News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Members in fl. do you guys have "antique" plates and how much are they?

Started by AKcharger, February 19, 2013, 01:57:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKcharger

I was pondering my inevitable move to fl. as I get old and was looking over prices for plates and stuff...it;s like $400 a car to swap title, register and get plates! do they give antiques a break? Up here in AK Antique car is $10 registration/plate for the life of the car.

Thanks

hatersaurusrex

Plates here are ridiculous.   When I brought my F150 down from TN, it was 425 dollars to do a title transfer and tags.     The out-of-state title transfer was 200 bucks of that.   My wife's caliber was almost the same amount.   Apparently if your car doesn't have a Florida title and it's the first time you're registering it, they charge a handy 200something dollar fee.

I bought a CJ7 back in November and gave 4700 bucks for it.    Tax and tags cost me over 700 dollars.   Not a typo.   And this was a car that came from Florida so it already had a FL title.   Granted that was for regular tags, but...

When my wife got a 71 VW last summer she put antiques on it and the they were only about 60 bucks.   However you'll probably have to do the same 'Florida Title Transfer' we did since you're coming from out of state, so I'd expect them to push 300 bucks all in.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.    I've spent over 2,000 on tags for my cars/bike tags in the last year, so I feel your pain.    Back in TN I'd be out maybe 250 for all of them together.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

AKcharger

Thanks, I grew up in Port Richey and I'm sure ill be back there one day...just trying to make a plan.

Thanks

4cruzin

Good question as I'm thinking about buying a second home in Florida this year . . . .  :2thumbs:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Dino

Quote from: 4cruzin on March 01, 2013, 12:08:09 PM
Good question as I'm thinking about buying a second home in Florida this year . . . .  :2thumbs:

If it's a second home would you be able to keep your Michigan registration?  I don't know if it'll save you money due to our no fault insurance but worth looking into.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

4cruzin

Quote from: Dino on March 01, 2013, 12:22:19 PM
Quote from: 4cruzin on March 01, 2013, 12:08:09 PM

If it's a second home would you be able to keep your Michigan registration?  I don't know if it'll save you money due to our no fault insurance but worth looking into.

I have no idea . . . we have no fault insurance here as well.  Things I need to check into. 
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .