News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Numbers Matching Restored White '70 Charger R/T 440

Started by imabozo, February 18, 2013, 11:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imabozo

Hi Folks,

After years of dreaming, I finally bought a Charger!

Since I'm still a little new year, I'll give you some background. My father had a blue '69 383 Charger back in the seventies that he sold when he got married. It was later wrecked and scrapped. It wasn't until I was in high school and I found a few polaroids of the car that I fell in love with Chargers. I've been dreaming of Chargers ever since (15 years), chasing them down in traffic to get a better glimpse, drooling at car shows etc.

The dream has always been on the backburner due to school, marriage and life in general, but two and a half years ago my father was killed in a workplace accident and my outlook on life changed. You can't always put your dreams aside for another day. As clichéd as it sounds, tomorrow isn't guaranteed. So, for the past two years, I have been saving money and looking for a car. I was prepared to travel from Newfoundland to the states to bring a car back, but a few weeks ago, I found the car only 10 minutes from my house.

It's a restored, numbers matching, white '70 Charger R/T 440, Auto, Console, AC, PS, PB. It has a green interior, leather buckets, green bumblebee stripe and green hood callouts. The fender tag is matched except for the addition of the six pack carbs/intake, hood callouts and hood pins.

When I signed the paperwork this weekend, I almost threw up I was that excited. Can't wait until the spring now. Unfortunately, the car will sit in storage until the snow and salt is gone, so I don't have great pics yet, but I'll try and post a few.

Beep Beep Dave

'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

polywideblock

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

71green go

Love it...is that where its stored now or is that your garage?...........I am jealous love the 70 chargers ( I love them all LOL)
Where are you located?
steve

charge69

Beautiful Charger and welcome here. I bet summer cannot get here soon enough for you! I think that is the first Charger I have ever seen with green callouts, interior and stripe. It looks a lot better than I thought it would. Again, congrats on a beautiful Charger.

duanesterrr

sweet car.  Somebody knew what they were doing when they ordered that!

68X426

Quote from: duanesterrr on February 18, 2013, 12:50:44 PM
sweet car.  Somebody knew what they were doing when they ordered that!

Agreed x2. I'm jealous.  :2thumbs:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

RIDELIKEHELL

When I first was looking for a Charger I beleive that one was in Ontario somewhere for sale? Tilsonburg? Back in 2005 ?
I totally agree with your goal of getting the car you wanted after realizing life is short  :2thumbs:
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

bakerhillpins

:2thumbs:  Good for you. Mine is in storage right now and it's killing me.

Great looking car BTW.  :coolgleamA:

Welcome to the site! Hope you find the time to contribute often. We like pics!  :drool5:
:wave: 
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

imabozo

Quote from: 71green go on February 18, 2013, 12:21:53 PM
Love it...is that where its stored now or is that your garage?...........I am jealous love the 70 chargers ( I love them all LOL)
Where are you located?
steve

It's stored at the previous owners until the spring. Too much snow/salt in Newfoundland to move it. He has a few more cars stored that are in the way, so he'd have to move a few to get mine out. Gives me some time to prepare my garage...

imabozo

Quote from: RIDELIKEHELL on February 18, 2013, 01:07:25 PM
When I first was looking for a Charger I beleive that one was in Ontario somewhere for sale? Tilsonburg? Back in 2005 ?
I totally agree with your goal of getting the car you wanted after realizing life is short  :2thumbs:

I'm told the car was orginally from Ontario, not sure where. It was restored about that time and moved to BC before heading to Newfoundland a few years ago.

On another note, I did some work in Tilsonburg back in 2004/5. I worked with Hydro One (based in London) installing a new transformer at the substation. I still have beer glasses from the 2005 Otterville car show and 2005 Moparfest. Small world.

RIDELIKEHELL

That is the car for sure! Who could forget that combo but I remember the owner had added the 6 pack setup. I have the bookmark for the page of the ad on a computer her at work so I will see if it still has the pictures on the web page. Congrats! I'm about 40 minutes from London near Forest Ontario. Where in NF are you?
AMD POSTER BOY

mopar_man

Another Newfoundland member . What part of the island are you . If your on the East Coast , you probably know who I am .
Great car BTW , I'm still looking for something Just haven't made up my mind . :cheers:

imabozo

Quote from: RIDELIKEHELL on February 18, 2013, 02:58:22 PM
That is the car for sure! Who could forget that combo but I remember the owner had added the 6 pack setup. I have the bookmark for the page of the ad on a computer her at work so I will see if it still has the pictures on the web page. Congrats! I'm about 40 minutes from London near Forest Ontario. Where in NF are you?

Nice. Send over whatever you have. I'm from Labrador City, but just moved to Bay Roberts.

I'm a Habs fan, but have a soft spot for the Hawks. They're certainly tearing it up this year.

imabozo

Quote from: mopar_man on February 18, 2013, 02:59:27 PM
Another Newfoundland member . What part of the island are you . If your on the East Coast , you probably know who I am .
Great car BTW , I'm still looking for something Just haven't made up my mind . :cheers:

Recently moved to Bay Roberts. Where are you? The guys who sold me mine, might still have a sweet '69 R/T for sale.

RIDELIKEHELL

Quote from: imabozo on February 18, 2013, 03:09:15 PM
Quote from: RIDELIKEHELL on February 18, 2013, 02:58:22 PM

Nice. Send over whatever you have. I'm from Labrador City, but just moved to Bay Roberts.

I'm a Habs fan, but have a soft spot for the Hawks. They're certainly tearing it up this year.

Cool! Here is the site that had it for sale but the pics are gone from the web page but it was 7-8 maybe more years ago when I looked at it.

http://www.classic-and-rod.ca/cars_4_sale.html

Maybe worth a phone call to this guy if you wanted so more history on it? Yes my HAWKS are rollling

AMD POSTER BOY

Dodge Don

HABS  :cheers: They are my team as well.  :2thumbs:

Love that 70  :drive:

mopar_man

Quote from: imabozo on February 18, 2013, 03:11:04 PM

Recently moved to Bay Roberts. Where are you? The guys who sold me mine, might still have a sweet '69 R/T for sale.

I'm in Pouch Cove ....across the bay LOL . Yes I know the owner , I took his 69 hemi R/T on a trade in in 1972 at Dodge City . I'm gonna give him a call .

imabozo

Quote from: mopar_man on February 18, 2013, 03:45:44 PM

I'm in Pouch Cove ....across the bay LOL . Yes I know the owner , I took his 69 hemi R/T on a trade in in 1972 at Dodge City . I'm gonna give him a call .

Small world. Do you still have the hemi r/t?

Blusmbl

Caintmakit Racing: Craptastic!
-66 BondoVille Roadster
-05 QC Hemi Ram
-looking for another '68-'69 Charger

mopar_man

Quote from: imabozo on February 18, 2013, 05:21:05 PM
Quote from: mopar_man on February 18, 2013, 03:45:44 PM

Small world. Do you still have the hemi r/t?

Sorrry I never worded it right .......... . I was the salesman at Dodgecity that done the deal when Gord traded the Hemi in on a 72 Polara. BTW That Hemi Charger is only minutes from you .lol

Patronus

I always like to stop and look at the '70 threads.. (I have a '69) Beautiful car. Im jealous. Hope to see more of her.  :popcrn:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

68RT4ME

I saw it for sale back then too. I called the owner and we talked for a good while. I'm sorry I didn't go for it then. It's a great car for sure. Congratulations.. :2thumbs:
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

hemi68charger

Quote from: 68RT4ME on February 20, 2013, 11:12:35 AM

I saw it for sale back then too. I called the owner and we talked for a good while. I'm sorry I didn't go for it then. It's a great car for sure. Congratulations.. :2thumbs:

Hey, me too !!!!
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection