News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cant get any cheaper?

Started by 1974dodgecharger, February 19, 2013, 12:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1974dodgecharger

I did post a cheaper charge awhile back that did ran and someone bought it, but heres another with some little work you could get it running  :shruggy:

http://corpuschristi.craigslist.org/cto/3627017356.html

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Cooter

"1968 Dodge Charger. $3999 As Is. Not running. 383 was rebuilt shortly before I bought it )<1000 miles). I've put less than 100 miles on the car. Has sat for 10 years. Rust as shown in pictures. Transmission and engine ran great. Transmission will need to be serviced, pan gasket has failed. Needs brake work. Needs alignment. Needs carburetor rebuilt. Missing air filter. Keys won't turn ignition switch or door locks. Console cracked. AC doesn't work. Odometer puts it at 5000 miles (more like 105000). Battery dead. 3 new tires. Will need to be hauled. Starter does turn engine. Call 361-434-0236. For more photos, click here: http://www.ianokeefe.com/2013/02/18/103/ "

Hmmmmm....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

1BAD68

Man that would be on MY trailer if I was close to it!
That would make someone such a nice start into the hobby.

skip68

That's a great deal.   Will be gone within a day or so. 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

moparstuart

Quote from: skip68 on February 19, 2013, 09:16:22 AM
That's a great deal.   Will be gone within a day or so. 
:yesnod: :yesnod: yup would part out for more then double that
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

duanesterrr

I am interested in this car but am in Omaha, NE.  Anybody here willing to trailer it up here for me?  For a cost of course.

Daytona R/T SE

So...

Who's going to offer half the asking price?

CASH !!!!!!

PocketThunder

Quote from: Cooter on February 19, 2013, 07:32:19 AM
"1968 Dodge Charger. $3999 As Is. Not running. 383 was rebuilt shortly before I bought it )<1000 miles). I've put less than 100 miles on the car. Has sat for 10 years. Rust as shown in pictures. Transmission and engine ran great. Transmission will need to be serviced, pan gasket has failed. Needs brake work. Needs alignment. Needs carburetor rebuilt. Missing air filter. Keys won't turn ignition switch or door locks. Console cracked. AC doesn't work. Odometer puts it at 5000 miles (more like 105000). Battery dead. 3 new tires. Will need to be hauled. Starter does turn engine. Call 361-434-0236. For more photos, click here: http://www.ianokeefe.com/2013/02/18/103/ "

Hmmmmm....

I wonder if it comes with a title...... that matches the vin.....   :scratchchin:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Based on the front glass, it also spent time in Virginia, as I see state/county decals for inspection and tax.

Looks like a great buy, for what it is...

lukedukem

Quote from: duanesterrr on February 19, 2013, 10:27:12 AM
I am interested in this car but am in Omaha, NE.  Anybody here willing to trailer it up here for me?  For a cost of course.

i live in victoria, which is about an hour away. i will check it out for you if you want, but it will be sat or sun. maybe. i won't be able to trailer it. i got mine shipped by a contractor and it was about 900 bucks.
this goes for any of yall.
i might just go any way and report the findings.
got a shutdown going on at work, and might work this weekend. i'll find out friday :eek2:
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

duanesterrr

I sent an email and will follow up with a phone call this afternoon.  Thanks for the offer to take a look at it.  I could take Friday off and make the drive, grab a uhaul, and trailer it back myself.

I am concerned that "Keys won't turn ignition switch or door locks" Is this an easy fix by a locksmith or what?

skip68

You can buy a new ignition switch and door locks at Autozone cheap.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Cooter

Quote from: duanesterrr on February 19, 2013, 11:55:41 AM
I sent an email and will follow up with a phone call this afternoon.  Thanks for the offer to take a look at it.  I could take Friday off and make the drive, grab a uhaul, and trailer it back myself.

I am concerned that "Keys won't turn ignition switch or door locks" Is this an easy fix by a locksmith or what?
You gotta wonder WHY? Not nessesarily how to get aorund the problem.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

ACUDANUT

I'd have those plates run (by a cop) to see if it belongs to that Charger...I am thinking it is stolen ?

1carcrazyguy

I lived in Portland Texas which is a small town for 5 years.  We moved a couple of years ago but had seen the car sitting.  The car was stored less than 2 blocks from the water (Gulf of Mexico).  I think if the car were media blasted, there would not be much left of it.   :Twocents:   Decent price but also there is a lot of work to be done.   

Dino

Guys this is not a car that can be made to run in an afternoon.  You'll end up falling through it.  The rust is bad enough to call this one toast.  Unless it's a real rare car I'd treat it as a parts car because by the time you have taken it apart it's going to turn into a heap of dust.  Turbin this is your cue!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

duanesterrr

Ouch... I have heard some horror stories of cars next to the ocean.  I appreciate the info.

Mopar Nut

It's sold, I just talked to the seller.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Dino

Quote from: duanesterrr on February 19, 2013, 03:44:59 PM
Ouch... I have heard some horror stories of cars next to the ocean.  I appreciate the info.

That and the fact that these cars were poorly protected from the start makes it a likely scrap candidate.  If you're only an hour away I suggest you go look at it but I don't know if it's something you would want to buy.  I'd grab it if it was a bit cheaper but I honestly don't see a $4K car there.  The carb is in the car and the manifold seems to be wide open.  Sitting for 10 years huh?

Dino

Quote from: Mopar Nut on February 19, 2013, 03:47:35 PM

I sure hope the buyer knows what he's doing.

1carcrazyguy

Quote from: Dino on February 19, 2013, 03:49:30 PM
Quote from: Mopar Nut on February 19, 2013, 03:47:35 PM

I sure hope the buyer knows what he's doing.

Yep....this blurry pic is from about 3 years ago....notice the rear 1/4 looks cleaner back then.  Ocean water is not good for metal.

1BAD68

Yikes! from that to this in 3 years?

Dino

At least it has a new tire!   :D

1carcrazyguy

Quote from: 1BAD68 on February 19, 2013, 04:23:52 PM
Yikes! from that to this in 3 years?

Sitting out in the open less than 2 blocks from the Gulf of Mexico....yep!  Salt film coats everything sitting out.  You could wash your car in the morning and have to use the washer fluid after work to get the salt film off the windshield.   :brickwall: