News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sub frame connectors

Started by rick, March 09, 2013, 06:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rick

Can I buy these or can I make some? Dropping a426 in my 69 charger need them

JB400

You could do either one, just depends on your budget and skills.  Don't forget the torque boxes as well.

rick

Do I really need the boxes I'm not really going to beat on it

kab69440

Well, factory Hemi cars got torque boxes but not subframe connectors. Just sayin'...
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Patronus

Quote from: rick on March 09, 2013, 06:55:05 PM

might as well
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: rick on March 09, 2013, 06:55:05 PM

But you're putting in a hemi?   Right...   :smilielol:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

firefighter3931

68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

rick

Thank u everyone this is the best site ever :2thumbs:

Mike DC

I would do the factory torque boxing even before I did the SCs. 

An XV-style lower radiator support wouldn't hurt either. 

dangina

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on March 10, 2013, 05:29:42 PM

I would do the factory torque boxing even before I did the SCs. 

An XV-style lower radiator support wouldn't hurt either. 

don't bother going through XV for a lower rad support, I waited 2 years, kept getting the same run around, made my own out of 1 3/4" DOM that the local race shop bent up for me, and for under half the price...

rick

Mike DC

Yeah, that's why I referred to it as an "XV-style brace". 

Buying from XV isn't necessarily the best way to get one. 

Brightyellow69rtse

what is this brace that you speak of?    also when installing the subframe connectors do you need to do anything special or just put the car on jackstands or a a car lift?  i would be super pissed if i welded them on and the doors wouldnt open or close right or something like that haha.

JB400

They are talking about a brace that goes by the radiator that connects between the 2 front frame rails.  It's just another aftermarket brace to stiffen the frontend.  Check out the XV Motorsports website for more details

http://www.xvmotorsports.com/products/detail/index.cfm?nPID=20&cid=105&cdesc=Chassis%20Stiffening

When I do my subframe install, I plan on installing the engine and trans, and have the car supported by it's wheels.  I also plan on having all the sheetmetal lined up, just so I know it's where it needs to be.  This is my plan unless someone has a better way ;)

Brightyellow69rtse

looks interesting wonder if its worth the trouble or not?

JB400

Depends on what you're using the car for.  If it's just a street cruiser, I wouldn't bother.  If you're gonna carve corners on a autocross event or roadcoarse, then I would do the XV style bracing system.