News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Can anyone tell me what this dashpad is from?

Started by BY RSCO, February 12, 2013, 04:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BY RSCO

I got a dashpad in that I ordered which is "supposed" to be for my 69 charger. Low and behold, it is not (unless I am severely missing something here - I am still very new in the Mopar world, but wondering if it is for a 68 and the guy thought it would fit both and just told me it was off of a 69) - cannot get in touch with seller, so on - so I figure I got took. Just wanted to see if it was something else somebody could use. (if anyone needs larger pictures, I will be happy to email them) Thanks

Nacho-RT74

Seems to me, for earliers A body.

will be nice to know for sure, because there is a Dealer around here with one of those NOS too... also Blue
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

kab69440

Yes, it is a '68 B body. I'd be willing to bet a '68 owner who needs it would pay a pretty penny for it. It will physically interchange with your '69 pad, but if you are the "factory correct" type, you may want to sell or trade it for a '69- '70 unit.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

BY RSCO

Thanks for the info. It is an original pad that has been professionally restored. I for sure would gladly sell it. Will be posting it in the classifieds here. Thanks again

PlainfieldCharger

Quote from: kab69440 on February 12, 2013, 06:18:42 PM
Yes, it is a '68 B body. I'd be willing to bet a '68 owner who needs it would pay a pretty penny for it. It will physically interchange with your '69 pad, but if you are the "factory correct" type, you may want to sell or trade it for a '69- '70 unit.
:iagree:
Bought a 68 that had a 69 dash in it. Had me going...that is surly a 68...looks nice!

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

kab69440

The peak in the center of the dash. The 69-70 units are flatter across the face and the upholstery is a bit thicker.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

BY RSCO

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on February 13, 2013, 01:33:21 PM
what would be teh diff between 68 and 69/70 ?

other differences besides mentioned already - the underside of the pad seems to go father back towards the dash than on the 68 pad. The contour on the top of the pad is different, and the 68 pad also is a bit wider on the topside than the 69.

marshallfry01

The dash pad is how you could tell if the general lee close up cars were a 68 or 69. That and the seat covers.
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.