News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

High lift Solid roller cams on the street.

Started by Cooter, February 03, 2013, 06:03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldschool

quote:   "the Isky's can take a lickin' and won't start tickin !"

good one ron :lol: :lol:. isky should use that as their slogan, and kick you some $$$ or maybe lifters for life.... ;)
1968 cuda formula S bb 4-sp                          1968 Charger R/T 500" 4-sp
1970 Charger 580" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
TOO MUCH HORSEPOWER, IS ALMOST ENOUGH!

fy469rtse

Quote from: green69rt on February 04, 2013, 09:39:19 AM
I've been thinking about my engine build and this thread brings up some questions in my mind.  SO a roller hydraulic cam would be good for a street engine that will be driven 2-3000 miles a year and have good reliabilty (better than a regular hydraulic cam???)   Or would I just be wasting money on the roller setup??   Mild 440 with headers.
Iv'just finished building my motor , its a solid roller, will be inspecting it regulary for any sign of wear, if so the fall back will be to the hydrallic roller, it's what every modern motor runs, you will be fine , put it into focus , you are running a hydrallic cam shaft, the adding the protection of rollerizing the typical wear point , just dont go over board on the lift mainly  , love your patience and your work, compared to you my rust work was easy,better lift , roller is able to cope with larger fifts,   just do your home work for all the combined workings

johnnyseville

In the old days, we just had Isky, Crane and Racer Brown.  Most of these others like Comp were not even around, though nowadays they are supposedly the hot names.  After checking around all the setups available for the Hemi at least, I will certainly go with Isky again.  They have great grinds, and those EZ lifters seem to be the best.   Can't wait until I find something to build again.
too many to list!

fy469rtse

Quote from: green69rt on February 04, 2013, 09:39:19 AM
I've been thinking about my engine build and this thread brings up some questions in my mind.  SO a roller hydraulic cam would be good for a street engine that will be driven 2-3000 miles a year and have good reliabilty (better than a regular hydraulic cam???)   Or would I just be wasting money on the roller setup??   Mild 440 with headers.
no your not eating your time, all modern engines run some sort of handrails roller set up , larger lifts an less wear with the roller set up, and hydraulic benefits of maintenance go ahead I look forward to seeing this car finished .