News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Door locks and Ignition

Started by lukedukem, February 20, 2013, 03:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lukedukem

i never really had to lock my doors on my car because i keep it in my shop locked up. i never leave it unatended either. but i went to lock the doors and when i closed them the locks poped back up... when i put the key in the door to try to manuall lock it its a PITA to turn it and the passenger is the same. if i lock it from the inside then use the key i can lock the car up. but is the popping up normal. i know the hard to turn isn't... plus my ignition is tricky to get to turn also... sometimes it turns then it won't. what do you gusy think. should i put in a new set along with an ignition. its all original locks and ignition and the keys... IDK... thoughts

luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

kab69440

You have to hold the doorhandle button in when you close the door.  It is supposed to make it more difficult to lock your keys in the car. A liberal application of graphite powder should work wonders on those tumblers.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

lukedukem

Quote from: kab69440 on February 20, 2013, 04:35:46 PM
You have to hold the doorhandle button in when you close the door.  It is supposed to make it more difficult to lock your keys in the car. A liberal application of graphite powder should work wonders on those tumblers.

:2thumbs: thank you, my good man. i'll give that a try.
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC