News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The car that started it for me goes from orange clunker to orange hero!

Started by 7chargers, February 05, 2013, 08:54:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

7chargers

I know we all have one common love, which are Dodge Chargers, 1st gen, 2nd and now more on here 3rd gen. Some members come on here and dream of owning there childhood hero, that orange clunker car the General Lee, or maybe its a green 69 RT with a black stripe. Or maybe you already own your Charger and come on here for tech help. Which ever it is it's the car not the paint that we love when it comes down to it.
Recently I received a text from a great friend who I had meet now going on 8 years who had the car I had always dreamed of, it was orange and had the black 01 on the side. I was deployed and away from friends and family and we had started a bond which was the love of a certain car. When I got home about 4 months later and laid eyes on his car it made me realize that someday it could be possible to own my dream car. The lines that no other car has just as defined as it has looked on t.v and magazine articles through out the years was in front of me in real life. Just sitting in the passenger seat of his 69 charger put the per-ma grin from ear to ear and the roar of the motor made me speechless as we cruised up and down the main drag.
This last week he informed me that torch has been passed from his orange 01 to mine as I now have the realization of owning my own 69 charger GL after years of dreaming and hard work of saving and selling to own one. As the stickers come off of his and it goes from super hero back to MOPAR legend I will always look to him and his special charger as the bench mark for Chargers and allowing me to sit now behind the drivers seat not the passenger and continue to smile ear to ear as the motor purrs and the memories are made behind my own orange clunker! Look forward to cruising in the near future with the 2 69 chargers.. This person never asked for mention and Thanks so I figured even though many may not get the chance to meet him I thought it was worth Thanking him... Thanks RJA

JB400

Glad to hear that you finally got what it is you wanted most:  a really good friend that enjoys the same type of cars that you do, that was willing to go that one extra step to help you acquire a dream :2thumbs: