News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Can anyone identify these seats?

Started by Dino, February 18, 2013, 01:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

Supposedly mopar but not sure which one.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Ghoste

Dino

Quote from: Ghoste on February 19, 2013, 07:26:04 AM
A C-body? :shruggy:

I don't know, they look a bit more sporty than a c-body seat but then again, I don't know much about c bodies to begin with.  I found out that the passenger seat reclines, although in the pic I think it may have reclined a bit too far.   :lol:

Ghoste

I've seen C-bodies with buckets but it is admittedly rare. 

Dino

Found it, they're out of a 68 Imperial.  I guess they usually come with a bench but these are the bucket option. 

They're 6 way power seats and the passenger seat reclines.  How hard can it be to use the frame in the Charger?

Now...what are these worth?   :scratchchin:

kab69440

I bet you'd be hard-pressed to get 400-$500 out of 'em. Might as well keep the cool stuff for you car and dump the rest.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Dino

Quote from: kab69440 on February 19, 2013, 11:30:32 AM
I bet you'd be hard-pressed to get 400-$500 out of 'em. Might as well keep the cool stuff for you car and dump the rest.

They're not mine but I'm thinking of buying them to use the guts on my own seats.  Seller is asking $250 and comes with extra motor and solenoid but he has no clue if they still work.  I guess that's a good price but a bit more than I'm willing to pay.

70 sublime

I had a set out of an older Dodge that I tried in my 69 Charger
They were way too wide
Make sure you measure where the bolts go down through the floor on your car seats to see if these one are the same width
Would not be easy to make these power seats narrower
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Dino

Quote from: 70 sublime on February 19, 2013, 03:31:10 PM
I had a set out of an older Dodge that I tried in my 69 Charger
They were way too wide
Make sure you measure where the bolts go down through the floor on your car seats to see if these one are the same width
Would not be easy to make these power seats narrower

True, that would be hard to do and I'm pretty sure it'll be wider than mine but I wouldn't be using any of the actual seat, just the frame on the bottom.  It'll need cutting and welding no doubt, that's why I don't want to spend too much.

kab69440

I'll bet you $1 your seats will bolt directly onto those power units. For $250, I'd grab them!  I'll give you $50 for the headrests and hardware out of the seatbacks.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Dino

Quote from: kab69440 on February 19, 2013, 03:48:16 PM
I'll bet you $1 your seats will bolt directly onto those power units. For $250, I'd grab them!

You have a dollar???  Dammit I'm in the wrong business.

Even if they don't bolt up, it shouldn't be crazy hard to make them fit. 

I'll pay him a visit with a battery and see what works.  If all moves I may just get them.

My car is getting more options than a c-barge!   :2thumbs:

kab69440

WANT TO BUY:

Thank you,    Kenny

Dino

Quote from: kab69440 on February 19, 2013, 03:53:09 PM
Yours and mine both...

Well, seeing as your charger is a 66-7-8-9-70...it probably has a few more options than mine.   :icon_smile_big:

Ghoste

Dino

Ghoste

One piece at a time.  It's some novelty song he did about a Cadillac being made from parts the guy stole from the factory over a period of years.

Dino

Quote from: Ghoste on February 20, 2013, 08:03:06 AM
One piece at a time.  It's some novelty song he did about a Cadillac being made from parts the guy stole from the factory over a period of years.

Ah!  Yes it's kinda like that but without the stealing.   :icon_smile_big: