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

Dino

If this car is really that nice that it's a survivor and it has those option, I'd say you're in the $40K range.  That's not an everyday find.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

bakerhillpins

Where is this car located? Availability drives price just as much as anything else.

Quote from: PocketThunder on February 20, 2013, 11:10:31 AM
You can use my car as a guide.  I bought my car 3 years ago and its and original paint 69R/T, original engine numbers matching everything, etc...  I paid $20,000 in 2009.

I still say you got a deal on that car. I don't think it is a good representation of actual market value.  :Twocents:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Dino on February 20, 2013, 11:59:40 AM
If this car is really that nice that it's a survivor and it has those option, I'd say you're in the $40K range.  That's not an everyday find.

rare options thats for sure....

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: bakerhillpins on February 20, 2013, 12:16:14 PM
Where is this car located? Availability drives price just as much as anything else.

I still say you got a deal on that car. I don't think it is a good representation of actual market value.  :Twocents:

I agree...

NHCharger

:iamwithstupid:

If I remember your thread the car was poorly advertised on ebay.
If this car is truely that nice I don't think 40k is unreasonable. When Bryan was trying to buy a 68 R/T out of NY that needed some work it ended up on ebay and the seller got 34k for it.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

khodne

:iagree:
Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on February 20, 2013, 12:18:28 PM

I agree...

mopar_man

Quote from: imabozo on February 20, 2013, 11:04:30 AM
Saw the car in person. It does have power windows. I think it had six way adjustable (manual) seats. It is in great shape. Nice car.

Thanks Ima bozo , , you saw the car so you have an idea whats its like and it does have power windows ?  ?  So whats your honest opinion on the car as you just purchased his 70 ?

PocketThunder

Yes, i agree, i got a great deal.  Take my car then and add 75%.   :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

imabozo

I'm more inclined to agree with Dino at the $40k range. Throw in the low supply factor in Newfoundland and potential savings in shipping from finding a car off the island, and the $45k is not that bad. The car is in immaculate shape. No work required. The owner seems meticulous in his car of classic cars. I bought his '70 because that was my preference, but if I preferred '69's I would have bought that one. I doubt you'll find a nicer '69 in Newfoundland anytime soon. It always comes down to balancing your budget with your expectations in your timeframe. I say giver 'er. Drive out and take a look. You'll be leaving with a new car.

skip68

I agree at $45,000.   I was basing off this car being in the U.S.  but since it's overseas that makes a huge difference in price.   That being said, $45,000 is probably a fair price then.    Good luck.      :2thumbs:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

imabozo

Hey MoparMan, any news on this? Did you check out the car?

mopar_man

I was talking to Gord and he said he had it for sale on the bay . It is supposedly sold  But the guy from Okla. haven't deposited any money into his acct. yet, I am still waiting for a reply from Gord but its probably gone . Unfortunately I didn't know any of his cars were for sale or I would have been over to have a look .

ACUDANUT

Today's market is still weak.  Seems like everything is cut in half. 25K is a reasonable price.