News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Finally uploaded pics of the 2nd 66 wingcar wannabe

Started by Ghoste, November 27, 2011, 12:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

62 Max

Quote from: maxwellwedge on November 27, 2011, 09:15:44 AM
I am a big fan of that induction set-up as well. The engineering going on during that era was groundbreaking for the time....and in your face as well. The air cleaners look like they wouldn't keep a Lawn Boy running though... :lol:

The rest of the car....I dunno.... :scratchchin:     Not hating it - not loving it

These look better !! ;D

moparstuart

i was looking at buying these crude home made set for my rat rod , but the guy was out of his mind stupid on his price
 and he had not even fabbed u a way to hook the likage to the throttle cable yet .  and it was only two barrel carbs  and those things never did flow that well anyway . it would of had a coll factor thats for sure .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

A383Wing

nose has been done before as well

:D

Ghoste

BigBlockSam

hey little stu your right it is the wing but not the material it's made from . it's the size . those other cars wings look like ornaments . his big aluminum wing looks race , like it should .

now it's time to finish it
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

stripedelete

Quote from: mauve66 on January 26, 2013, 01:42:05 PM
alright, now to be different i have to start designing a nose cone that still intergrates the hide-a-way lights and look of the grill

One long door instead of two, blacked out when closed?

mauve66

definitely not blacked out, i like the chromed edges, they go with the bumpers and door trim and taillight trim and they look like teeth
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Musicman

Quote from: moparstuart on January 26, 2013, 03:09:04 PM
I like this one the best    :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :nana:

Hey... I did that...  the Photoshop work that is.  :scratchchin:

I have said many times that from the standpoint of design, the wing always looks right at home on a 1st Gen, much more so than on a 2nd Gen... it's almost as if they were designed on a 1st Gen platform.... Odd  :scratchchin:

Mauve... didn't you extend your wing a bit so that it rides on the quarter ridge where the trim normally sits? I've never really seen a good shot of it, but it always looks that way in the pictures that I have seen.

moparstuart

Quote from: Musicman on January 27, 2013, 03:20:44 PM

I have said many times that from the standpoint of design, the wing always looks right at home on a 1st Gen, much more so than on a 2nd Gen... it's almost as if they were designed on a 1st Gen platform.... Odd  :scratchchin:

Mauve... didn't you extend your wing a bit so that it rides on the quarter ridge where the trim normally sits? I've never really seen a good shot of it, but it always looks that way in the pictures that I have seen.
ok pink is good too 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Musicman

Yes... I did all the colors  :lol:

I personally liked the Yellow version. :scratchchin: Do you have that one?

chargerman69

mauve66

Quote from: thehemikid on January 26, 2013, 02:37:46 PM
If the one I saw in the late 80's is not one of those 2, & still around, that would make 4 including yours. :Twocents:

Its got me wondering if I took a pic back in the day.

did you find a pic??? inquiring minds want to know
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

mauve66

Quote from: Musicman on January 27, 2013, 03:20:44 PM

no, still playing with it having its own platform inside the valley, i did take the edge trim off and cut the lip down though
without the extension it would ride on the side of the slope from the rear window, wonder if i should of cut it to make it fit on the trunk lid or next to the edge of the trunk more instead of extending it out
:shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

Musicman

Quote from: mauve66 on February 09, 2013, 02:43:54 PM
...wonder if i should of cut it to make it fit on the trunk lid or next to the edge of the trunk more instead of extending it out
:shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy:

Personally, I think that would be a step in the wrong direction.  :Twocents:

Ghoste

Agreed, it looks good there now just inside the edge.

ACUDANUT

I have never been a "wing" guy. All these kids in their rice buners have them, and have ruined the wing imagine for me.  :RantExplode:

mauve66

when i'm done winging it, the local mopar crowd won't let me in but maybe the ricers will :2thumbs:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment