News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WIW? 75 Cordoba

Started by Ponch ®, February 14, 2013, 02:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch ®

Stumbled onto this little gem on CL. Not the most muscle-y MOPAR ever and not necessarily the most desireable, but this one sure looks good. Since the 74 Charger project is on indefinite hiatus, Im thinking this could be a nice cruiser in the meantime. I have a little problem with the price tho. As nice as it is, seems a little high. What could be a reasonable offer I could make without coming off like a scumbag lowballer?

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/cto/3600814326.html
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

A383Wing

Which V8 motor does it have?

Bryan

moparstuart

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:  RED AND WHITE    nice

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ponch ®

Quote from: A383Wing on February 14, 2013, 02:26:23 PM

Bryan

dunno. probably a 318/360.They weren't putting anything bigger (383/400) than that in them at that point, were they?

I wanna go take a look at it, but I won't have time til next weekend.  :rotz:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

74bluecharger440

start at 28 or just ask him what his absolute lowest  cash in hand price would be

69rtse4spd

:drool5:,To bad it's so far away. As long as there are no problems with it, 2600-2800 sounds about right.

TruckDriver

Quote from: 69rtse4spd on February 14, 2013, 03:34:37 PM
:drool5:,To bad it's so far away. As long as there are no problems with it, 2600-2800 sounds about right.

:iagree: That's a nice car!  :drool5:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Paul G

A clean and sweet car like that is worth his asking price every day. But I am sure he will negotiate. You got to see it in person, and hopefully bring it home with you.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

Ponch ®

Here's the other part of the dilemma:

I have access to cash which, if i found the right deal, could get me an earlier B-Body (im thinking anything from a 1968-71 Satellite, Coronet, etc.), although not in as nice condition as the Cordoba - but those are obviously what us MOPAR guys are attracted to.

So, do I hold out for the second option or jump on this - which is not a dream car, but nice? Do I spend some of that cash, and then when that "great deal" comes along regret it?

Bobs69

If you stumble across a 1976 fury I may be interested.  If its yellow very interested.  Depending on price.  I'm sentimental not stupid.

Daytona R/T SE

I had one of those, same colors too.

Nice car.

Pay the man.

The price is right for such a nice car.

Then throw that $20 K Mart steering wheel in the trash and cruise the balls off that thing.

71green go

$3500 seems like a good deal, will this car be worth $3500 next year if you find your dream car?.....Probably if you keep it nice, then you can sell towards what you want
Dont think you could go wrong in this deal.....

Bobs69

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on February 14, 2013, 06:54:37 PM
I had one of those, same colors too.

Nice car.

Pay the man.

The price is right for such a nice car.

Then throw that $20 K Mart steering wheel in the trash and cruise the balls off that thing.

yes I agree cruise the ball right of that thing.  the old man's fury had a 318 in it, and when he stuck his foot to the floor it sounded furious.

Old Tired Rebel

Quote from: Ponch ® on February 14, 2013, 02:39:29 PM
Quote from: A383Wing on February 14, 2013, 02:26:23 PM

Bryan

dunno. probably a 318/360.They weren't putting anything bigger (383/400) than that in them at that point, were they?

I wanna go take a look at it, but I won't have time til next weekend.  :rotz:
Look 5th digit for the engine. 318 code is G.. 360 code is J,K,L ..   400 M,N,P..

F8-4life

As a seller hearing  "whats your bottom dollar" seems rude and annoying. Or maybe its just the way people say it, not good buying ediquette... I would advise not to do that, unless you pull out a wad of cash quickly afterwards. I do agree 2500-3k seems right if its a good runner.

Finding a 68-71 car under 4k is possible but it'd likely be a rat.

Ponch ®

Quote from: F8-4life on February 14, 2013, 07:30:41 PM
As a seller hearing  "whats your bottom dollar" seems rude and annoying. Or maybe its just the way people say it, not good buying ediquette... I would advise not to do that, unless you pull out a wad of cash quickly afterwards. I do agree 2500-3k seems right if its a good runner.

Just talked to the guy. it's got a stock 360 (which, since its a 75, probably puts out like 60 hp  :icon_smile_big:). Anyway, Im gonna try to go look at it at some point this weekend. the price IS negotiable, but not THAT negotiable. May be a different story "Cash in hand"

Mopar Nut

Quote from: 69rtse4spd on February 14, 2013, 03:34:37 PM
Quote from: 74bluecharger440 on February 14, 2013, 03:10:32 PM
start at 28 or just ask him what his absolute lowest  cash in hand price would be
:iagree: That's sweet looking. My dad had one, nice riding too.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Bobs69

whatever you do don't try to sound cool like they do on that new show counting cars.  you know how they make an offer and stress how it's $100 bills.  I don't give a shit if it's $5 dollar bills!

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Ponch ® on February 14, 2013, 08:42:21 PM
Quote from: F8-4life on February 14, 2013, 07:30:41 PM

Just talked to the guy. it's got a stock 360 (which, since its a 75, probably puts out like 60 hp  :icon_smile_big:). Anyway, Im gonna try to go look at it at some point this weekend. the price IS negotiable, but not THAT negotiable. May be a different story "Cash in hand"

isnt always different when cash in hand I think im the only guy who has rejected someone with cash in hand who offered me to buy my car 2 years ago.

moparstuart

very nice car , buy it if you can  keep it nice , and have a place to keep it in doors .  Then you can alway sell it on later and get your cash back quick .
  If that car was advertised on Forbbodiesonly it would have sold already at that price

Paul G

Cash in hand means nothing to me. I am not going to take a lower amount because he is flashing $100 bills, either we agree on the price or we don't. When we agree we are going to the bank anyway. When I go to buy I do not carry thousands in cash. Still going to the bank to complete the sale.  
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

A383Wing

Be lucky it ain't green otherwise Stuart would have bought it already

Bryan

moparstuart

Quote from: A383Wing on February 14, 2013, 10:53:58 PM
Be lucky it ain't green otherwise Stuart would have bought it already

Bryan

if it was in KC damn right i would have , I love the red and white

hatersaurusrex

Does it have the 'Fine Coreeeentheeean Leeeaather'?
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

A383Wing

Quote from: hatersaurusrex on February 14, 2013, 11:17:29 PM
Does it have the 'Fine Coreeeentheeean Leeeaather'?

I think the term was "Rich Corinthian Leather"